Burke

Adrenaline_x

When id this become the hypocrisy forum? 

Everyone got what they wanted, Buck is gone and now you get to suffer with the rookies. Laying the blame at Burke's feet is just a way to ease their conscience now.

Yup, after 4 years Buck is finally gone and we get to suffer with the rookies.......which of course is a major reason Mack is unemployed, right now.  Actually, Burke is being blamed, for a number of things....beyond that.

Everyone got what they wanted, Buck is gone and now you get to suffer with the rookies. Laying the blame at Burke's feet is just a way to ease their conscience now.

Yup, after 4 years Buck is finally gone and we get to suffer with the rookies.......which of course is a major reason Mack is unemployed, right now.  Actually, Burke is being blamed, for a number of things....beyond that.

Hey, he's either responsible for the personnel on the field or he isn't, so which is it?

Hey, he's either responsible for the personnel on the field or he isn't, so which is it?

Generally, the HC has a major input, in personnel decisions......unless we buy the theory that Burke was/is just a helpless puppet/victim of Mack. 

Burke IS responsible.... for maximizing the talents of the existing personnel on the field, overseeing the activities of the assistant coaches, making needed in-game adjustments, making the correct in-game decisions and providing a motivational/leadership example for both the staff and the players.....

How would people grade him, on those?

Yes, Buck is gone.

What have we learned that we wouldn't have if he was still here?

That Goltz won't be staying on.

That Hall can move the ball well, but isn't the long term answer.

Laying the blame on Burke is for the blame that needs to be laid on Burke...nothing more.

The media in this town treat Burke with such kid gloves, guess it's because they love how candid he is and how they can always get good tidbits out of him. I would like to see them treat Burke with half the critical eye they put on Mack, it would be a slaughter for the poor guy cause he's made so many blunders in his short time as head coach. 

Flip side is why are their fans who hate Burke so much calling out his coaching ability yet treat Joe Mack with kid gloves? Saying that if we were more patient he'd have built a winner. There's absolutely no proof that would have ever happened. Why can't these fans be as critical of Mack as they are of Burke? This team doesn't have the talent & that was the responsibility of Joe Mack. 

we've been over this, I'm not being too easy on Mack, I'm just sticking up against a lot of the unfair criticisms that have been leveled at the guy. As for why I'm hating on Burke, well that much is obvious. 6-16 I think is his record as Bomber coach and most of those 16 losses were games that the team never ever had a chance to win. This is the worst Blue Bomber team I've ever had the misfortune of watching and that says a lot. Burke has been a turd of a head coach since his first game on the job (a rather memorable 52-0 loss)

I'm not going to go round & round with you on this because as you say, we've done that but... that turd of a coach you refer to was hired by Joe Mack. Everything with this team & what's happened to it has Joe Mack's fingerprints all over it. He is the architect of this disaster of a team we support. BTW, I do agree that the sooner Burke is gone the better.

Yes, Buck is gone.

What have we learned that we wouldn't have if he was still here?

That Goltz won't be staying on.

That Hall can move the ball well, but isn't the long term answer.

Laying the blame on Burke is for the blame that needs to be laid on Burke...nothing more.

Will Goltz be staying on? That's the question. WTH was he doing back in there??? If he was number 3 then Boltus should have gone in. Seeing Goltz in at qb really angered me because I don't want to ever see him at the helm of our offense again. There was no chance with Goltz in last night.

Finding out what you have is for training camp and garbage time, the idea is to win and win now. Blaming the HC for this situation is nonsense.

They are not mutually exclusive.

Trace what Burke does and at the end of your drawing you will have a conclusion that Burke shares the blame...heavily.

Just go back to what I asked, is he or isn't he responsible for the personnel who are starting?

We have seen more personnel turnover in the last month under our Interim GM than Mack made in his 3 years.

So I ask again, who is responsible the personnel on the field and why aren't they making plays when the opportunity hits them right in the hands.

Last time I checked, wins and losses are all that counts. He had his team in a position to win until the players fumbled, bumbled and tipped their way to a loss. You can't blame a coach for players who can't do the job when the opportunity is there for them to make a play.

You can blame the coach for letting his players get complacent after starting off with a huge lead, and they clearly were complacement after taking off with the huge lead, especially on offense.

Finding out what you have is for training camp and garbage time, the idea is to win and win now. Blaming the HC for this situation is nonsense.

Trace what Burke does and at the end of your drawing you will have a conclusion that Burke shares the blame...heavily.

Just go back to what I asked, is he or isn't he responsible for the personnel who are starting?

We have seen more personnel turnover in the last month under our Interim GM than Mack made in his 3 years.

So I ask again, who is responsible the personnel on the field and why aren't they making plays when the opportunity hits them right in the hands.

You want to talk personnel, then lay the page out.

This thread is on Burke and if you have decided he shares no blame..then say so.

Every year there has been a time when you would come to the realiazation: "It's done again". And every year we would do very few changes and try again. Well this year is done. As well as our team played last night which was one of our better showing we are not good enough. I really hope the organization uses the remainder of the year to put better players on the field and when tempering is no longer an issue we get some qualified and proven management. Yeah! it could cost us a bundle but then that is what it has cost the other teams who got these guys.

Our M.O. of the last five years has shown you can't win when using unqualified rookies to run the team. The professor was just that bacause no one thought he was good enough to run a teram. The unemployed scout the same and the same for the OC and the DC who became HC.

I really hope Walters brings in NFL cuts to upgrade some spots and that the BOD bring in qualified  management.

On the other hand if they don't take a knee and Goltz throws and interception everyone is talking about what an idiot Burke is for not taking a knee.

But at least we could say we tried. In throwing that ball you have a percentage whatever that is with Goltz, taking a knee you have zero.  I would even venture to say going for it gave us a better chance than hoping we could beat them in overtime. We had scored 7 points in three quarters.

I know, it's easy to be a Saturday morning coach.

What gets me is they still had a timeout as well.

If Burke just planned intelligently, they start at their 35 with 24 seconds left. Then they'd need what, 30 yards in 24 seconds to have a shot at a single? 40 yards to give it a shot at a field goal? With a timeout remaining, you have at least one play call where the whole field is at your disposal.

You can't be assuming as a head coach that your QB is going to throw an interception or fumble the ball. If that's the best assumption you can make about him, don't even put him out there in the first place. Use those 24 seconds to stretch the field, it's enough to get 3 plays off especially with that timeout in your back pocket. At least TRY. No one is going to be mad at you if you try and fail, we're already all aware that our team blows. But not even trying just makes you an absolute coward.

i was watching the game from a BWW in the 'burbs last night. i was very deep into my pints (as were the crew i was with) but we were stunned when they took a knee. the game's audio wasn't on so we were actually postulating that TSN's game clock might not have been properly sync'd with the actual one... because there was no bleeping way that a coach doesn't try to get 30 yards and atempt to boot a single... especially at home!

Burke will be gone right soon. i doubt Miller would blink if Walters asked to chop him. unless there's a monetary reason to keep him (guaranteed money to yet another fired coach/GM).

This thread is on Burke and if you have decided he shares no blame..then say so.

All I will say then is, put any other coach in the league in Burke's shoes and how do you think he would fair. If you answer that question honestly then you will see that the HC position is meaningless for this current mess.

All I will say then is, put any other coach in the league in Burke's shoes and how do you think he would fair. If you answer that question honestly then you will see that the HC position is meaningless for this current mess.

I disagree.

No. But much like disagree with a lawless article doesn't mean he's a fat bald ugly stuttering hack with no writing ability, calling Burke a **** idiot coward is emotional. Does anyone truly believe Burke the man is a coward? Or that he knows nothing about football.

I guess I much prefer the intelligent football discussion that this board was created to promote not the name calling.

Having said that, if he bombers had won in overtime I do believe people would still be upset with the knee. But Burke isn't paid to "go for it". He's paid to win and he felt the knee have them the best chance. I don't agree

i truly believe if we cant call each other idiots or morons (where we can defend ourselves) we shouldnt be able to do so to players or coaches as.well.. pretty shitty double standard and.frankly, i think coaches and players deserve more respect then that..