Burke

Adrenaline_x

He's responsible for getting the best out of his personal and putting them in a position to win which he didn't do last night with taking the knee.

So near the top of the league in sacks from the dline and a MLB near the top of the league in tackles isn't.........these guys must have no ceiling to their awesomeness. :lol:

He's responsible for getting the best out of his personal and putting them in a position to win which he didn't do last night with taking the knee.

So near the top of the league in sacks from the dline and a MLB near the top of the league in tackles isn't.........these guys must have no ceiling to their awesomeness. :lol:

So here you argue for the MLB being near the top of the league in tackles and on the other thread you say he's a sieve.

Which is it?

So here you argue for the MLB being near the top of the league in tackles and on the other thread you say he's a sieve.

Which is it?

Quit trying to derail the thread :P

Please elaborate then Mike, it's on topic.

Burke's attitude is the type of attitude that instills a losing culture in a locker room.

He shows no faith in any of his players, he's a horrible motivator and he is no good at maximizing the talent (no matter its shortcomings) he has at his disposal. I mean really, who can possibly have respect for a head coach who throws his entire roster under the bus by saying "I'm doing the best with what I've got?" How can I respect a guy who doesn't even have the stones to go for a win on his HOME FIELD with 30 seconds and a timeout remaining? Burke may not think much of the roster he has to work with and that's his perogative, but a good coach or even a sensible one would find a way to get the most they could out of that talent by motivating them and sticking by his guys even if they didn't necessarily deserve it. Burke, OTOH, seems content to mail it in and not even try.

We were tied with the ball in our possession last night, our team is 2-9 and while I'm not expecting it to spark some kind of miraculous season turnaround, Burke had a golden opportunity to show his offensive guys that he has trust in them. No one would have blamed him for trying and failing, it's not the end of the world. But instead of taking his guys aside and telling them that he felt they could give it a shot, he basically mailed it in, showed them he doesn't trust them enough to do a damn thing and said "**** it."

How do you think our players feel? Tim Burke literally could not trust them for 30 seconds because apparently he thought the most likely result was a turnover. What the hell is that? If that's the attitude he's going to coach with, we may as well forfeit.

It's absolutely embarrassing.

FWIW, I heard a few stories from the Legacy Dinner the other night. Couple conversations with some of our stronger defensive players and apparently it was a good chance to get their honest thoughts instead of the "proper" media replies. I bet you can guess what they think of Tim Burke and his coaching staff. I'll give you a hint. It's the same thing I think of them.

FWIW, I heard a few stories from the Legacy Dinner the other night. Couple conversations with some of our stronger defensive players and apparently it was a good chance to get their honest thoughts instead of the "proper" media replies. I bet you can guess what they think of Tim Burke and his coaching staff. I'll give you a hint. It's the same thing I think of them.

Now you got to the meat of it, I've also heard similar comments from players but not just about Burke over the past few years, glad that people are finally waking up to the truth, appreciate the reply, thanks.

After watching the game again, aside from Cauchy and Bo Smith, talent is not the problem - at least on the defensive side.  Depth, yes, that is a major problem - but it was Burke's choice (with Mack) to ditch Logan and Hef...  Kashama too.

On the offence, well Max Hall is not the answer and Goltz has now officially been destroyed...  Jyles 2.0 - Talent level is a problem on the offensive side.

Burke seems to have retreated to DC... but its too late.  These guys have lost the players - whatever spark the D had this game is likely gone now - especially with that ridiculous insinuation that we lost because of a 'young team' mistake.

I defended Burke earlier but I was wrong.  He was outcoached by Kavis and that says a lot.  Get him out of here asap...  

I can't really tell if Bellefuile got outcoached because the offence barely had the ball in the second half, we had a couple decent drives that were snuffed out by an interception and a D'Angelis shank.

Creehan made some nice adjustments but then kept blitzing in the 4th after it was apparent that Reilly had figured him out.

Dickenson - well, for the first time in quite some time, we didn't fall for a fake punt... so that's something!

He should have not kneed the final 20+ seconds in the 4th. - we all felt they should have moved to FG territory.

What we don't get to see is how he is in the locker room. Many players especially the defence love playing for him . So maybe he has a 'poker' face in the sidelines....

As real fans who go to every game and stay to the last 0:00 we do have the right to be frustrated. Like a child as a parent you love them no matter what but it's your duty to praise when needed leave alone when needed and kick them in the pants when needed.

Now you got to the meat of it, I've also heard similar comments from players but not just about Burke over the past few years, glad that people are finally waking up to the truth, appreciate the reply, thanks.

Can you blame the guys though?    I think the fans also have known this for  the last two years....

Not only is Burke the worst Bomber coach ever but I now believe him to be the worst head coach I have ever seen in any league.

God I wish we could get Mike Kelly back. At least he was entertaining to listen to.

After Friday, I've changed my mind about keeping Burke. I think he is doing more long-term damage being HC for the rest of the year. Give MB a big chunk of money to finish the year out as HC (nothing more than the year) and tell Burke to hit the beach, golf course or whatever.

To take a knee with 26 seconds left is the absolute stupidest thing I have seen in all my years of watching football.

Drives me nuts that Burke gets such a free pass from guys like Kirk Penton.

Penton is a quality writer, but his absolute hate on for Joe Mack drives me nuts.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/09/23/all-hope-is-not-lost-with-bombers

Instead of piling dirt on the old Blue and Gold, however, it's time to look at everything that is right with them.

Seriously?

This is still Joe Mack's mess. Don't transfer the blame to Burke, whose troops are still playing for him.

Give me a break. Such a double standard lol

I dont like the "I spoke to some players, no names, off the record and they agree with me".  Not saying I doubt you, just saying its a slippery slope.  All other accounts are the players love playing for him.  He didnt seem to have any problem motivating when he was DC.  Every week that we know he takes a stronger hand in the D, they perform markedly better.

I dont know...I think he came into a bad situation that didnt allow for any sort of rookie head coach stumble.  I think Burke's shortcoming are certainly magnified.  My point would be, had he come into a better situation, he likely would have grown as a head coach more significantly.

I dont blame Burke for everything. Im obviously a fan.  But the "buck" has to stop with leadership and we've turfed the CEO and GM...not to mention the OC.  Burke is the only leader left to hold accountable.

But not now.  Off-season.

I dont like the "I spoke to some players, no names, off the record and they agree with me".  Not saying I doubt you, just saying its a slippery slope.  All other accounts are the players love playing for him.  He didnt seem to have any problem motivating when he was DC.  Every week that we know he takes a stronger hand in the D, they perform markedly better.

I dont know...I think he came into a bad situation that didnt allow for any sort of rookie head coach stumble.  I think Burke's shortcoming are certainly magnified.  My point would be, had he come into a better situation, he likely would have grown as a head coach more significantly.

I dont blame Burke for everything. Im obviously a fan.  But the "buck" has to stop with leadership and we've turfed the CEO and GM...not to mention the OC.  Burke is the only leader left to hold accountable.

But not now.  Off-season.

Leader??? are you ever using the term loosely! Leaders don't throw their employees under the bus in public!

God I wish we could get Mike Kelly back. 

Not a chance. Season ticket sales would go south like geese in Autumn.

Kelly is available for both the HC and GM positions but he doesn't stand a chance of even being interviewed. And, IMO, rightly so.

See, it doesn't sound the same if you cut out the rest of my statement. Burke can't even be entertaining, at least Kelly had that.

God I wish we could get Mike Kelly back. 

Not a chance. Season ticket sales would go south like geese in Autumn.

Kelly is available for both the HC and GM positions but he doesn't stand a chance of even being interviewed. And, IMO, rightly so.

633738699671977910-sarcasm.jpg

Drives me nuts that Burke gets such a free pass from guys like Kirk Penton.

Penton is a quality writer, but his absolute hate on for Joe Mack drives me nuts.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/09/23/all-hope-is-not-lost-with-bombers

Well, Penton's article is slightly better than Wiecek's everything is terrible review or Lawless' #1 pick piece.  But, you do have a point...

I just can't believe we keep repeating the 'Goltz was cold' excuse for the knee...  If you know your QB cannot throw, why is he playing in overtime?  If he was 'cold' with :26 left, how much difference is watching an EDM scoring drive going to make.

Yes, people would be ragging on Burke if he went for it and Goltz threw an INT... but we should be ragging on him for putting Goltz back in anyway.

This is still Joe Mack's mess. Don't transfer the blame to Burke, whose troops are still playing for him.

Burke was the biggest mistake Mack made so even if Penton wants to slam Mack start with the #1 issues, terrible at picking head coaches. 

The absolute bottom line is that you can not win if you don't try and win, and taking a knee rather than trying to win is something I never want to see from a coach. If you have no faith in your offense with 26 seconds in regulation why on earth do you have faith in them in OT? It sends a terrible message and the results are what we saw. There's no loser point in OT, might as well have tried to win in regulation. 

Burke was the biggest mistake Mack made so even if Penton wants to slam Mack start with the #1 issues, terrible at picking head coaches. 

Mack was a total **** up.

I cant say putting Goltz in was a mistake if Hall was injured.  Who else was going to go in, Boltus?  At least Goltz has played.  In that situation, Goltz was the right call.  The knee, however, not so much.  Then again, if we win, people are calling Burke a mad genius.

If Boltus was listed as number 2 then yes, he goes in. He's been here long enough so give him the chance. Truly, had something bad happened & we lost in the final 23 seconds I'd have been okay with it as at least we tried. But going back to Goltz The Doltz then taking a knee being afraid to throw with him in there with 23 seconds left in the second half??? Unbelievable. No excuses anymore. Stupid decision. Goltz can't play & yet here we are using him in a situation where we have no chance of winning with him in there. If they are afraid to use their qbs then cut them all & bring others in. Burke coached not to lose. He coached passive. He coached scared. You don't win coaching a game like that & sure enough he lost.