Jump to content

2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition


Noeller
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Alford Castillo will get nfl looks. Possibly Nichols too. 

I thought Big Stan getting the cup first could mean the end for him but his post-game comments made me think maybe not. 

I mean Eli if he can't travel certainly won't be brought back. 

 

I just caught that video of Stanley,there's nothing in his locker room interview that even hinted at retirement. I think Harris is the one that would make sense to retire,I know he's close to 10000 but back to back grey Cup victories for your home town team is a way to ride off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

There are definitely players that will be looking for pay raises and all that comes out of the pie that feeds other players, so something has to give.  Nick Taylor, Darby or Maston may have to be sacrificed to retain the D rookies, Darvin may not be renewed and Harris may have to take a deeper cut if he wants to return, with Brady looking to be the man, Augustine probably leaves. 

My biggest concern is along the O-line, Couture, Desjarlais, Eli and Gray can probably go wherever they choose and stuff their pockets with twice the cash, it will be hard to retain all of them when other teams are desperate for O-line help.  Neufeld, Stanley and Hardrick probably play out their careers without much fuss.  D-line could see the loss of Kongbo and maybe Sayles as they step up to starter status and their pay stubs should rise significantly.  Jake, Stove, Willie and Jeffcoat probably Bombers for life.

could see Taylor on the outs due to his age, tho you would never know he was a 33 soon to be 34 yr old DB, as for the 2 rookies...they are signed into 22' on rookie deals, so they are a non-issue

As for the young Olineman...they won't get double elsewhere...Couture will already be on his 3rd contract, so his bump won't be super drastic...Gray I believe is signed through 22'...and He isn't making a low end standard rookie deal...so again his bump won't be drastic. 

Harris....I doubt he walks away, and I could see him take a shave, and even be used in more of a rotation. And if thats the case would make a shave more acceptable.

Willie has even said....offer him something fair, and he's good to go, and seeing as they wanna put down roots here, I don't see him going anywhere, and his boy Jackson I am sure will be resigned....the one I worry about is Kongbo...hopefully the culture/lockeroom bond etc is enough to keep him here for a bit less..if not, I see him back home to B.C.....Jake may ride out into the sunset now...2 time champ...would allow some spare $$ for Kongbo

Curious about Darvin...The fire is still there....still only 32 next yr...will he take a 3rd receiver type salary shave to stay....he seems like the type to do that...guess we will see but two playoffs in a row hey was very vital, and is the leader....lotsa questions for sure....gonna be an interesting off-season

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Booch said:

could see Taylor on the outs due to his age, tho you would never know he was a 33 soon to be 34 yr old DB, as for the 2 rookies...they are signed into 22' on rookie deals, so they are a non-issue

As for the young Olineman...they won't get double elsewhere...Couture will already be on his 3rd contract, so his bump won't be super drastic...Gray I believe is signed through 22'...and He isn't making a low end standard rookie deal...so again his bump won't be drastic. 

Harris....I doubt he walks away, and I could see him take a shave, and even be used in more of a rotation. And if thats the case would make a shave more acceptable.

Willie has even said....offer him something fair, and he's good to go, and seeing as they wanna put down roots here, I don't see him going anywhere, and his boy Jackson I am sure will be resigned....the one I worry about is Kongbo...hopefully the culture/lockeroom bond etc is enough to keep him here for a bit less..if not, I see him back home to B.C.....Jake may ride out into the sunset now...2 time champ...would allow some spare $$ for Kongbo

Curious about Darvin...The fire is still there....still only 32 next yr...will he take a 3rd receiver type salary shave to stay....he seems like the type to do that...guess we will see but two playoffs in a row hey was very vital, and is the leader....lotsa questions for sure....gonna be an interesting off-season

 

Is Bailey not coming off his rookie contract?  That may be were Darvin money goes.  As for Jake I bet he's never earned more than $85,000 in all his time here, terrific bargain and seems to be getting better with age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Booch said:

could see Taylor on the outs due to his age, tho you would never know he was a 33 soon to be 34 yr old DB, as for the 2 rookies...they are signed into 22' on rookie deals, so they are a non-issue

As for the young Olineman...they won't get double elsewhere...Couture will already be on his 3rd contract, so his bump won't be super drastic...Gray I believe is signed through 22'...and He isn't making a low end standard rookie deal...so again his bump won't be drastic. 

Harris....I doubt he walks away, and I could see him take a shave, and even be used in more of a rotation. And if thats the case would make a shave more acceptable.

Willie has even said....offer him something fair, and he's good to go, and seeing as they wanna put down roots here, I don't see him going anywhere, and his boy Jackson I am sure will be resigned....the one I worry about is Kongbo...hopefully the culture/lockeroom bond etc is enough to keep him here for a bit less..if not, I see him back home to B.C.....Jake may ride out into the sunset now...2 time champ...would allow some spare $$ for Kongbo

Curious about Darvin...The fire is still there....still only 32 next yr...will he take a 3rd receiver type salary shave to stay....he seems like the type to do that...guess we will see but two playoffs in a row hey was very vital, and is the leader....lotsa questions for sure....gonna be an interesting off-season

 

Let’s not forget that Lucky Whitehead sure seems like he would be interested in returning. Fire or not Adams could be the odd man out. 

And Davis Sanchez said that he saw Brandon Banks after the game and Banks told him he was retiring. Acknowledged that Banks was emotional, so did nothing want to write it in stone, but Hamilton will be different next year. Tough for them, 4 Cup appearances in 8 years and nothing to show for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I would be very surprised if we brought back all three Canadian running backs. I think a team like the Riders maybe get rid of Powell and take a run at someone like Augustine and have Lafrance  as their backup. 

We have Borsa in the batters box ready to go. So we will still have depth there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Let’s not forget that Lucky Whitehead sure seems like he would be interested in returning. Fire or not Adams could be the odd man out. 

And Davis Sanchez said that he saw Brandon Banks after the game and Banks told him he was retiring. Acknowledged that Banks was emotional, so did nothing want to write it in stone, but Hamilton will be different next year. Tough for them, 4 Cup appearances in 8 years and nothing to show for it. 

Banks did little to warrant Hammy wanting him back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you want to play in the CFL you wanna play for the Bombers even for a few less dollars that you will make up winning another Cup. I do wonder if Rickie Hall is ready to call it a day, that would be a shame with the talent he gets to work with. Alford will definitely get a look down south but we have depth at the db position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

 

I’m not 100% convinced of this, and here is why. If Castillo stays, then no-brainer Mourtada is gone. But if Sergio does depart back to the NFL or elsewhere, then Mourtada may be the best option to at least come back to camp and try out against Liegghio or another pick-up. He was terrible early but did straighten out his angles in his later efforts and went 12/13 in FGs and converts in his last two games. Also has the strongest kickoff leg of the bunch. But with the early struggles the perception was set in stone that he was done from the fans, so I see why people think he will not be here - I just think Walters is not quite ready to cut bait until the Castillo situation is clear. Plus, if the club thought he was useless regardless of who else was here, they would have cut him already. I think Walters is hedging his bets on Castillo’s return and is keeping Mourtada around for training camp insurance for now. Not saying I agree with that approach, just how I think it could play out. 

This is a long response for a joke post…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I would be very surprised if we brought back all three Canadian running backs. I think a team like the Riders maybe get rid of Powell and take a run at someone like Augustine and have Lafrance  as their backup. 

Come on now. According to Rider fans we have no players they want. All of their starters are far superior than ours and their depth is so deep they simply don’t need any of our “scrub”. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s remember play off and Grey Cup appearance pay $$$. GC is $15k to lose and $23 for the winners and that is expected to go up in the next CBA. Add in the value of the ring and everything else the club does it will take a serious amount of cash to lure someone we want to sign away from us. 
 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Harris and Adams retire, don’t get that feeling from anyone else. Zachary will be back I’m certain. Why retire when you get to play so clean?

 

edit:spelling. 

Edited by GCJenks
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Tough for them, 4 Cup appearances in 8 years and nothing to show for it. 

Look at us in 1992, 93, 2001, 2007. we lost those GC's sandwiched between 1990 & 2019. Kevin Glenn broke his arrm in 07 in the Eastern Final & we subsequently lost to an inferior Riders team that year. Wah, wah, wah. No one felt sorry for us. Rider fans just laighed at us. We had to wait 29 years. It's only been 22 years for Hamilton. Suck it up, buttercups. 

 

Edited by SpeedFlex27
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Noeller changed the title to 2022 Off Season - Back 2 Back Champs Edition

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...