CHAMPS at Elks GDT

Nolby

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I thought after our Grey cup run people would give this team the benefit of the doubt. It’s unbelievable.

And people can try and say "well this is what Hamilton was doing when they went 15-3 and how's that turn out??" We won the cup,we know how to handle the pressure,went went 3 straight road games to win it and we've gotten even better than 2019. Let them eat their crow **** pie and then they can finally start showing respect.

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Anyone who thinks we played well last week needs to rewatch that game. Edm was atrocious. Bombers were really bad last week and I fully expected them to come out and make a statement this week but...... Not so much. 

I like how you say Edmonton was atrocious... could it be possible that our defense was so lights out that Edmonton was just completely run over by a superior team?    

We ran for almost 200 yards... you are saying that was pure luck?

The fact that we dropped 2 easy pick 6 TD's and Moutarda left 10 points on the board because he couldn't kick,    Collaros makes one bad throw in the end zone....    that's 31 points that we left off the board.   We still won 30- 3!@!@!@

I'm absolutely blown away that you would suggest we played poorly last week?  This is Nasty Nate level of crazyness/trolling.    

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I like how you say Edmonton was atrocious... could it be possible that our defense was so lights out that Edmonton was just completely run over by a superior team?    

The fact that we dropped 2 easy pick 6 TD's and Moutarda left 10 points on the board because he couldn't kick,    Collaros makes one bad throw in the end zone....    that's 31 points that we left off the board.   We still won 30- 3!@!@!@

I'm absolutely blown away that you would suggest we played poorly last week?  This is Nasty Nate level of crazyness/trolling.    

C'mon, man. No need to get insulting... Comparing anyone to Nate is just so wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Those things aren't poor plays? 

Truth is the Bombers offense has been kinda poor in the pass game vs. Edmonton these last 2 weeks. Sloppy. So yeah, they won, and won big last week, but shoulda been bigger both weeks but for some sloppy and poor play. 

Maybe Edmonton's secondary is just a poor matchup but the O definitely had some room to improve. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Truth is the Bombers offense has been kinda poor in the pass game vs. Edmonton these last 2 weeks. Sloppy. So yeah, they won, and won big last week, but shoulda been bigger both weeks but for some sloppy and poor play. 

Maybe Edmonton's secondary is just a poor matchup but the O definitely had some room to improve. 

The Alford pick 6 near the beginning the team had massive pressure on Harris and he lobbed a ball in a panic,  Alford cut back and made a great play and only dropped the ball (probably from looking at the end zone).    So what you are saying is on that play our defense was crap because Alford dropped the ball?   Completely negating the fact that our d-line had massive penetration and the secondary went to the right place in the field?

Bombers offense has been kinda poor in the pass game....  this is coming from someone who white knighted heavy for Matt Nichols for years....  Collaros was sacked 0 times,  had 200+ yards passing and only one interception.    Nichols had how many games where he was sacked 3 - 5 times and less then 200 yards passing in a game.   Forget not the Bombers had nearly 200 yards rushing last week????

I know Noeller is your friend but yikes.....       Also didn't Collaros toss for over 400 yards the week prior to that?      

So to get this straight....  Bombers win 30 - 3 with 400+ yards of offense... while holding the opposition to 200 yards of total offense.... while having 14 more minutes of time of possession....   this equals poor showing in Noeller and 17to85's books?

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

True, but then they shifted their offensive focus to the clock-killing run game, with solid results. And there is a world of difference between sloppy and shitty. I’m all for not getting complacent and glossing over mistakes, but 1) Mike O’Shea does not strike me as a coach who wi do that, and 2) to call the team really bad and declare it a fact beyond debate is a stretch that would make Gumby proud. Thinking that every game should turn out like these guys would predict and anything less is failure is not reality. 

143632961.jpg.jpg

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

The Alford pick 6 near the beginning the team had massive pressure on Harris and he lobbed a ball in a panic,  Alford cut back and made a great play and only dropped the ball (probably from looking at the end zone).    So what you are saying is on that play our defense was crap because Alford dropped the ball?   Completely negating the fact that our d-line had massive penetration and the secondary went to the right place in the field?

Bombers offense has been kinda poor in the pass game....  this is coming from someone who white knighted heavy for Matt Nichols for years....  Collaros was sacked 0 times,  had 200+ yards passing and only one interception.    Nichols had how many games where he was sacked 3 - 5 times and less then 200 yards passing in a game.   Forget not the Bombers had nearly 200 yards rushing last week????

I know Noeller is your friend but yikes.....       Also didn't Collaros toss for over 400 yards the week prior to that?      

So to get this straight....  Bombers win 30 - 3 with 400+ yards of offense... while holding the opposition to 200 yards of total offense.... while having 14 more minutes of time of possession....   this equals poor showing in Noeller and 17to85's books?

so you think the bombers offense was just fine and dandy the last 2 weeks? That's a testament to this team that the offense can misfire like that and still win handily. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

so you think the bombers offense was just fine and dandy the last 2 weeks? That's a testament to this team that the offense can misfire like that and still win handily. 

200 yards running,  200 yards passing.... they put up 30 points (would of been 40 if not for Mourtada sucking)....  and you think this is bad?  

Today they put up 26 points (29 if not for Mourtada) and have 150+ yards running and 200 yards passing with 2 passing TD's and this is bad?

I like how the standards for Collaros having an average game needs to be him throwing for 300+ yards while Harris/Brady runs for 200 yards in order for you to say the team looked decent.

Yet in 2018-2019 you were more then satisfied with Matt Nichols throwing for 150 yards with maybe one or two passes over 20 yards in length and as long as the team won regardless of how they got the win ... that offense was amazing because Matt Nichols had 150 yards and may have pushed the ball deep once or twice at most.

Show me an offense in which every single game they have Tecmo Super Bowl like numbers in which they score 6 TD's and throw zero ints and don't have some mistakes with all the good plays?   

Finding a way to win when you are not playing your best is as important as winning while you play your best.

Games like this give you experience on how to stay in the fight. They made plays when they had to.

The offence was struggling for parts of the last two games, but still put up close to 200 yards rushing a game. So, more accurately we can say the passing game has struggled at times but did make plays at important points. 

The defence definitely did not struggle last week, it was complete domination. This week they "only" played good. The biggest issue was tackling. At the end of the day they gave up 258 yards of total offence and 1 TD.  

ST came through this week, as a unit. It is clear kicking is still a problem in all aspects. 

MOS and the team will enjoy having stuff to fix all week. 

I expect them to be fired up and have a good chance to clinch 1st next week.

Edited by Geebrr

Bomber offence sputtered  some in this game but our D is so good that it allowed the O to work out the kinks and get enough points for the win.  No doubt our D is the main building block of our record but the O has shone plenty of times during the 7 game win win streak too.

If Rider fans are calling our O mediocre, then what the hell is their’s?

Edited by wpgallday1960

Some teams just give others issues...for whatever reason Edm seems to not match up well for us and causes some issues for us offensively...it happens

That being said we still beat them...and pretty much handily and could have even worse ..that's the sign of a good team.

U never in football expect to beat a team 3 times and we did..moving on now...who's next up.. that's how this team thinks

These last 5 posts, especially Geebrr’s, are a fair assessment of the team right now. Edmonton’s d-line was tough for the club to handle the last couple of weeks as it relates to the pass protection, and Collaros (not the entire offence) struggled a little more with some under throwing and pressures these last 2 weeks. Only 9 sacks given up going into last night, and 4 in the game, but we adjusted to the 2019 offence of run-heavy, ball security, clock killing, efficient, dare I say boring but winning LaPo style which utilized our o-line and running back strengths to pull away, as we often do. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever