2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

Sounds like Kenny was pretty emotional yesterday, which would indicate he understands the consequences of what the outcome is and could have been.

He gets a chance to grow now, and I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he will.

If the team was getting possibly getting complacent (and I don't think they were) this is a good wake up call for how quickly things can change.

Just now, Tracker said:

The length of the suspension will depend on whether this was an isolated incident of poor judgement or a symptom of a larger, endemic problem.

It is expected to be one game. That is fair.

He got lucky nobody got hurt. As Mike said, one decision should/does not define him. If he does it again I promise you he will get cut.

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Caleb Evans over Kenny Lawler for top performer this week is hilarious.

Not really if you consider everything. Lawler beat up a secondary missing key guys. Evans is a true rookie who had what, 2 weeks of CFL practice maybe? And he put up pretty decent stats in his 1st ever start which also resulted in a W. I think a case could be made for both guys.

Yup...no previous history of trouble with law..obvious has no serious issue affecting his play to date...and it will be a one game "team" imposed suspension...chalk it up to a learning experience and we move on...and I am sure teammates will agree and stand by him...for all we know several could have left from somewhere...in same condition...and one got caught...so this prob good for the team to see what can happen.

Beyond the stupidity of his choice and the personal consequences he is facing (DUIs are certainly no joke and expensive) he let his team down.

He will have to explain why he is out drinking into early Monday morning when he has practice that day. 

This team is big on accountability, and that is not being accountable to your team.

They will bring him back in and show love, as we all should. But, MOS gets a great talking point heading into the rest of the year.

2 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Not really if you consider everything. Lawler beat up a secondary missing key guys. Evans is a true rookie who had what, 2 weeks of CFL practice maybe? And he put up pretty decent stats in his 1st ever start which also resulted in a W. I think a case could be made for both guys.

Pretty decent stats shouldn't be enough.

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

"Evans threw three touchdown passes for 191 yards and no interceptions, while completing 68.2 per cent of his passes. He also showed off his versatility, rushing for 59 yards on seven carries (8.4 yards per rush)."

Impressive for a first start, but come on!  I wonder if the pencils came out for Lawler after yesterday's news.

8 minutes ago, Booch said:

Yup...no previous history of trouble with law..obvious has no serious issue affecting his play to date...and it will be a one game "team" imposed suspension...chalk it up to a learning experience and we move on...and I am sure teammates will agree and stand by him...for all we know several could have left from somewhere...in same condition...and one got caught...so this prob good for the team to see what can happen.

This, this, this!

Considering the team is operating in a pseudo bubble, I think the chances of this are more than nil.

4 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

"Evans threw three touchdown passes for 191 yards and no interceptions, while completing 68.2 per cent of his passes. He also showed off his versatility, rushing for 59 yards on seven carries (8.4 yards per rush)."

Impressive for a first start, but come on!  I wonder if the pencils came out for Lawler after yesterday's news.

You have to take the circumstances into consideration I think. It's not like he was there for Camp and could learn the offence. First pro start, in a new league to him with new rules etc, barely any time to even get to know his team mates etc. That's impressive if you ask me. And it was pouring rain for a good portion of that game I believe.

Edited by Bigblue204

Hard to argue with Dunnigan and Forde tho. They are part of the voting process   

East needs the publicity lol. 

3 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

True, Day 1 is likely film review/gameplan. Still they are in the building and should be ready to go. 

It's possible he was just at a buddies house perhaps even a current or former bomber and they was just chilling like lots of ppl do. 

Honestly... I'm surprised they charged him cuz they normally let the sports stars do what they want here. 

If this is Blake Wheeler.. is it a story? I dunno If it is.. I feel he'd get off instantly 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

It's possible he was just at a buddies house perhaps even a current or former bomber and they was just chilling like lots of ppl do. 

Honestly... I'm surprised they charged him cuz they normally let the sports stars do what they want here. 

If this is Blake Wheeler.. is it a story? I dunno If it is.. I feel he'd get off instantly 

Not really sure how to respond to this.

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If it was Blake Wheeler it would be the top story country-wide.

1 minute ago, Geebrr said:

Not really sure how to respond to this.

It's a fact tho. Countless stories of football and hockey players getting tons of leeway here.. and everywhere for that matter. Teemu used to race his Ferrari or lambo on the perimeter. Several former Jets were known coke users and abusers. Never heard about it. I'm just saying.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I doubt we hear about it if it's Wheeler 

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

I dont agree, unless wheeler has some massive following im un aware of. 

7 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

You have to take the circumstances into consideration I think. It's not like he was there for Camp and could learn the offence. First pro start, in a new league to him with new rules etc, barely any time to even get to know his team mates etc. That's impressive if you ask me. And it was pouring rain for a good portion of that game I believe.

In no way shape or form was what he did more impressive than what lawler did. Weve seen other rookie qbs play better this year in game 1.

The dui doesnt change his performance. But it doesnt really matter. The cfl weekly and monthly award choices this year have been comically bad and mostly over looked the bombers any way. 

Just now, Goalie said:

It's a fact tho. Countless stories of football and hockey players getting tons of leeway here.. and everywhere for that matter. Teemu used to race his Ferrari or lambo on the perimeter. Several former Jets were known coke users and abusers. Never heard about it. I'm just saying.

I doubt we hear about it if it's Wheeler 

You say never hear about it, but then its referenced. If any thing in this modern pro sports era of the last 20 ish years you dont do jack all with out it becoming publicly known. Its not particularly soft treatment for athletes either. DUI, and minor possession raps happen 20 times a day in manitoba. They dont face some sort of horrible consequence legally unless some one is maimed. The professional back lash for coke, and street racing to athletes is far far greater than what any civi gets. Follow the MB RCMP page for a week and youll see a half dozen plus 200+ kph speeding tickets, 2 massive drug busts and countless domestic violence cases. Follow up those cases and youll see a TON of slaps on the wrist at worst.