2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

24 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Stamps to put Mitchell on six-game IL with broken leg https://www.tsn.ca/1.1682747

Brutal. They might be a player in the market if some former cfl guys shake loose in NFL tc this year. 

I'm curious as to how we will look into that market too.  A high tier kicker would be huge for us. Would we make a move for a guy like Duke or zylstra? Would we bring back rose?

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

How could the guy even play with a broken leg? No wonder he looked like ****.

Its all about the severity of the fracture. A partial break is painful but not necessarily debilitating and depending on location might just have needed pain management...which obviously didn't work out. I once ran a half marathon on a broken ankle. Pain meds, a good tape job, and confirmation from my doctor that it would do no further damage were all that was needed.

Just now, rebusrankin said:

Evans on the 6 game hurts for the Riders, best receiver on that club.

A real tough one for the RIders, he is their only legit deep threat.

A half marathon on a broken ankle is super impressive.

I remember going to the ER because I had hurt an ankle (stretched out all the ligaments) and I could walk for an x-ray and said to the nurse, well I can walk on it so not broken right. Got told no, pain tolerance etc, worst bedside manner ever.

On 2021-08-16 at 10:02 AM, Bigblue204 said:

Hope not. I don't want any excuses coming from Dicky and the crew when the Jeffs crush their Oline.

Broken Tibia. You'll see him.

Rod Pederson on his podcast today said there is a buyer for the Stamps & that "he has XFL connections". He speculated The Rock" as he was cut by the Stamps 23 years ago. 

12 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Broken Tibia. You'll see him.

Rod Pederson on his podcast today said there is a buyer for the Stamps & that "he has XFL connections". He speculated The Rock" as he was cut by the Stamps 23 years ago. 

I don't believe the cfl would let a guy buy a team while also holding interest in a competing league. If he exits the xfl I can see it other wise I can't. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I don't believe the cfl would let a guy buy a team while also holding interest in a competing league. If he exits the xfl I can see it other wise I can't. 

Well, here's the thing. That source he talks about is a personal friend of mine who has ties to the Stamps. I spoke with him about this a couple of days ago & he confirmed the team is for sale (which he said a Stamps exec had informed him) but he never told me an XFL guy wants to buy the team. I understood it would be a local buyer. The Flames have been absentee owners. They don't care about the Stamps. No advertising or marketing. Corporate ticket business has collapsed. No plans for a new or renovated McMahon. I've been told the Stamps are being run on a shoestring budget. Murray Edwards is probably using Stamps losses as a tax writeoff. But this story about possibly The Rock as an owner, I dunno. 

1 minute ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Didn't David Braley own two CFL teams at  the same time? Nothing is beyond the realms of possibility.

He did. But that is a huge difference. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, here's the thing. That source he talks about is a personal friend of mine who has ties to the Stamps. I spoke with him about this a couple of days ago & he confirmed the team is for sale (which he said a Stamps exec had informed him) but he never told me an XFL guy wants to buy the team. I understood it would be a local buyer. The Flames have been absentee owners. They don't care about the Stamps. No advertising or marketing. Corporate ticket business has collapsed. No plans for a new or renovated McMahon. I've been told the Stamps are being run on a shoestring budget. Murray Edwards is probably using Stamps losses as a tax writeoff. But this story about possibly The Rock as an owner, I dunno. 

I believe that it's for sale for sure. Maybe flutie gives up on that usfl thing and buys it. There's some big construction and oil guys with connections that aren't in cal any more that could be a candidate. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

He did. But that is a huge difference. 

I believe that it's for sale for sure. Maybe flutie gives up on that usfl thing and buys it. There's some big construction and oil guys with connections that aren't in cal any more that could be a candidate. 

The USFL is the Spring League rebranded so it's not much of a thing whatever they call it.