Covid-19

JCon

I don't know which thread to post this in, but here's a bit of bad news aimed at the folks that brought us the Freedum! Convoy. 

Convoy organizers try to quash $300 million lawsuit

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/convoy-organizers-try-to-quash-300-million-lawsuit-1.6921835

Warms the cockles of my heart to know Tamara Lich, Pat King and company, won't be able to profit off the party they threw that trashed the house.

Edited by Fatty Liver

• 2 weeks later...

Ron Johnson Says COVID Was ‘Pre-Planned’ in Batsh*t Fox News Rant
-Reuters
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) went on an epic fear-mongering rant on Friday, telling Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo that COVID-19 was “pre-planned” by unnamed elites with the goal of taking away human rights. “This is all pre-planned by an elite group of people,” Johnson said when discussing the pandemic and vaccines with the right-wing TV host, adding that this group wants “to take total control over our lives.” Of course, Johnson failed to mention a single member of this “elite group” that has such an influence over the nation, and suggested no motive for them wanting to take “total control” over our lives and freedoms, either. But apparently, according to the senator, the group is already accomplishing their goals “bit by bit.” “They do it by massive government spending, increasing the size of government, taking over the WHO,” he said.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

-Reuters
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) went on an epic fear-mongering rant on Friday, telling Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo that COVID-19 was “pre-planned” by unnamed elites with the goal of taking away human rights. “This is all pre-planned by an elite group of people,” Johnson said when discussing the pandemic and vaccines with the right-wing TV host, adding that this group wants “to take total control over our lives.” Of course, Johnson failed to mention a single member of this “elite group” that has such an influence over the nation, and suggested no motive for them wanting to take “total control” over our lives and freedoms, either. But apparently, according to the senator, the group is already accomplishing their goals “bit by bit.” “They do it by massive government spending, increasing the size of government, taking over the WHO,” he said.

He should be thrown in jail, heavily fined whatever until he can provide concrete evidence of his drivel. The freedom of saying what you want does not hide you from consequences but in our current environment it sure does and then he can counter people are ganging up on me for my views and trying to censor me.

On 2023-08-12 at 12:41 PM, HardCoreBlue said:

He should be thrown in jail, heavily fined whatever until he can provide concrete evidence of his drivel. The freedom of saying what you want does not hide you from consequences but in our current environment it sure does and then he can counter people are ganging up on me for my views and trying to censor me.

This is the medical doctor who served under Trump as the White house doctor. Every Friday afternoon when he was there, he would walk around the place asking if anyone needed a precription for happy pills for the weekend. He was also reported as drinking heavily when on duty.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

This is the medical doctor who served under Trump as the White house doctor. Every Friday afternoon when he was there, he would walk around the place asking if anyone needed a precription for happy pills for the weekend. He was also reported as drinking heavily when on duty.

He also told Trump with a healthier diet he could live to be 200 years old

On 2023-08-12 at 9:19 AM, Tracker said:

-Reuters

Dimes to dollars he supports the squashing of Roe vs Wade. 

On 2023-08-13 at 9:09 PM, Tracker said:

You're thinking of Ronnie Jackson, not Ron Johnson.  Johnson is a moron unto himself.

Not surprisingly, Jackson was elected to the House of Representatives by the fine people of Texas 13.  

Edited by Wideleft

• 3 weeks later...

Serious question (with no judgement) for everyone here. As a healthy 40-something with kids, is anyone planning on getting the booster for either them or their kids? I had the first round of 3 shots, and the kids have the first 2 themselves, and nothing since. We all had covid since our last shots which is one big reason we didn't bother with a booster.

I had 4 shots but haven't had one in more than a year. I am absolutely getting both the flu shot and the new Moderna as soon as it's available. I want to be protected this fall flu season and hopefully have enough immunity for a January trip to the DR. I'm just waiting to hear back from my pharmacy about availability of the new vaccine. 

19 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Since we're on a roll with locking threads, let's lock this thread.

Not a big fan of the plague.

Me neither, but it's a good way to keep up on the information. The political threads were a mercy kill as they had gone so far over the line of civil discussion that the mods had no choice really. 

10 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Serious question (with no judgement) for everyone here. As a healthy 40-something with kids, is anyone planning on getting the booster for either them or their kids? I had the first round of 3 shots, and the kids have the first 2 themselves, and nothing since. We all had covid since our last shots which is one big reason we didn't bother with a booster.

Absolutely. I know they'll get it again, so I want to minimize their reaction, which the shot/booster do. I plan to, as well. Same demographics.