2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I thought you said Darvin Lawler Demski and Woli were as good a foursome as there is out there. Why then being in Duke?

Because Darvin woli and demski aren't healthy and 4 isn't the same number as 5. When you have a chance to take out your weakest wr and add maybe the best wr in the league you do it. Even if your 4 is the 2000 wr core. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

??? Is this a serious question? Are you new to football?

Clearly doesn't get the cfl or football. 

40 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Why are people ragging on Bailey so hard after that last game? Was it the one drop on the short pass? Cause that was a shitty throw by collaros more than a receiver problem...

Its not a one game thing. Hes taken 3 horrible holding penalties that cost us. He has had bad drops in each game. The difference in week 3 is a few guys had the dropsies. But yes not all the incompletions where on the wrs. Collaros threw a fist full of balls low and behind targets. Darvin had a much worse game, but bailey was dropping short passes. And going back to last year has been the weakest of our current wrs. Bailey was 4/8 with 2-3 bad drops. 

I don't recall him having any bad drops in that game. He had some incompletions on balls that would be difficult to catch at the best of times... honestly he was probably the best receiver in that game. Adams and Lawler gassed way easier passes and collaros didn't do anything to help at all. Worst game I have seen from collaros in for ever.

Just now, 17to85 said:

I don't recall him having any bad drops in that game. He had some incompletions on balls that would be difficult to catch at the best of times... honestly he was probably the best receiver in that game. Adams and Lawler gassed way easier passes and collaros didn't do anything to help at all. Worst game I have seen from collaros in for ever.

He did. Lawler and woli both had much better games. Lawler had 2 drop but still was hands down better. Lawler was catching balls down field. Bailey was all short tosses. Mcknight was better though not spectacular by any means. 

20 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Duke Williams or Lirim Hajrullahu if you could only choose one?

Duke. Assuming he hasn't regressed in the NFL, or is hurt, he'd be our best WR by a long shot. He was an elite CFL WR. Something the Bombers haven't had since ... ? 

But, if our kicking doesn't improve soon, it's going to cost us a win or two. So, can we say both?

31 minutes ago, M.Silverback said:

Duke. Assuming he hasn't regressed in the NFL, or is hurt, he'd be our best WR by a long shot. He was an elite CFL WR. Something the Bombers haven't had since ... ? 

But, if our kicking doesn't improve soon, it's going to cost us a win or two. So, can we say both?

He was a fan favorite after a strong early showing in buffalo. He got hurt and missed a chunk of time, and his release may involve some injury as well. 

Hes not just elite, imo duke at 100% is a top 2 wr in the league. And hes a big elite wr. Every team in the league should be in on a guy like duke. Its not about who you have, no team has a wr core soo good that he doesnt drastically make it better. 

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

I agree Lawler and Collaros weren't very good vs Argos in Toronto. Play-calling seemed very vanilla too. Bombers failed to adjust to what Toronto's defence was showing. For me, the jury is still out on Buck as OC. But the offence generally looked very slow and disjointed. I'd like to see Augustine in for Oliveira next game or even a 2-back set.

12 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Jamel lyles cut by bc. Hes one id love for us to take a flyer on especially if harris is gonna be another week +. Hed bring much more of a change of pace. Very athletic with a great frame could be a guy who goes to wr or gets multiple uses like demski. 

And he has history here, being a former Bison.

59 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

And he has history here, being a former Bison.

Yep, and with harris a bit. You dont often get the chance mid season to add an NI with his size and athleticism. Little on a local product. He hasnt seen a lot of teams play but even to sit him on the PR and mold him into a wr or hybrid, or a teams guy would be a win. 

PLAYER DISCIPLINE – WEEK 3
Five players fined from Week 3

Wednesday, August 25, 2021 — TORONTO (August 25, 2021) -- The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced today:
Edmonton Elks wide receiver Greg Ellingson was fined for an illegal low block on BC Lions defensive back Boseko Lokombo.

Edmonton Elks linebacker Brandon Pittman was fined for a tourist hit on BC Lions punter Stefan Flintoft.

Montreal Alouettes defensive back Greg Reid was fined for making contact with an official.

Montreal Alouettes offensive lineman Tony Washington was fined for a chop-block on Calgary Stampeders defensive lineman Jarrell Owens.

Saskatchewan Roughriders defensive lineman Makana Henry was fined for spearing Ottawa REDBLACKS running back Timothy Flanders.

As per league policy, the amounts of the player fines were not disclosed.

Turned out that the penalty call to Alexander is a joke. If the CFL command center thought it was a dangerous hit, one would think that he should be fined and his name should be listed here. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

I get that Duke made a lot of catches when he was up here, but I felt like most of them should have been penalized.  Every time he went up for a 50/50 ball, he pushed off the defender to get space and make the catch.

I'm not a pro scout or anything, so I don't know much, but that's what I remember about Duke's time in the CFL.

25 minutes ago, Sard said:

I get that Duke made a lot of catches when he was up here, but I felt like most of them should have been penalized.  Every time he went up for a 50/50 ball, he pushed off the defender to get space and make the catch.

I'm not a pro scout or anything, so I don't know much, but that's what I remember about Duke's time in the CFL.

Wrs going up for the ball almost never get called for offensive pi because the db almost always initiates contact. 

18 yards per catch tremendous speed especially for a 6 foot 4 225 lbs wr. He had monster yac and catch rate. The hardest wr match up in the league. almost 1600 yards and 11 tds on 88 catches. 

No one was close in 2018 to him. Darvin Adams best year too. 

10 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Why are people ragging on Bailey so hard after that last game? Was it the one drop on the short pass? Cause that was a shitty throw by collaros more than a receiver problem...

He caught 4 of 8 passes thrown his way. He also had a 5 yard penalty (Offsides) which turned what would have been a manageable 2nd and 6 into a 1st and 15.