2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

I looked up on other teams' practice rosters to see if there's a guy or two worth plucking away from them. I found an interesting kicker/punter on the Elks roster. I don't know anything about kicking but it seems like he has quite a resume. He can do all kicking chores too. 

If Mourtada won't work maybe Walters can pluck (or trade for) this guy. 

• 2X Don Hansen Football Committee National Special Teams Player of the Year (2018 & 2019)
• 2X Don Hansen Football Committee Super Region 3 Special Teams Player of the Year (2018 & 2019)
• 2X MIAA Special Teams Player of the Year (2018 & 2019)
• 2019 All-America First Team selection at kicker by D2CCA, AP, D2Football.com, Don Hansen Football Committee
• 2019 All-America Second Team selection at kicker by AFCA
• 2018 All-America First Team selection at kicker by Don Hansen Football Committee and D2CCA
• 2018 All-America Second Team selection at kicker by D2Football.com
• 2018 All-America Honorable Mention selection at punter by Don Hansen Football Committee
• 2017 All-America Honorable Mention selection at punter by Don Hansen Football Committee
• 2X All-MIAA First Team selection at kicker (2018 & 2019) and All-MIAA First Team selection at punter (2018)
• 2017 All-MIAA Third Team at punter
• 2X Finalist for Fred Mitchell Outstanding Placekicker Award
• FHSU career record holder for field goals made with 47
• FHSU single-season record holder for points (123 in 2018), field goals made (28 in 2018), and made PATs (52 in 2019)
• Led NCAA Division II in field goals made (28) and all NCAA levels in field goals made per game (2.33) in 2018
• Set MIAA record for field goals made in a season (28) in 2018
• 7X MIAA Special Teams Player of the Week (5 times in 2018, 2 times in 2019)
• Second in career punting average at FHSU with 42.4 yards per attempt.

https://fhsuathletics.com/sports/football/roster/dante-brown/5067

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

I looked up on other teams' practice rosters to see if there's a guy or two worth plucking away from them. I found an interesting kicker/punter on the Elks roster. I don't know anything about kicking but it seems like he has quite a resume. He can do all kicking chores too. 

If Mourtada won't work maybe Walters can pluck (or trade for) this guy. 

https://fhsuathletics.com/sports/football/roster/dante-brown/5067

Not old enough. I like my kickers inexperienced, untested, and on the wrong side of 30

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Twitter is saying Alberta is locking down October 4th. 

If true, we play there October 15th. Empty stadium? Or re-located?

Naw dude. 

Ober here we dont look at that science stuff that MSN feed us. 

We giver and hang "fake news signs" at the corner in Stony Plain bro. 

Litterally drove by 3 dudes holding up signs saying that today getting gas. 

We open fer bussness ober herre....

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I live in Calgary & the first I heard of this, Jason Kenney is Premier. His rural MLA's will riot. He's barely holding on now. Ain't happening. 

it's happening - I've seen the buzz online. They're going to inform schools Friday that Monday will be the start of at-home learning. It's a one-month lockdown, apparently.

As for the football games, they'll go ahead. There will be all sorts of exemptions to the lockdown, and I'm sure people with the vaxx card (or one of the many fakes going around) will be allowed to attend. There will likely be a reduced capacity limit so that proper spacing can be allowed. Outdoor venues, it won't be an issue. 

17 minutes ago, Noeller said:

it's happening - I've seen the buzz online. They're going to inform schools Friday that Monday will be the start of at-home learning. It's a one-month lockdown, apparently.

As for the football games, they'll go ahead. There will be all sorts of exemptions to the lockdown, and I'm sure people with the vaxx card (or one of the many fakes going around) will be allowed to attend. There will likely be a reduced capacity limit so that proper spacing can be allowed. Outdoor venues, it won't be an issue. 

The one time it pays to have a 55k seat stadium in the CFL I guess.

14 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Twitter is saying Alberta is locking down October 4th. 

If true, we play there October 15th. Empty stadium? Or re-located?

Update to this... Higher up's in cabinet are now saying no truth to the rumour of an impending lockdown. Shame. The province continues to burn.... 

Just now, Noeller said:

Update to this... Higher up's in cabinet are now saying no truth to the rumour of an impending lockdown. Shame. The province continues to burn.... 

It is all about their personal careers.

Placating the fuckwits. Saw a couple of twerps on Reddit today who will no doubt tell the tale of how they ate pizza unvaccinated at Polo Park to their grandchildren one day.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

That doesn't necessarily mean anything... this government does nothing but lie...

Honestly I could see them putting schools online and do a proper vaccine passport program but I don't think you can make a lockdown fly anymore. Vaccinated people are done caring about doing the right thing when the anti-vaxxers won't stop spreading covid around anyway. 

20 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

That doesn't necessarily mean anything... this government does nothing but lie...

Honestly I could see them putting schools online and do a proper vaccine passport program but I don't think you can make a lockdown fly anymore. Vaccinated people are done caring about doing the right thing when the anti-vaxxers won't stop spreading covid around anyway. 

My honest hope is that today's presser is to announce an actual vax card... 

So glad Manitoba was the leader in vaccine passports because we were able to navigate all the problems that come with setting up the system without the pressures of a fall surge and low vaccination rates.

That and reversing course on restrictions being lifted for all + the mask mandate is proving valuable.