2021/22 - CFL Offseason - Non-Back-to-Back Grey Cup Champion Thread

JCon

Anyone else trying to buy Grey Cup tickets? I received the season ticket holder promo code and it says the sale starts at 11am our time today. Ive been trying for the last 15 minutes and the site keeps saying the promo code is not valid??? Wouldnt be surprised if the Riders are f'ing around so less Bomber fans can get tickets.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

14 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Anyone else trying to buy Grey Cup tickets? I received the season ticket holder promo code and it says the sale starts at 11am our time today. Ive been trying for the last 15 minutes and the site keeps saying the promo code is not valid??? Wouldnt be surprised if the Riders are f'ing around so less Bomber fans can get tickets.

I mean, It's not the like game sells out right away. Not really possible to do that,

17 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

It's working now... it was not right at 11am though.

On 2022-06-01 at 1:43 PM, JCon said:

Six months of TSN is $99 (for comparison) via the app. 

As I miss a lot of the broadcasts during the summer I've had both in the past, the TSN "Games on Demand" is unreliable, unpredictable and frustrating, sometimes they make CFL replays available for a limited time, sometimes they don't even bother, no reason or rhyme.  The dedicated CFL subscription services such as Yare TV post all games shortly after they end, and leave them up for the entire season to re-watch on demand.  They used to cut out the commercials but they no longer do that, so re-watching a game takes just as long.

If you only want to watch Bomber games a single team package can be purchased for $30 USD.

Edited by Fatty Liver

Streve says he's open to return north......but if he does with whom.....I'd luv to see him back in bluengold BUT can we swing it monetarily....Another club could make him a solid offer and drive his price up BUT would Chris take it over returning to his former CFL club that has a chance at a three peat......Says he's weighing out things over the next few weeks......IF no other suitors in the nfl show I'd say he's definitely heading north....Going to be an interesting wait and see

he'll want to be a starter, or at least have a path to being the starter soon. Not sure we fit that bill. Having said that, he definitely seems like a guy that enjoyed being on Osh's team, with Woogie, in Winnipeg..... so that'll weigh into it for sure. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

he'll want to be a starter, or at least have a path to being the starter soon. Not sure we fit that bill. Having said that, he definitely seems like a guy that enjoyed being on Osh's team, with Woogie, in Winnipeg..... so that'll weigh into it for sure. 

With the new hash marks, Strev would be a containment nightmare......getting around the closer corner and turning intro a raging tailback.........

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

Who knows how long ZC wants to keep playing too...Regardless...I bet if Strev decides it's up here this yr....it will be here.

Also with the ability to have 2 QBS on field together...he will get ample time on field if not the starter.

With that setup......no end to the packages and formations you could put out there......

From the desk of the Mighty Tanenbaum.

MLSE Chair Larry Tanenbaum speaks about the CFL

I do have to ask about the Argos, because the CFL seems constantly in trouble. Is there a solution to the league’s challenges?

Yeah, I thought so, and I was working on it, but I’m not sure there’s alignment among [some of] the other ownership groups of the other eight teams. The community-owned teams seem to be satisfied with what’s happening in the CFL, so we’re working to see how the Argos fit into that scenario. I’m not happy with it. I’m not happy with the structure of the league. My concern is, in the major cities of Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, it’s not attracted the younger fan engagement. You look at value creation and, you know, quite unfortunately, these teams are not worth that much money. The hockey, basketball or soccer teams are trading at hundreds of millions of dollars, in some cases billions of dollars. And you see the Argos, you know, a 106-year-old league, and what value creation are these franchises trading at? You’ve got to look at that and say, Is that success?

Load of crap... I actually spike with a buddy in Bc and he said he has never seen the marketing and promotional stuff there..in like decades...the Lions are visible all over now...and people are talking about them again...and they are actually catering to the younger fan...and the new fan...MLSEN is a joke..maybe they should talk the talk and walk it and show us the way.

I also like BC getting rid of that upper teir curtain too

41 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

From the desk of the Mighty Tanenbaum.

MLSE Chair Larry Tanenbaum speaks about the CFL

I do have to ask about the Argos, because the CFL seems constantly in trouble. Is there a solution to the league’s challenges?

Yeah, I thought so, and I was working on it, but I’m not sure there’s alignment among [some of] the other ownership groups of the other eight teams. The community-owned teams seem to be satisfied with what’s happening in the CFL, so we’re working to see how the Argos fit into that scenario. I’m not happy with it. I’m not happy with the structure of the league. My concern is, in the major cities of Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver, it’s not attracted the younger fan engagement. You look at value creation and, you know, quite unfortunately, these teams are not worth that much money. The hockey, basketball or soccer teams are trading at hundreds of millions of dollars, in some cases billions of dollars. And you see the Argos, you know, a 106-year-old league, and what value creation are these franchises trading at? You’ve got to look at that and say, Is that success?

**** can we revoke their franchise ownership? Try and market the team? Nah better **** up the league in a short sighted attempt to create value. ******* greedy fucks.