2021 (??) CFL Season

Noeller

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Stamps have removed Bo Levi Mitchell from the 6 game injured list & he is now eligible to start practicing. Basically, he's played like **** the entire season. Jake Maier who has sparked the team with his surprisingly fine play will sit when Bo is good & ready. "Thanks kid. You did okay but this is MY team. Not yours. Just remember that". 

Honestly, as it should be. BLM is one of the best QBs ever in the CFL. Yeah, system but he's still darn good. 

Maier will be fine in BC when they release Reilly next year. ;)

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Stamps have removed Bo Levi Mitchell from the 6 game injured list & he is now eligible to start practicing. Basically, he's played like **** the entire season. Jake Maier who has sparked the team with his surprisingly fine play will sit when Bo is good & ready. "Thanks kid. You did okay but this is MY team. Not yours. Just remember that". 

yeeep. Maybe delmonaco and maier go to ottawa in the offseason. 

Just now, JCon said:

Honestly, as it should be. BLM is one of the best QBs ever in the CFL. Yeah, system but he's still darn good. 

Maier will be fine in BC when they release Reilly next year. ;)

Idk where Id put BLM on the all time list, but either way I dont think hes been that guy since 2018. And I dont think he will be that guy again. 

Just now, JCon said:

The guy was on pace for for over 5,600 yards in 2019. 

On track for doesnt mean much after the games are played. for 1/3rd plus of the season nichols was on track for like 40+ tds. BLM would be on track for 30 some picks this year. And half as many tds. Out side of ravaging a couple soft secondary's in 19, (including ours) he was pretty meh.  If you pro rated those games over a season, youd have about as bad a year as hes on track for this year.

2019 stamps WR core was pretty freakin good, their ol was good and their running game was under rated. They didnt pound it but they had a really nice rb by committee. 

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

On track for doesnt mean much after the games are played. for 1/3rd plus of the season nichols was on track for like 40+ tds. BLM would be on track for 30 some picks this year. And half as many tds. Out side of ravaging a couple soft secondary's in 19, (including ours) he was pretty meh.  If you pro rated those games over a season, youd have about as bad a year as hes on track for this year.

2019 stamps WR core was pretty freakin good, their ol was good and their running game was under rated. They didnt pound it but they had a really nice rb by committee. 

Okay, but my sample size was eleven games for 2019 (not two). So, more than half the season. And, the guy who was MOP had fewer TDs over 7 more games and only 838 more yards. 

So, you can think BLM will never repeat 2018, and maybe he won't, but 2019 was not exactly a down year for him, despite being injured. 

3 hours ago, JCon said:

Okay, but my sample size was eleven games for 2019 (not two). So, more than half the season. And, the guy who was MOP had fewer TDs over 7 more games and only 838 more yards. 

So, you can think BLM will never repeat 2018, and maybe he won't, but 2019 was not exactly a down year for him, despite being injured. 

As with Nichols stats don't tell the whole story. The system he's in and his proficiency in that system with the weapons he had conflate his numbers. His accuracy and decision making wasn't not good. The down fall didn't just start. 

12 hours ago, JCon said:

Bo Levi has a lot of miles on that body as he's been beaten up pretty good. Zero threat to run even if healthy. He's been a starter for something like 8 seasons & he had shoulder surgery in 2019. People are noticing his throwing mechanics seem off like Nichols. He doesn't have the horses around him that he used to have although Dave Dickenson is a very good qb coach & OC. I think his best days are behind him. He may have some gas in the tank but the engine is wearing out. 

8 hours ago, WildPath said:

BLM has always been an arrogant me-first kind of guy. Wasn't it after losing in a Grey Cup he came out and criticized the coach for not giving him the ball on the final play?

Ha, ha. He wasn't wrong. Biggest play of the season & Andrew Buckley the backup QB carried the ball on third down & lost yards. All they had to do was hand the ball off to Jerome Messam from the one & he'd be in. Dumb.

Just like the Seattle Seahawks not giving the ball to Beast Mode Marshawn Lynch on the one & threw an interception on the goal line  to lose the Super Bowl. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Coaches get too cute & outsmart themselves. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ha, ha. He wasn't wrong. Biggest play of the season & Andrew Buckley the backup QB carried the ball on third down & lost yards. All they had to do was hand the ball off to Jerome Messam from the one & he'd be in. Dumb.

Just like the Seattle Seahawks not giving the ball to Beast Mode Marshawn Lynch on the one & threw an interception on the goal line  to lose the Super Bowl. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Coaches get too cute & outsmart themselves. 

Agreed, but the way he handled that by throwing his teammate and coach under the bus came off as arrogant and classless. I don't think that kind of behaviour would go over well on our team. And when its from your QB franchise player, it spreads to others. Look at the culture of the Stamps, sure some of that comes from Dickenson too. (It was awesome to see him on the sidelines after they fumbled on the trick play last game)

2 hours ago, WildPath said:

Agreed, but the way he handled that by throwing his teammate and coach under the bus came off as arrogant and classless. I don't think that kind of behaviour would go over well on our team. And when its from your QB franchise player, it spreads to others. Look at the culture of the Stamps, sure some of that comes from Dickenson too. (It was awesome to see him on the sidelines after they fumbled on the trick play last game)

I'm no Mitchell fan going back to the time he made fun of us in a halftime interview a few years ago. Yeah, he's cocky & arrogant but in the heat of the moment people say things they shouldn't. I think his best days are behind him. You won't be seeing him play at 35 or 36 like Michael Reilly. 

3 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Hopefully they don't get handed any documents with Maderna on it.

No joke. They better not screw up ldc and bjb or our season after that with covid. We better be checking players claims too. No one should just be asking and go oh ok. I expect much better from us and around the league. 

51 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Elks end up with three games in 6 days due to the cancellation and rescheduling. Should have just had to forefit.

No joke what a horrible decision the pa might step in and try and get them to change it. That's gonna be hell for the players.  

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Elks end up with three games in 6 days due to the cancellation and rescheduling. Should have just had to forefit.

Sometimes I feel like I could do a better job on the CFL schedule. The game is now on for Nov. 16. The Elks already play Nov. 13 and Nov. 19. They go road-road-road in Sask-Tor-BC. Completely clueless and dangerous for the players. 

What they should have done is work with the existing bye weeks. Winnipeg and Edmonton both have the bye in week 8, so move their week 11 game to that week, then Winnipeg gets the bye in week 11 and Edmonton is now free to play Toronto in week 11 and Toronto loses their bye that week. Consider that Edmonton and Toronto already got their bye with the week 4 postponement. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Sometimes I feel like I could do a better job on the CFL schedule. The game is now on for Nov. 16. The Elks already play Nov. 13 and Nov. 19. They go road-road-road in Sask-Tor-BC. Completely clueless and dangerous for the players. 

What they should have done is work with the existing bye weeks. Winnipeg and Edmonton both have the bye in week 8, so move their week 11 game to that week, then Winnipeg gets the bye in week 11 and Edmonton is now free to play Toronto in week 11 and Toronto loses their bye that week. Consider that Edmonton and Toronto already got their bye with the week 4 postponement. 

The Esks players should of followed protocols

43 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

No joke what a horrible decision the pa might step in and try and get them to change it. That's gonna be hell for the players.  

The CFLPA agreed to this & the Esks will carry 5 extra players on their roster for those 3 games. They should have forfeited. The players & mgmt deserved this. No sympathy from me. Man up & get it done. Congrats Elizondo & Sunderland. Job well done. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47l85r4of3n7atpep8pn

36 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

The Esks players should of followed protocols

I'm just glad they didn't **** with our schedule.