2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm just really glad that the teams that matter are stepping in to prevent the assholes from wrecking everything. 

Larry is bereft of solutions, his only plan is to jump aboard the coat-tails of a passing gravy train headed in the right direction, just another executive who cares not whether he sells hamburger or human organs, it's all just meat to him.

4 hours ago, Booch said:

Load of crap... I actually spike with a buddy in Bc and he said he has never seen the marketing and promotional stuff there..in like decades...the Lions are visible all over now...and people are talking about them again...and they are actually catering to the younger fan...and the new fan...MLSEN is a joke..maybe they should talk the talk and walk it and show us the way.

I also like BC getting rid of that upper teir curtain too

It looked very claustrophobic like playing in a coffin. 

The comparison to the big league teams is absurd.  You're talking best in the world leagues vs the CFL.  The CFL are going to be behind the NFL and SEC/Big Ten/Big 12 football in profitability no matter what they do.   So if you're looking at the Leafs, the most profitable hockey team in the world versus the CFL you're nuts.  If you can't come to terms with that sell the team.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

In a broad way, he’s not wrong, we complain about the same things all of the time.

I think we just know that his “solutions” are probably crap - knowing that the community owned teams are against him kind of tells me what I need to know.

In terms of ability to grow generally not wrong, but the comparison is absolutely stupid.  The CFL is positioned where it is.  He should research how profitable XFL and USFL teams have been.  Nobody is going to compete with the NFL and top level NCAA football on this continent, even world, so at best the CFL is trying to have franchises in the range of 45-50 in terms of most valuable football teams.

In reality his franchise is the one that has the most ability to grow.  The fact it's not happening is nobodies fault but his own operations team.  Every other team in the league is responsible for local marketing and they have the biggest market by at least 5x.

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Hi-Larious... Durin Carter at DB and Manny makes it at REC... 

I mean good for him that’s awesome but he was completely washed 3 years ago. He’s not going to be scaring a lot of DB’s out there at his age. I really wanted him here like 5-6 years ago. He was legitimately excellent in his prime. 

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

I mean good for him that’s awesome but he was completely washed 3 years ago. He’s not going to be scaring a lot of DB’s out there at his age. I really wanted him here like 5-6 years ago. He was legitimately excellent in his prime. 

This is more a comment about the quality of receivers the Riders unearthed in the off-season than about Manny's remaining talent.

L'ks:

Released: American LB Victor Abraham, National DB Dotun Aketepe, American REC Ka’Ron Ashley, National LS Blaise Barber, National RB Jean-Paul Cimankinda, National DB Kenan Clarke, National OL Tyler Clucas-Warren, American DB Jhavonte Dean, National LB Nate Edwards, National DB Nate Hamlin, National PK Greg Hutchins, National OL Peter Kourtis, American PK Caleb Lightbourn, American OL Emanuel McGirt, American RB Terrance Roberts, American LB Quart’e Sapp, American REC Christian Saulsberry, American OL Brandon Smith, American REC JD Spielman, American DB Jeawon Taylor, American REC Jalen Tolliver

Stumps:

Released: Global DL Misiona Aiolupotea-Pei, American DL Yurik Bethune, American REC Juston Christian, National OL Carter Comeau, American DL Nik D’Avanzo, American REC Felton Davis III, American QB Chase Fourcade, American REC Nick Holley, American REC Reece Horn, American DL Eli Howard, American OL Baer Hunter, National DB Malcom Lee, American REC Khalil McClain, National OL Josh Mosley, American DL George Obinna (remaining in Calgary to rehab injury), American DB Antonio Phillips, National RB Rasheed Tucker, American DB Darius Williams, American LB Perry Young 

RBs

Released: American DB Tenny Adewusi, American REC Brandon Arconado, National OL Ketel Asse, Global PK Gabriel Ballinas, National DB Jordan Beaulieu, American DL Bryce Carter, American DB Douglas Coleman, American REC BJ Cunningham, National OL Matthew Derks, American DB Marloshawn Franklin, National OL Jaylan Guthrie, American DL Deonte Holden, American REC Seantavious Jones, American DL Will Kiely, American DL Weston Kramer, National DL Clement Lebreux, American RB Byron Marshall, American OL Kyle McCrorey, American QB David Moore, National LB Subomi Oyesoro, National FB Luca Perrier, National RB Mitch Raper, American LB Terrance Smith, American DL Jhaustin Thomas, American DB Trumaine Washington  

Als:

Released: American DL Andrew Ankrah, American REC Quan Bray, American OL Mark Brooks, National PK Dante Brown, American DB Reshard Cliett, National DB Tyson-Otis Copeland, American DL Dashawn Crawford, National REC Ente Eguavoen, American DL Chris Favoroso, National REC Vincent Forbes-Mombleau, National RB Ryth-Jean Giraud, American REC Fabian Guerra, American DB Robert Hayes Jr., American REC Krishawn Hogan, National OL Peter Kozushka, American DL Anthony Luke, American PK Matt Mengel, American DB Debione Renfroe, National REC Mathieu Robitaille, American RB Jordan Scarlett, American DB Prince Smith Jr., American OL Taylor Tappin, American LB Erroll Thompson, American DB Herb Waters 

The rest haven't been announced yet... 

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Als:

Released:  American DB Robert Hayes Jr., American REC Krishawn Hogan, National OL Peter Kozushka, American DL Anthony Luke, American PK Matt Mengel, American DB Debione Renfroe, National REC Mathieu Robitaille, American RB Jordan Scarlett, American DB Prince Smith Jr., American OL Taylor Tappin, American LB Erroll Thompson, American DB Herb Waters 

"r/leafs by the numbers #12: Errol Thompson scored 245 points in 365 games  in Toronto. His best season was 1975-76 when he scored 43 goals and 80  points. He is perhaps best

"Without Sittler, I knew I was screwed."

Edited by Fatty Liver

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Have you noticed there's not a lot of name players  being released. Just a whole lot of Rosies... errrr... nobodies. 

The vets have new found value.

Need to get those naturalized canadians on your roster to swap the NIs with.