2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

I don’t know about how Kenny handled it but I’m happy the team isn’t tolerating this **** 

Agreed. Not only was it dangerous and irresponsible but as an athlete you never know when it’s going to be your last moment on the field. Decisions like this jeopardize your career. Not impressed. 

Just now, Arnold_Palmer said:

Agreed. Not only was it dangerous and irresponsible but as an athlete you never know when it’s going to be your last moment on the field. Decisions like this jeopardize your career. Not 

He has worked his ass off and it had him leading the league in yards. 

Let himself down, let his team down, lets the organization and fans down.

Where his life goes from here will depend what he does next. If he has NFL plans this is a serious strike.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

He has worked his ass off and it had him leading the league in yards. 

Let himself down, let his team down, lets the organization and fans down.

Where his life goes from here will depend what he does next. If he has NFL plans this is a serious strike.

Agreed. Mistakes happen but when so much is on the line you can not make these kind of decisions. 

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

A door has closed for one person and another has opened for someone else. A mistake is not a mistake if you learn from it- then it becomes a lesson.

That is the cruel world of pro sports.

Nothing is guaranteed. You just opened the door for someone to seize the day.

Now that I’ve had time to absorb the information.. let’s remember that we’re all human and we make mistakes. Demonizing someone does us no good. Let’s hope he learns his lesson and comes back a better man. He needs support and we should give it to him. Selfishly I was angry because of the effect on the team and Ofcourse his wreck less decision but staying angry does no good and he needs support. 

Yup..I'm sure he knows he effed up and took responsibility...learn from this and sit your game and come back better.

And we don't know if he broke covid protocol..he could have had a few drinks at a restaurant and not been at a night club...and he could have been only slighty over limit too...which still isn't right but this doesn't mean he was slobbering and stumbling around...I would hope the extent of the blood level will be released and show this.

Not the first time an athlete done this..sadly won't be the last but the dude hasn't had a history of trouble so anything more than a game suspension is adequate...

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

Could very easily have been at a teammates house, had one or two beers and drove home. Barely over, but still over. We don't know for sure what happened. 

Thing is we have to keep in mind I think 95 percent of us have been in a situation in which we could have technically blown over but athletes are held at a different standard for better and worse. 

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

Remains to be seen whether Lawler has an alcohol problem. But he definitely has a legal problem.

If convicted, he could be deemed inadmissible to Canada https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=152

Just need to get Brendan Taman to help out to allow Lawler to cross the border.  He was able to get Kyres Hebert into Canada.

4 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

He was suspended for one game by the Riders 

But initially the Rider organization was going to let him play in the next game. Hughes also didn't tell the Riders about his arrest right away and played against the Bombers 2 days after the incident.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/riders-hughes-not-playing-calgary-saturday-1.4870359