2022 CFL Season - Back 2 Back Champs News

JCon

yeah...they have a good LB corp...but hard to see them all back....and that receiving corp not sure why it's considered good...McCinnis isnt a stud, and really hasnt done much...as with Lenius...got a look in NFL on body type alone...and didnt do diddly here last year...nor has since been back... Moore can't track a deep ball if his life depended on it and Shaq I thi nk is too brittle, and also on wrong side of 30 to be building your team around....KSB is a good one and woefully misused there...and doubt he resigns as he will get offers elsewhere

Its a mess there...that Oline wont get fixed over the off-season, and they could very likely be trotting out the Faj again next year....ouch

2 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Yeah, I can’t imagine any proven vets being in a hurry to sign there and could see a few of theirs leave. I don’t think they like living there, so if the team has no real chance , why would you sign? 

and if they go into 2023 status quo with coaching and management...who would wanna go there, unless way over payed on a 1 yr deal....continuity will be an issue there for a few yrs I bet regardless until they smarten up and right that ship

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

That Hamilton game sticks in my craw. Win that one and we are one win against the Elks away from wrapping up the division.

that Montreal one does more...that one should have been a no brainer...oh well....we still control things...BC at T.O is not a sure win for them....and highly doubt they sweep us.....if anything I see us sweeping them

We just need to not let up and send a message at home here this week against edmonton...win that and BC has to win out to pass us...and 2 of them are against us...I like our chances

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

Looked to me like he had a screw loose. 

The riders biggest problem right now is their head coach. Zero accountability. He's afraid of his players. Constantly making excuses for them and clearly not in charge. If the bombers have a unproven 3rd string qb who gets a DUI i feel like he's instantly cut. The whole Marino situation. Dickenson finally states publicly that the team isn't very good and then he sheepishly apologizes to his his players and basically tells them its not true. And now you have a guy like Dan Clarke who should be told that he should retire for his own good. Some players need to be told. But Dickenson wouldn't have the courage to tell him. The riders have the talent to be better then they are. That receiving core should be something special at least on paper. The defense is also fine. If they brought in a coach who would keep the players accountable and signed Bo Levi Mitchell they could be pretty competitive. 

I'm not sure where you're getting the highlighted points from.

1) You don't tell a player to retire from a pro sport. That's just not something that happens....or even if it did....not a chance in hell it would be done publicly. Could you imagine any coach in any sport coming out and saying he told a player they should retire so they don't get hurt....?

2) How? How is that rec core special....even on paper? I don't see it.

3) Bo plays 3 games at most behind that line before he's being pealed off the turf. I honestly believe Bo would make them worse. He's not escaping pressure like Cody can.

14 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

1) You don't tell a player to retire from a pro sport. That's just not something that happens....or even if it did....not a chance in hell it would be done publicly. Could you imagine any coach in any sport coming out and saying he told a player they should retire so they don't get hurt....?

3) Bo plays 3 games at most behind that line before he's being pealed off the turf. I honestly believe Bo would make them worse. He's not escaping pressure like Cody can.

If they latch onto BLM as their saviour, they're heading in the wrong direction.

51 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Duke Williams, Kyran Moore, and Evans. That's an elite trio. With a good qb they would be pretty prolific. 

They need some work in some areas for sure. But I don't think they need a complete rebuild as many are suggesting. Under good management they could be competitive next season. If you can find a couple defensive backs, and american tackle and a defensive end then you're doing something wrong. Unless you're in a situation like edmonton was in you don't need to completely gut a team. In the CFL there's little benefit to building like that because the different between a 4th overall pick and a 1st or 2nd overall pick isn't gigantic.   Its more about making wise selections. 

Just now, Colin Unger said:

Obviously there's been injuries this year. But the issue isn't the receivers. Its the QB and the offensive line. We'd be fine in Winnipeg with that trio, our offensive line, and Zach.

Just for starters, Duke Williams hasn't been particularly good, let alone "elite", since he came back from the NFL. He's heavy, slow and prone to drops. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

yeah...they have a good LB corp...but hard to see them all back....and that receiving corp not sure why it's considered good...McCinnis isnt a stud, and really hasnt done much...as with Lenius...got a look in NFL on body type alone...and didnt do diddly here last year...nor has since been back... Moore can't track a deep ball if his life depended on it and Shaq I thi nk is too brittle, and also on wrong side of 30 to be building your team around....KSB is a good one and woefully misused there...and doubt he resigns as he will get offers elsewhere

Its a mess there...that Oline wont get fixed over the off-season, and they could very likely be trotting out the Faj again next year....ouch

KSB will be in an NFL camp

29 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure what year you think it is..... 

yeah...not anymore....and really in the 2 yrs duke been back has really done noting...Moore is average...there are lots of Moores in the league and Evans I think is on the down swing

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

KSB will be in an NFL camp

I don't think he showed enough this yr to get that look...maybe based on physical tools....and partly from last yr, but seems this yr he has kinda regressed a bit, tho prob more a product of his environment he stuck in too

46 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Duke Williams, Kyran Moore, and Evans. That's an elite trio. With a good qb they would be pretty prolific. 

They need some work in some areas for sure. But I don't think they need a complete rebuild as many are suggesting. Under good management they could be competitive next season. If you can find a couple defensive backs, and american tackle and a defensive end then you're doing something wrong. Unless you're in a situation like edmonton was in you don't need to completely gut a team. In the CFL there's little benefit to building like that because the different between a 4th overall pick and a 1st or 2nd overall pick isn't gigantic.   Its more about making wise selections. 

Moore has never been elite. He has the potential....but that's it. I'm actually curious as to why you think he's elite. The others at the very least have had great/solid seasons in the past, so I can understand your thinking on those. I disagree as I think both are past their prime. But Moore is a "if only he could reach his potential" type. To quote the Mighty Ducks, "you're not even a has been, you're a never was" 

Edited by Bigblue204

Just now, Geebrr said:

Unlikely 

yeah...he is good...not elite....and guys like him are a dime a dozen in the NFL coming out of college...how Lenius got that shot is baffling...prob moreso cause he had an NCAA pedigree

Moore has never been elite.

1 minute ago, Booch said:

yeah...he is good...not elite....and guys like him are a dime a dozen in the NFL coming out of college...how Lenius got that shot is baffling...prob moreso cause he had an NCAA pedigree

He can’t do anything like return kicks either to separate himself from a hundred other guys 

7 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

Moore has never been elite.

He can’t do anything like return kicks either to separate himself from a hundred other guys 

nope....he if anything will head back east next yr closer to home..

4 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

Moore has never been elite. He has the potential....but that's it. I'm actually curious as to why you think he's elite. The others at the very least have had great/solid seasons in the past, so I can understand your thinking on those. I disagree as I think both are past their prime. But Moore is a "if only he could reach his potential" type. To quote the Mighty Ducks, "you're not even a has been, you're a never was" 

I think it's more "if he could only stay healthy" and "if he only had a quarterback" . I honestly think he's what stirs the drink for any kind of offense in Regina