Covid-19

JCon

On 2/10/2023 at 5:20 PM, Tracker said:

Crispr has its problems. On a semi-related note, a seer named Edgar Cayce stated way back a hundred years ago that Atlanteans "grew" semi-humanoids some 80,000 years ago for dangerous labour.

Is that any whackier than some of the other non-scientific proposals? 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Is that any whackier than some of the other non-scientific proposals? 

Cayce had a lot of credibility- he diagnosed and prescribed treatments for what were designated as hopeless cases and cured almost all of them. He also predicted the start and end of WW2 , the rise of China as a world power and much of the conflicts currently in the world. 

On 12/16/2022 at 12:10 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

Actually, replace the word vaccines with science.

Medicine a lot of times is an art lead by science. 

Said poster is just sitting back, smirking away reading the responses to his (?) coming in hot gaslighting comments thinking what a bunch of idiots tearing away the fabric of our society with their tribalism. Wake up, our Country is going to ****.

I'm told by some here that I'm to be receptive, kind and open to listening to this jerk approach. Just another side to the equation.

Showing empathy for this is type of abrasive approach where the primary objective is to get a rise out of others who don't support personal entitlements, personal freedoms like speech, choices etc with no social responsibility attached to it whatsoever hiding behind the 'I'm a law abiding citizen that will not be told to do something I don't agree with' because of the junk science, junk research, junk sources they expose themselves to that swills around social media is becoming more and more difficult to do.  

Partially true.  I do smirk at some responses because much of it is quick reflex attacks and angry spitting.
What is not true is that I am troll, I honestly believe what I post but the vast majority on here throw insults and make childish replies, or simply misrepresent what I try to say.    

What is also true is that I only pop in every couple months, but not to 'gaslight', I am not on nearly enough for that to work haha.

MBB is an echo chamber where other side thoughts are outlawed. (I don't mean by the mods, they're pretty good at what they do, I refer to the general layman's responses)

On 12/16/2022 at 12:23 PM, Wideleft said:

The more you know:

"People with repeated COVID-19 infections are twice as likely to die and three times as likely to be hospitalized compared to those only infected once, according to the report published online recently in the journal Nature Medicine."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/health-effects-increase-with-repeated-covid-19-infections/ar-AA1467g1

I go by what I see and what I saw was my kids recovered very quickly, in two days, from covid, while it lasted about two weeks for me.  And our subsequent infections we re far less than that, barely a ripple.  The virus gets weaker with each mutation, but people are free to keep injecting themselves with a vaccine for already extinct variants and read about the growing data showing adverse effects.  Even Health Canada acknowledges the risk of myocarditis and bell's palsy.  

But each to his own.  If you want it, go ahead, and if you don't want it, go ahead.  I don't know why people get so angry (not you personally but many others) about people having personal choices for their health.  I read about it, weighed the risk and decided to let my immune system handle it. 

Edited by basslicker

Is this still a thing? Neat, I'll wear my mask on public transit but that's about it unless it's chilly, makes a good face Warner.. 

Vaccine? I had 3 doses. I've stopped because well, why get the same dose so many times when new variants are around seemingly monthly 

To each their own. My mask is mainly cuz public transit is nassssssty

A public health agency acknowledging the risk of something is being responsible and accountable to the public it serves. There's risk associated with almost anything in this life and it would be disingenuous to claim otherwise.

Health Canada also acknowledges the importance of vaccination and the safety of the vaccines/boosters available in this country: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/vaccines/safety-side-effects.html

It's pretty poor form to cherry-pick information and then misconstrue it to try and prop up an already ridiculous opinion.

I do still dislike the disinformation tho. 

Pretty wild honestly, ppl just straight up making **** up. The bills nfl player had a heart attack right or cardiac arrest but regardless,  Facebook comments mention the vaccine like ppl don't have cardiac arrest daily? Lol. All these apparent side effects and **** aren't really vaccine related, ffs without a vaccine, none of us would have gone to Public schools....  the internet giveth and she taketh.

Simply having a side thought on something doesn’t automatically make it legitimate and worthy for discussion.

It seems absurdness, drivel and lunacy believe they deserve to be at the adult table just cuz freedom of speech. That’s  not how (no matter who you are) intelligent discourse works. 

• 2 weeks later...

Idaho lawmakers want to criminalize mRNA vaccines. Here's what happens if their bill passes

Political polarization in the United States has created bitter divides over all kinds of public health measures — ranging from abortion rights to COVID-19 protections. Yet in Idaho, a deep-red state in which Donald Trump carried 63.8% of the popular vote in the 2020 election, Republican legislators are taking their conspiratorial beliefs regarding COVID-19 a step further by attempting to criminalize mRNA vaccines. 

Indeed, last week two Republican lawmakers in Idaho introduced House Bill 154 proposing that "providing" or "administering" mRNA vaccines should be criminalized. Specifically, doing so would be a misdemeanor.

"I think conservatives were very opposed to lockdowns and mask mandates, which were not shown to be very effective in curbing the spread of COVID-19; that opposition seems to have led to a distrust of the mRNA vaccines." 

"Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person may not provide or administer a vaccine developed using messenger ribonucleic acid technology for use in an individual or any other mammal in this state," the bill states. "A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor." In other words, doing so could result in jail time and/or a fine.

If passed, the bill proposes that the law should go into effect this summer on July 1, 2023.

As the COVID-19 pandemic enters a new phase, the proposed legislation is a reminder that some GOP lawmakers aren't done fear-mongering over COVID-19 vaccines just yet. "We have issues that this was fast tracked," Idaho state Sen. Tammy Nichols stated, though the notion that the vaccine was "rushed" has been consistently pointed out as a myth by experts. "There's no liability, there's no access to data," Nichols added, which is also false. 

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

Idaho lawmakers want to criminalize mRNA vaccines. Here's what happens if their bill passes

Political polarization in the United States has created bitter divides over all kinds of public health measures — ranging from abortion rights to COVID-19 protections. Yet in Idaho, a deep-red state in which Donald Trump carried 63.8% of the popular vote in the 2020 election, Republican legislators are taking their conspiratorial beliefs regarding COVID-19 a step further by attempting to criminalize mRNA vaccines. 

Indeed, last week two Republican lawmakers in Idaho introduced House Bill 154 proposing that "providing" or "administering" mRNA vaccines should be criminalized. Specifically, doing so would be a misdemeanor.

"I think conservatives were very opposed to lockdowns and mask mandates, which were not shown to be very effective in curbing the spread of COVID-19; that opposition seems to have led to a distrust of the mRNA vaccines." 

"Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person may not provide or administer a vaccine developed using messenger ribonucleic acid technology for use in an individual or any other mammal in this state," the bill states. "A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor." In other words, doing so could result in jail time and/or a fine.

If passed, the bill proposes that the law should go into effect this summer on July 1, 2023.

As the COVID-19 pandemic enters a new phase, the proposed legislation is a reminder that some GOP lawmakers aren't done fear-mongering over COVID-19 vaccines just yet. "We have issues that this was fast tracked," Idaho state Sen. Tammy Nichols stated, though the notion that the vaccine was "rushed" has been consistently pointed out as a myth by experts. "There's no liability, there's no access to data," Nichols added, which is also false. 

Criminalizing the teaching of history in Florida.

Criminalizing science in Idaho.

The GOP knows their voters are ignorant - just not ignorant enough.

2 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Criminalizing the teaching of history in Florida.

Criminalizing science in Idaho.

The GOP knows their voters are ignorant - just not ignorant enough.

And yet......

'Incredible reach': Donald Trump gloats about 'off the charts' ratings from East Palestine visit

Former President Donald Trump on Thursday shared a "viewership report" on his Truth Social app to gloat about the media ratings of his Wednesday publicity stunt in East Palestine, Ohio, where a February 3rd Northfolk Southern freight train derailment poisoned the surrounding environment with toxic substances.

As Mediaite noted, "Trump's live remarks from East Palestine, Ohio were ignored by the three major cable news networks on Wednesday: CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News," while "Newsmax and OAN, both to the right of Fox News, carried the remarks live and offered analysis following the event. The report Trump shared noted that 'outlets like Fox News are woefully derelict' in their limited reporting on the trip."

It states:

VIEWERSHIP REPORT

President Trump’s 2/22 visit to East Palestine, OH

TOTAL PEOPLE THAT SAW COVERAGE (SOCIAL+ TRADITIONAL): 178,052,414

TOTAL SOCIAL MEDIA USERS THAT SAW COVERAGE: 144,037,338

TOTAL TRADITIONAL VIEWERS THAT SAW

COVERAGE: 34,015,076

"This report searched for the term 'East Palestine' + 'Trump' what you will see is while traditional outlets like Fox News are woefully derelict in their reporting with what you did, the word is still getting out there in a big way. Specifically, when the announcement was made last week there was a bump of coverage reaching about 2 million on social channels and 10 million on other channels.

However, your numbers this Wednesday were off the charts with incredible reach, 144MM on social and 34MM in other channels. The visit meant a lot for the people of East Palestine and the surrounding communities. The trip gave them hope and raised the awareness needed to combat the incompetence of the Biden Administration. As you will see a sharp spike in the positive sentiments as well."

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

"This report searched for the term 'East Palestine' + 'Trump' what you will see is while traditional outlets like Fox News are woefully derelict in their reporting with what you did, the word is still getting out there in a big way. Specifically, when the announcement was made last week there was a bump of coverage reaching about 2 million on social channels and 10 million on other channels.

However, your numbers this Wednesday were off the charts with incredible reach, 144MM on social and 34MM in other channels. The visit meant a lot for the people of East Palestine and the surrounding communities. The trip gave them hope and raised the awareness needed to combat the incompetence of the Biden Administration. As you will see a sharp spike in the positive sentiments as well."

26 minutes ago, Tracker said:

None of this will make a dent in the faux outrage by the cretins in the US over how this was the fault of Biden, immigrants, the left wing, trans peoples and the global cabal.

What's always more telling than the original tweet is the comments underneath heavily supporting what you say here. 

Distract, confuse, lie.

Thank you social media.

GOP Ex-Sen. Inhofe Retired Due To Long COVID After Opposing COVID Aid

Former Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) attributed his decision to retire due to the long-term effects of COVID-19, telling local newspaper Tulsa World that certain symptoms were still affecting him day-to-day.

Inhofe voted against multiple coronavirus aid packages meant to help Americans at the height of the pandemic, including the Families First Coronavirus Response Act approved overwhelmingly by 90 senators in March 2020, and the American Rescue Plan in March 2021.

The 88-year-old did not say which symptoms he was dealing with. But he suggested he was in good company, alleging that other elected representatives in Congress are also struggling with long COVID behind the scenes.

“Five or six others have (long COVID), but I’m the only one who admits it,” Inhofe told Tulsa World.

At least one Democratic senator, Tim Kaine of Virginia, has spoken openly about his experience with lingering symptoms after contracting COVID-19.

Woody Harrelson Spews Anti-Vax Conspiracies in Rambling ‘SNL’ Monologue

It was Woody Harrelson’s fifth time hosting Saturday Night Live this week, a distinction that often comes with a star-studded induction into the coveted Five-Timers Club. Instead, the actor used his time on stage to ramble incoherently for several minutes until ultimately delivering a not-so-coded anti-COVID vaccine message to the millions of viewers at home.

The actor began his opening monologue by describing himself as a “redneck hippy” who considered himself “purple” in his politics, a line that he seemed surprised got neither laughter nor applause from the crowd.

After highlighting the fact that he apparently wasn’t getting the typical Five-Timers smoking jacket, Harrelson began to tell a bizarre story about a script he read in 2019 after the last time he hosted the show, but continually interrupted himself to talk about his penchant for weed and the fact that he spent seven months without alcohol last year… “and five glorious months.”

Harrelson—who has previously linked COVID-19 to 5G networks—arrived at the point he was apparently trying to make.

“So the movie goes like this,” he said. “The biggest drug cartels in the world get together and buy up all the media and all the politicians and force all the people in the world to stay locked in their homes. And people can only come out if they take the cartel’s drugs and keep taking them over and over.”

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Woody Harrelson Spews Anti-Vax Conspiracies in Rambling ‘SNL’ Monologue

It was Woody Harrelson’s fifth time hosting Saturday Night Live this week, a distinction that often comes with a star-studded induction into the coveted Five-Timers Club. Instead, the actor used his time on stage to ramble incoherently for several minutes until ultimately delivering a not-so-coded anti-COVID vaccine message to the millions of viewers at home.

The actor began his opening monologue by describing himself as a “redneck hippy” who considered himself “purple” in his politics, a line that he seemed surprised got neither laughter nor applause from the crowd.

After highlighting the fact that he apparently wasn’t getting the typical Five-Timers smoking jacket, Harrelson began to tell a bizarre story about a script he read in 2019 after the last time he hosted the show, but continually interrupted himself to talk about his penchant for weed and the fact that he spent seven months without alcohol last year… “and five glorious months.”

Harrelson—who has previously linked COVID-19 to 5G networks—arrived at the point he was apparently trying to make.

“So the movie goes like this,” he said. “The biggest drug cartels in the world get together and buy up all the media and all the politicians and force all the people in the world to stay locked in their homes. And people can only come out if they take the cartel’s drugs and keep taking them over and over.”

I have it waiting on the PVR but now I know I can skip the monologue. That's really a shame... I generally like his work, but I've got no time for that bullshit. 

A rambling, poorly executed joke that was doomed to die in front of a New York audience before it was ever uttered. That lame joke probably would have killed in Texas. I love Woody and I love reefer but this plays out like a cautionary tale about what smoking weed for breakfast every day does long term.

Conspiracy theorists pushing ivermectin as a flu and RSV panacea: report

In 2020 and 2021 — during the worst of the coronavirus pandemic — some far-right MAGA Republicans and conspiracy theorists promoted ivermectin, an antiparasitic drug, as a treatment for COVID-19. And they drew a great deal of criticism from mainstream health officials, including veteran immunologist Dr. Anthony Fauci and members of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

The FDA, in an official statement, warned, "The FDA has not authorized or approved ivermectin for use in preventing or treating COVID-19 in humans or animals…. Currently available data do not show ivermectin is effective against COVID-19…. Taking large doses of ivermectin is dangerous."

But despite warnings from Fauci, the FDA and countless others, ivermectin proponents on the far right continued to insist that it was a valuable tool in fighting COVID-19. According to Washington Post reporter Lauren Weber, the ivermectin cult hasn’t gone away — only in 2023, its focus is on ivermectin as a treatment for the flu and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).

READ MORE:'We tried our best': Retiring Dr. Anthony Fauci recalls challenges of serving Donald Trump during COVID-19

Weber, in an article published on February 26, notes that the Front Line COVID-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC) was formed in 2020 to, in its own words, "prevent and treat COVID." But with interest in ivermectin as an anti-COVID-19 drug having waned, the group is now focused on other respiratory problems. And the group's critics, according to Weber, are still speaking out.