2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

Regarding Nichols. Always thought he had CFL potential when I first saw him with the Elks lol but then that gruesome leg injury happened and eventho he overcame that... the injuries kept piling up and yeah.. he was our best QB since KG tho and I'll always respect him for getting back up after being knocked down so many times. If u gonna be dumb u gotta be tough. Nichols is tough. But he's done. He was done 3 years ago 

Never heard of the Elks coach

Likely part of the reason why he was let go was lack of CFL knowledge? 

38 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Regarding Nichols. Always thought he had CFL potential when I first saw him with the Elks lol but then that gruesome leg injury happened and eventho he overcame that... the injuries kept piling up and yeah.. he was our best QB since KG tho and I'll always respect him for getting back up after being knocked down so many times. If u gonna be dumb u gotta be tough. Nichols is tough. But he's done. He was done 3 years ago 

Never heard of the Elks coach

Likely part of the reason why he was let go was lack of CFL knowledge? 

You put it real well with Nichols. 

The st coach was being a royal turd on the side line. I've seen college and lower guys act like that back in the day. Doesn't fly any more especially in the pros. Even more so with fellow coaches. His teams were the worst in the league too. 

One time after going at another coach I saw elizondo grab him and read him the riot act last night. 

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

saw that too. didnt know what it was about. Elizondo seems like a decent guy.

I think he is an *******. Saying players lack character is trash. There is no way for a player to respond to that

Say nothing and it is out there. Say something and now you look like a problem, even if you tell the truth.

Brutal

2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

Kenny Stafford earlier in camp.

It's a bad rookie hc move. No matter If it's true or not. I do suspect that it's true but it's a dumb move. Nothing good comes out of it for any one. 

Also to say Stafford is a character issue while employing wilder is a freaking joke. 

All that said from what I saw live and the little clips I've seen I'd a Sent that coach packing mid game at the latest. That guy was toxic af. 

12 hours ago, Geebrr said:

I think he is an *******. Saying players lack character is trash. There is no way for a player to respond to that

Say nothing and it is out there. Say something and now you look like a problem, even if you tell the truth.

Brutal

Still stand by my pre-season pick that JE will be the first HC to be sacked. Also, the search for Sunderland’s replacement will happen in the off-season. Ted Goveia on deck?

Edited by Pete Catan's Ghost

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

It's a bad rookie hc move. No matter If it's true or not. I do suspect that it's true but it's a dumb move. Nothing good comes out of it for any one. 

Also to say Stafford is a character issue while employing wilder is a freaking joke. 

All that said from what I saw live and the little clips I've seen I'd a Sent that coach packing mid game at the latest. That guy was toxic af. 

Even if it is true you don't **** a guy over like that in public. 

Jeff Hamilton reported that the Elks did not get 85% vaccinated, so the game should be cancelled per the rules. It will be interesting to find out if they did, in fact, reach 85% before this. 

I guess this is the beginning of the end of the season. 

31 minutes ago, JCon said:

Jeff Hamilton reported that the Elks did not get 85% vaccinated, so the game should be cancelled per the rules. It will be interesting to find out if they did, in fact, reach 85% before this. 

I really hope it’s not that grim, but this is obviously not great. 

42 minutes ago, JCon said:

are there unvaccinated players on rosters?

if yes, I dont understand it. this makes no sense.

league is in a precarious state, dont need to be letting stupid people decide about this.

not vaccinated, off the team. if your an American, leave the country.

talk about politically correct. 

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Mark F said:

are there unvaccinated players on rosters?

if yes, I dont understand it.

league is in a precarious state, dont need to be letting stupid people decide about thismissue.

not vaccinated, off the team.

It was all negotiated with the CFLPA. If your team is under 85% vaccination and there is an outbreak, you lose the game and it is cancelled. 

Not all Bombers are vaccinated but they've really pushed it. Fit in or f... off. 

Just now, Mark F said:

so the other players, the team, the other teams, the fans, and the league, TSN, all lose out, and the numbskulls bear no responsibility.

This is not a league that can afford this.

That's what I think. 

But, it likely won't matter much because they need to be vaxxed to travel by plane very soon. 

So, all non-vaxxed players should be cut right now. Do the right thing. 

23 minutes ago, JCon said:

It was all negotiated with the CFLPA. If your team is under 85% vaccination and there is an outbreak, you lose the game and it is cancelled. 

Not all Bombers are vaccinated but they've really pushed it. Fit in or f... off. 

For the life of me, I can't understand why any team, the CFLPA, or the league would let its players go unvaccinated. All it takes is one careless plague rat to ruin an already precarious season.

I doubt you're able to cut players based on vaccination status, but having them unvaccinated is risking the health of the rest of your team and legitimately putting your team in risk of losing via forfeit. You'd have to imagine that would create tension at an interpersonal level amongst the players, especially on teams below 85%.

FIFO - go ask The Rock if the XFL is hiring.