Jump to content

2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Khari is in a good spot. The Als can fire him if they want. He'll just be a HC with another team. And they'll still have Macciocia. 

Khari took over a team in turmoil with poor talent and the talent is still not up to par. Firing him would be another setback.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Khari took over a team in turmoil with poor talent and the talent is still not up to par. Firing him would be another setback.

I’d like to see Edm fire jones and bring khari in. They have a great president and fan support with some decent pieces he could work with. 
 But if mtl fires him they are on crack. He’s done way more than most any one would do with that core. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/12/als-move-stanback-to-six-game-injured-list/

Quote

MONTREAL — The Montreal Alouettes have moved running back William Stanback to the six-game injured list.

Stanback was injured in the first half of the Als’ 30-27 loss to the Calgary Stampeders on Thursday night at McMahon Stadium. Last year’s East Division nominee for Most Outstanding Player, Stanback led the league in rushing in 2021, with 1,176 yards.

Stanback left Thursday’s game with three carries for 11 yards and two catches for 17 yards with a touchdown.

As they moved Stanback to the injured list, the Als signed American running back Shane Simpson on Sunday.

The Alouettes are in Toronto on Thursday to kick off Week 2 against the Argonauts at BMO Field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

 

Justin time, too.

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I’d like to see Edm fire jones and bring khari in. They have a great president and fan support with some decent pieces he could work with. 
 But if mtl fires him they are on crack. He’s done way more than most any one would do with that core. 

I would question the "great president" part. After all, they hired Chris Jones, didn't they?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Cui was announced as the new president a month after Jones was hired.  It was the L's board of governors that picked him as coach.

Yep. I have no doubt things in Edm would be very different if cui had put a front office and coaching staff in place. 
 

 

25 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Yup, Edmonton got their front office @$$-backward… and this is what you get

The usual in Edmonton it seems. 
 

52 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Justin time, too.

I would question the "great president" part. After all, they hired Chris Jones, didn't they?

You couldn’t ask for a better team president than victor cui in any league. I would love him as the comish, a real comish not a figure head. 
 Khari and cui could be the start of a mafia quality management. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JCon said:

So, what doesn't jive is that, it was said, Harris went into last season unprepared and he got injured because of it. 

Maybe. It’s what buds say. Remp82 wants Harr33 to buy him a beer next time they hit the town. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harris is not the greatest ever. He is not even the greatest Bomber ever. He is arguably not even the greatest Canadian or Canadian Bomber ever  


Greatest ever - Doug Flutie by a lot (Jackie Parker often cited as 2nd best, although Anthony Calvillo and Mike Pringle could also get consideration)

Greatest Bomber - Milt Stegall

Greatest Canadian Bomber - Based on tenure and making an apples to oranges positional comparison, I’d put Chris Walby, Joe Poplawski, and Bob Cameron ahead of Harris. 

Greatest Canadian - Harris’ overall career including his BC time gives him a puncher’s chance to lay a claim (especially with the all-time Canadian rushing record). But he has only won the MOC award once and was never MOP. Jon Cornish (3x MOC, MOP), Tony Gabriel (4x MOC, MOP), and Russ Jackson (4x MOC, 3x MOP) all did better. Cornish and Jackson also won the Lou Marsh Trophy, and Jackson was given the Order of Canada, was Grey Cup MVP, and was indicted into the Canadian Sports Hall. Of Fame). For me Jackson is the best. Again, if a positional comparison is factored in, Walby could lay a claim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Greatest Canadian Bomber - Based on tenure and making an apples to oranges positional comparison, I’d put Chris Walby, Joe Poplawski, and Bob Cameron ahead of Harris. 

Where does Doug Brown fit in this ranking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Harris is not the greatest ever. He is not even the greatest Bomber ever. He is arguably not even the greatest Canadian or Canadian Bomber ever  


Greatest ever - Doug Flutie by a lot (Jackie Parker often cited as 2nd best, although Anthony Calvillo and Mike Pringle could also get consideration)

Greatest Bomber - Milt Stegall

Greatest Canadian Bomber - Based on tenure and making an apples to oranges positional comparison, I’d put Chris Walby, Joe Poplawski, and Bob Cameron ahead of Harris. 

Greatest Canadian - Harris’ overall career including his BC time gives him a puncher’s chance to lay a claim (especially with the all-time Canadian rushing record). But he has only won the MOC award once and was never MOP. Jon Cornish (3x MOC, MOP), Tony Gabriel (4x MOC, MOP), and Russ Jackson (4x MOC, 3x MOP) all did better. Cornish and Jackson also won the Lou Marsh Trophy, and Jackson was given the Order of Canada, was Grey Cup MVP, and was indicted into the Canadian Sports Hall. Of Fame). For me Jackson is the best. Again, if a positional comparison is factored in, Walby could lay a claim. 

In my time watching the cfl Cornish and even lumsden were both absolute beasts running the ball but neither had the longevity 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Harris is not the greatest ever. He is not even the greatest Bomber ever. He is arguably not even the greatest Canadian or Canadian Bomber ever  


Greatest ever - Doug Flutie by a lot (Jackie Parker often cited as 2nd best, although Anthony Calvillo and Mike Pringle could also get consideration)

Greatest Bomber - Milt Stegall

Greatest Canadian Bomber - Based on tenure and making an apples to oranges positional comparison, I’d put Chris Walby, Joe Poplawski, and Bob Cameron ahead of Harris. 

Greatest Canadian - Harris’ overall career including his BC time gives him a puncher’s chance to lay a claim (especially with the all-time Canadian rushing record). But he has only won the MOC award once and was never MOP. Jon Cornish (3x MOC, MOP), Tony Gabriel (4x MOC, MOP), and Russ Jackson (4x MOC, 3x MOP) all did better. Cornish and Jackson also won the Lou Marsh Trophy, and Jackson was given the Order of Canada, was Grey Cup MVP, and was indicted into the Canadian Sports Hall. Of Fame). For me Jackson is the best. Again, if a positional comparison is factored in, Walby could lay a claim. 

I don't care how good he was, you can't put a punter ahead of anyone who plays a regular position. Bob Cameron did his job & he was very good but he was a specialist. Someone who got on the field maybe 7 or 8 times a game. Moreso if the offense couldn't move the ball. Bob's best game he could possibly have is if he never punted. Which would have meant that his offense was functioning at peak efficiency. So, saying Cameron is better than Andrew Harris is wrong. Compare Cameron to other punters & then we can have a conversation. Anything else is a non starter. 

We could argue all day who the greatest Canadian player is/was for the Bombers. Joe Poplawski certainly was one of those players but you had othe as well such as  Fullback Gerry James who played for the Leafs & Bombers simultaneously in the 50's & early 60's. Jim Heighton was a Defensive End in the 70's who was a helluva player & played a long time for Winnipeg. Doug Brown was an immovable object for years on the defensive line despite being double teamed on every play. John Bonk a perennial all star at Center. Chris Walby for sure should be up for consideration. Gordie Rowland as a corner. Another guy who played well over a decade in Blue & Gold & distinguished himself with Bomber team awards, all star nominations & Grey Cup victories. There are others I've missed. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Another guy who played well over a decade in Blue & Gold & distinguished himself with Bomber team awards, all star nominations & Grey Cup victories. There are others I've missed. 

 

I'll throw one in here.....Herb Gray.....allstar and one of the best guards and defensive ends to ever suit up in BluenGold.......Frank Rigney as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...