2021 Blue Bombers Season

BBlink

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Just curious but does anyone know what's up with Cam Meredith?

Injured and re-habbing...still technically with the team, but not using up a PR/IR spot...I bet we see him sometime after the bye week getting back to practice

1 hour ago, M.O.A.B. said:

With Roosevelt and McKnight still waiting for their chance to get (back) to the lineup, I think Meredith will never had a chance to be added to the PR again. 

I'd wanna see Agudusi get a shot first, see what he has. Move him and Woli back and forth between the WR and slot position....that big dude would cause mismatches all over and surely would take the safety away from a lot of plays if we show we would target him deep down the rail

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Injured and re-habbing...still technically with the team, but not using up a PR/IR spot...I bet we see him sometime after the bye week getting back to practice

I'd wanna see Agudusi get a shot first, see what he has. Move him and Woli back and forth between the WR and slot position....that big dude would cause mismatches all over and surely would take the safety away from a lot of plays if we show we would target him deep down the rail

Yup forgot about him. 

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Things have been really quiet in reference to agudosi. He's such an exceptional miss match candidate. On top of being freakishly big and long, he's got tremendous jumping, and agility/quickness numbers. A decent 40 time for his size too. No one who reports on the bombers talks about how these guys do in camp or practice much any more. Maybe they view him as a long term project, he didnt see a lot of reps in college. But the best teacher is play time. 

Id love to see a 5'10 db cover him at 6'6 with a long reach 10' plus broad and 40" plus vert. His catch radius must be as big as a redwood tree. 

12 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Things have been really quiet in reference to agudosi. He's such an exceptional miss match candidate. On top of being freakishly big and long, he's got tremendous jumping, and agility/quickness numbers. A decent 40 time for his size too. No one who reports on the bombers talks about how these guys do in camp or practice much any more. Maybe they view him as a long term project, he didnt see a lot of reps in college. But the best teacher is play time. 

Id love to see a 5'10 db cover him at 6'6 with a long reach 10' plus broad and 40" plus vert. His catch radius must be as big as a redwood tree. 

In 1978, the Bombers went to Calgary to play the Stamps in the Western Semi Final. They had a receiver named Willie Armstead who was nearly 6'5. We had a DB named Gary Rosolowich who was 5'8. Local Winnipeg lad who went to St John's HS & starred with the Bisons playing receiver & DB. Armstead feasted on Rosolowich all game long. He wasn't able to cover him. It was so frustrating to watch Armstead leap high for a pass with Rosolowich barely as high as Armstead's waist when he jumped.. We lost 38-4. What a long day...

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Not to sound too pessimistic, but only 2 home games down the stretch is a bit concerning. Same time though 4 of 'em against opponents with only 2 wins....

Should be interesting, if nothing else.

I think this is one of the better schedules that there is this year. Very balanced compared to some of the others around the league.

15 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Not to sound too pessimistic, but only 2 home games down the stretch is a bit concerning. Same time though 4 of 'em against opponents with only 2 wins....

Should be interesting, if nothing else.

4 home games in the first half and 3 in the second, plus maybe 1 more. Pretty darn balanced. 

6 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I think this is one of the better schedules that there is this year. Very balanced compared to some of the others around the league.

The timing of our bye weeks, and the lack of a crazy short gap between games or multiple games is great. I hate all the home and home back to backs though. But I dont think game before or after bye, home and home, back to back etc will really bother this team. Especially as we get healthy. 

https://3downnation.com/2021/09/29/insider-talk-todd-howards-firing-ducks-contract-free-agent-bust/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=insider-talk-todd-howards-firing-ducks-contract-free-agent-bust

Each week these insider bites have a couple interesting pieces of info, this one even more so. 

You media guys make it seem like GMs have all the power, but coaches always want at least some say in the roster. Some want a lot of say. (Ottawa Redblacks’ head coach) Paul LaPolice is one of those guys.

This is pretty much what I expected. Lapo had a whole lot of control over the roster'd guys on our offense, and has been a HC and OC before. He isnt a big delegation guy. 

(Former Montreal Alouettes’ defensive line coach) Todd Howard was not fired because of a vaccination issue. I’m guessing somebody above him made him the fall guy to save their own job, which is usually the case when position coaches are fired midseason.

I Liked howard when here, I was a bit worried he might be a vax guy but this is kind of encouraging and sad. I hate position coaches getting canned for stuff out of their control. Howard is a good DL coach im sure he will bounce back. 

Remember a couple weeks ago when Ottawa moved (backup quarterback) Taryn Christion from the practice roster to the one-game (injured list)? That’s because another team tried to claim him off the practice roster.

This is really interesting. The guy is a really high end prospect, and super athletic. Its interesting that they had to move him and he didnt just reject it. Im guessing that they werent too confident he would stay with them. Funny enough though he had to agree to go on the IR. I wonder if he fully understood what was going on. And that the team that claimed him wouldve had to start him immediately. My bet is hamilton did it. Though I could see edm, and maybe TOR being the team too. 

(Newly-signed quarterback Devlin ‘Duck’) Hodges made a mistake signing a three-year deal (with Ottawa). If he becomes the starter there he would have had a ton of leverage by 2023 if he’d signed a one-and-one. Now he’ll have to wait until 2024 to get out of his rookie deal.

Crazy, I wonder if he gets an NFL window with deal? I feel like he's a guy who could bounce back to the NFL pretty quickly based on physical talent and experience. 

17 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

prolly something like this

lol-randy-marsh.gif

I weep for whoever shares the booth with him.

Now thats what I call a sticky situation. 

Just now, WinnipegGordo said:

The Bomber games have been spaced out well. No short weeks so far.

I think our whole schedule is pretty much a week between games. Which is great. Ott and EDM are gonna be sooo bad on their 3rd game in 6 days. I wouldnt be surprised to see some give up football.