Jump to content

2022 CFL Season - Non Back 2 Back Champs News


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

I don't believe a team team in Halifax will work (no one is going to build a stadium, simple as that).

Equally unlikely (moreso becasue no one is trying) is a team in London. 

Agree. And honestly we have enough hard luck franchises in major cities in need of serious attention. 

Seems like we are in the last season of the Toronto argos in the cfl. Let’s focus on bc tor and Mtl. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don't believe a team team in Halifax will work (no one is going to build a stadium, simple as that).

Equally unlikely (moreso becasue no one is trying) is a team in London. 

Exactly. I don't see a demand. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree. And honestly we have enough hard luck franchises in major cities in need of serious attention. 

Seems like we are in the last season of the Toronto argos in the cfl. Let’s focus on bc tor and Mtl. 

maybe last season of MLSE owning them. Which may not be a bad thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

maybe last season of MLSE owning them. Which may not be a bad thing. 

Thing about MLSE buying them was access to BMO. If MLSE doesn't own them, how long will they last at BMO? Not long, I'm sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

It would be really nice if the CFL could find an owner for the Argos who is like the new owner in BC.

Yep.  It's too early to know if the changes in BC will turn things around long term but at least their owner seems to give a s**t and is actively trying to make the team successful.  The same cannot be said for Tannenbaum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Exactly. I don't see a demand. 

maybe last season of MLSE owning them. Which may not be a bad thing. 

 

35 minutes ago, JCon said:

Thing about MLSE buying them was access to BMO. If MLSE doesn't own them, how long will they last at BMO? Not long, I'm sure.

I think MLSE will move the argos to the XFL next year. The league isnt going to essentially start manage and run an entire franchise in a year. 

 

34 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

It would be really nice if the CFL could find an owner for the Argos who is like the new owner in BC.

sure would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, wbbfan said:

I think MLSE will move the argos to the XFL next year. The league isnt going to essentially start manage and run an entire franchise in a year. 

I don't think that would be an option. I assume that the CFL would have language in the partnership agreement that would prevent the Argos (brand and organization) to leave the CFL. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start a new XFL team, though. 

The Toronto Empty Seats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

L'ks depth chart for tomorrow. No Carter, which isn't surprising...but also is surprising. Or did he get cut and I missed it?

They also only have 1 RB listed. Mr.Flex. Playing with fire there.

Last night, Jones secretly shuffled 12 players onto the 1 game I.R., let the bullshit begin....

Edited by Fatty Liver
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JCon said:

I don't think that would be an option. I assume that the CFL would have language in the partnership agreement that would prevent the Argos (brand and organization) to leave the CFL. I wouldn't be surprised to see them start a new XFL team, though. 

The Toronto Empty Seats. 

You would expect so. But this is the same league that fell for the gliebermens, twice, allowed a crook and 2 stars to buy their way to winning, had 6 us franchises fail, 2 more fail to start playing, has seen its franchise in our nations capitol fold more times than an origami crane, and whose biggest modern moves are a global punter draft + terrible pop country crap. I assume nothing of the CFL. 

Just now, Fatty Liver said:

Last night, Jones secretly shuffled 10 players onto the 1 game I.R., let the bullshit begin....

same old same old. bet half of them are practicing too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Als owner really needs to not talk to media.  What a dolt.

 

Quote

 

“This year will tell if we’re just talk or real — and I believe we’re real,” Stern said. “If it doesn’t come together, I have a lot of questions. We owe it to the fans to put a team together that’s entertaining and wins. If the team wins and is entertaining, I don’t see why they won’t come out. If they don’t … you have to look at your own internal organization.”

“This season will determine what the CFL and Als are about. If not, by midseason, you’ll see me take action, although I’m not sure what that means.”

“I’m a big man and I’m not stupid,” Stern told the Gazette. “I knew what I was getting into. Am I putting in way more work than I thought? Yes. Way more money? Yes. I admit I could have handled some things differently. It’s nobody’s fault. Last year, I don’t know how anybody could have made money; we knew we weren’t. I can’t blame people for not coming out.”

“The fans are passionate and love it; there’s just not enough of them. It’s up to ownership and the team to give them what they need. Then if they don’t come, you go as a business person and say I think we have a problem.”

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Can someone explain the USFL to me? How are they able to play in front of literally empty stadiums?

Fox owns it so literally just in existence to fill Saturday-Sunday afternoon programming in spring.

They are just playing in a couple cities I believe even though the teams are all belonging to different cities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Can someone explain the USFL to me? How are they able to play in front of literally empty stadiums?

They are playing in a single host city. Like they planned to do for the cancelled season here. The home team draws ok. The others draw less than friends and family. It’s just a loss leader for slot filling like jbr said. I don’t think it’ll last as is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...