2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

Do you find it interesting that if we had beat a first game BC team with Reilly throwing powderpuffs, a beat up Hamilton team(we beat them less beat up) and barely beat sad sack Ottawa, that it would be said we beat nobody of any significance, and that our record wasn't true indicator of how good we are, yet thats the Rider's season to date, and they are the heavily favored team and the sad sack media is calling them the elite team of the year???...makes u go hmmmm eh?

Yet we are 3-1 with way more significant injuries, and played better teams

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Do you find it interesting that if we had beat a first game BC team with Reilly throwing powderpuffs, a beat up Hamilton team(we beat them less beat up) and barely beat sad sack Ottawa, that it would be said we beat nobody of any significance, and that our record wasn't true indicator of how good we are, yet thats the Rider's season to date, and they are the heavily favored team and the sad sack media is calling them the elite team of the year???...makes u go hmmmm eh?

The cfl media is soo click baity and desperate to pander to the riders fans it's pathetic. 

Tsn and cfl media is a major obstacle to growing the leagues reach in the younger demographic. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

The cfl media is soo click baity and desperate to pander to the riders fans it's pathetic. 

Tsn and cfl media is a major obstacle to growing the leagues reach in the younger demographic. 

yeah...pandoring to one suck hole fanbase isn't the way to do it...considering too, that if/when they don't win...they stay away in droves...requiring 2 telethons and the sale of worthless "shares" to keep them alive....

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...pandoring to one suck hole fanbase isn't the way to do it...considering too, that if/when they don't win...they stay away in droves...requiring 2 telethons and the sale of worthless "shares" to keep them alive....

Yeah the riders fan base isn't gonna grow either. It's wasted energy. If any thing they should be all over Toronto right now. They have a good team and good coaches and had a good win over us. Or even Montreal. 

I can't wait to see them in their next down swing playing upfront of 18k people again. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Yeah the riders fan base isn't gonna grow either. It's wasted energy. If any thing they should be all over Toronto right now. They have a good team and good coaches and had a good win over us. Or even Montreal. 

I can't wait to see them in their next down swing playing upfront of 18k people again. 

and it will happen

if the wheels dont fall off in the first 6-8 minutes in Regina on Sunday...I see no reason why we don't win...not handily, but never in doubt...we have the better all around team and coaching, and are wayyyyy more disciplined and play as a team...not a bunch of show boaters mugging for the camera and being selfish

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

if the wheels dont fall off in the first 6-8 minutes in Regina on Sunday...I see no reason why we don't win...not handily, but never in doubt...we have the better all around team and coaching, and are wayyyyy more disciplined and play as a team...not a bunch of show boaters mugging for the camera and being selfish

Feels like we need to grind out the first half and not let the Riders go on a run. Need to force everything to stay slow as possible. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Speaking of attendance, did they not announce it at the last Bomber home game, and how far are we from a sellout for the Banjo Bowl?

48 minutes ago, Booch said:

We have had to scrape and claw lots this year. The riders have coasted after offensive surges. If we can stay close early we got it. But man I hope we coach and execute well. Soft deep zone isn't gonna get it done.

We know what the riders do on offense. Timing routes attacking seams. Fajardo improvising. Basic run call. Teams can and will adapt to the same timing routes. I hope it's us first. 

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

22,800 people announced at the last game. Nothing yet on Banjo Bowl. Very curious if there are issues with Rider fans given the differences in how the provinces have handled Covid.

I feel like it'll be the fewest greenies in the stands ever for a bjb

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Ya knowni was curious what the mob over there was thinking before labour day and I **** you not, someone said that the Bombers barely beat up a banged up Hamilton squad... I paused for a second and after that first td the Bombers d gave up nothing and basically had their way with the tickets the rest of the night, and they were a healthier squad than the one that went into Regina. Just no awareness at all in that fanbase.

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Ya knowni was curious what the mob over there was thinking before labour day and I **** you not, someone said that the Bombers barely beat up a banged up Hamilton squad... I paused for a second and after that first td the Bombers d gave up nothing and basically had their way with the tickets the rest of the night, and they were a healthier squad than the one that went into Regina. Just no awareness at all in that fanbase.

yup..case in point

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

This is sort of like the ugly child being fawned over at family gatherings to make him feel better.

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hey they also barely beat BC and beat the RBs by 13. Those are two pretty good teams...😆 Rfs are some thing else. 

24 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Hey they also barely beat BC and beat the RBs by 13. Those are two pretty good teams...😆 Rfs are some thing else. 

Yeah much better to play the redblacks than the argos back to back. Also saw them lamenting their injuries prior to this one. Too bad we don't have any significant injuries to preload our excuses....

1 hour ago, JCon said:

If I'm the TiCats and I can swing both salaries, I'm keeping both for this season. TiCats have a championship quality team there and could go back to the GC that they're hosting. Take no chances with your most important position. 

Idk. They don't look like contenders to me this year. I think they need another piece or two atleast. But I don't see them getting that in a trade with Masoli. 

I wonder if we will see a lot more trades this year with US airlifts posing quarantine and possible vaccination issues. I could see a few teams with real positions of strength looking to trade for immediate help. To could deal white and maybe some wr depth. ssk ham and a couple teams could be buyers for back up OL. I could see ham selling off masoli.