Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Now the stupid disbelievers aren't getting the required shots for diseases like Diptheria, Polio, Measles, Mumps & Measles for their kids. Claim they're unsafe. I guess putting on leafy underwear & dancing barefoot around a fire moaning incoherently works now. What a bunch of moronic fools for parents. 

Well... yeah... cuz those vaccines are untested, unproven, known bad side effects, brand new technology... 

Also, its not just the tree hugging hippy drippy barefoot leaf wearing chucklefucks anymore- the antivax movement has swung fully the other way and gained ground on the right and far right....

14 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Well... yeah... cuz those vaccines are untested, unproven, known bad side effects, brand new technology... 

Also, its not just the tree hugging hippy drippy barefoot leaf wearing chucklefucks anymore- the antivax movement has swung fully the other way and gained ground on the right and far right....

Yeah, this is where the far left and far right eventually meet. The hippies have ALWAYS been against this kinda stuff.... pushing homeopathic/eastern medicine stuff..... but I feel like the far right wingnuts are relatively new to this. Since the pandemic.... driven by the Joe Rogan's of the world. Either way, they're all lunatics. Why would I not trust a man/woman who has spent their entire adult life studying this stuff, and 98% of these people all agree on the same thing? Who the **** am I to tell them they're wrong?  Idiots. 

My wife says that Covid is going thru her office right now. A number of her coworkers have tested positive so are away. My friend also told me that at his son's engagement party last Sunday, two people had Covid, knew it & still showed up. His son's future Mother In Law & her son. He said he's taking the week off in case he has it. My wife is also okay, so far. As my wife said to me yesterday, "People are idiots". 

We won't be having lockdowns or restrictions anymore. Masking, maybe or maybe not, It's become like th flu or cold. People will give it to one another. It'll make the rounds. 

13 hours ago, bustamente said:

One thing about Covid it made shitty people shittier, they didn't care about anything or anyone during the height of people dying and they sure don't care now. It's a me world and it's really starting to get ugly.

Yup it brought out the true colors in a lot of us. Crisis usually does that.

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Yup it brought out the true colors in a lot of us. Crisis usually does that.

Which was really sad...

When covid first hit and the serious threat became apparent and the "shelter in place " first started... it was really nice, you could see a lot of humanity coming together and I honest thought the best side of mankind was showing through... fast forward a few more weeks and... yeah, that ugly side reared its ******* head and  here we are. 

19 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Which was really sad...

When covid first hit and the serious threat became apparent and the "shelter in place " first started... it was really nice, you could see a lot of humanity coming together and I honest thought the best side of mankind was showing through... fast forward a few more weeks and... yeah, that ugly side reared its ******* head and  here we are. 

This is exactly true.

24 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Which was really sad...

I really had high hopes it would push society towards working together.... nope went the opposite way.

39 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I really had high hopes it would push society towards working together.... nope went the opposite way.

Insert screaming rednecks "THEY TOLD US IT WOULD BE OVER IN TWO WEEKS!!" which of course was never true. But yeah, people basically gave up when it wasn't fixed near-instantly. 

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I just want to do my part based on what the professionals are recommending us do to take care of ourselves and each other. We are in a societal health crisis not knowing all the answers, lots of uncertainties, science is trying to figure things out.

You're being fooled. Don't be a sheep. 99.9% of people are fine. Only old frail people are dying. There is no crisis. Our freedoms are being taken away. Jobs are being lost. They're shutting things down to control us with experimental drugs. Freedom isn't free buddy. My freedoms and rights don't stop at your fears. They are coercing us to do things that have no basis in fact. We the fringe.

What is wrong with you?

You're being very mean and shaming. I'm just asking reasonable questions. Wow. So polarizing in you're echo chamber of fellow libtards. So divisive. 

And here we are.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I just want to do my part based on what the professionals are recommending us do to take care of ourselves and each other. We are in a societal health crisis not knowing all the answers, lots of uncertainties, science is trying to figure things out.

You're being fooled. Don't be a sheep. 99.9% of people are fine. Only old frail people are dying. There is no crisis. Our freedoms are being taken away. Jobs are being lost. They're shutting things down to control us with experimental drugs. Freedom isn't free buddy. My freedoms and rights don't stop at your fears. They are coercing us to do things that have no basis in fact. We the fringe.

What is wrong with you?

You're being very mean and shaming. I'm just asking reasonable questions. Wow. So polarizing in you're echo chamber of fellow libtards. So divisive. 

And here we are.

whatever-southpark.gif

On 2023-09-19 at 7:22 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Now the stupid disbelievers aren't getting the required shots for diseases like Diptheria, Polio, Mumps & Measles for their kids. Claim they're unsafe. I guess putting on leafy underwear & dancing barefoot around a fire moaning incoherently works now. What a bunch of moronic fools for parents. 

And yet vaccinating domestic animals has not slowed at all. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What does it mean when A & W claims its burgers come from cattle that have had no antibiotics? 

Antibiotics fight bacterial infections. 

Vaccines prevent illness by making your immune system stronger. 

If we stopped giving vaccines to animals, they would undoubtedly get sick and probably make us sick.  

Just now, Tracker said:

I would want proof before I accepted that at face value. 

I just don't get what it means as far as beef is comcerned & safety of those eating A & W burgers.

Just now, JCon said:

Antibiotics fight bacterial infections. 

Vaccines prevent illness by making your immune system stronger. 

If we stopped giving vaccines to animals, they would undoubtedly get sick and probably make us sick.  

That's what I thought so why is A & W making it out to be a good thing? These corportaions just lie to us making themselves out to be heroes when they're not. 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just don't get what it means as far as beef is comcerned & safety of those eating A & W burgers.

That's what I thought so why is A & W making it out to be a good thing? These corportaions just lie to us making themselves out to be heroes when they're not. 

I just think that most people don't understand the difference between antibiotics and vaccines. 

Just now, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just don't get what it means as far as beef is concerned & safety of those eating A & W burgers.

There is some evidence, albeit fragmentary at this time, that eating flesh of animals that have ingested antibiotics for a long time or shortly before being processed can build antibiotic resistance in consumers. There is solid proof that producers were overusing antibiotics  in their animals as prophylactic measures. So far as I am aware, that practice has been largely stopped.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I just think that most people don't understand the difference between antibiotics and vaccines. 

And to make themselves look good, A & W just muddies the issue. 

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

There is some evidence, albeit fragmentary at this time, that eating flesh of animals that have ingested antibiotics for a long time or shortly before being processed can build antibiotic resistance in consumers. There is solid proof that producers were overusing antibiotics  in their animals as prophylactic measures. So far as I am aware, that practice has been largely stopped.

Very interesting, thanks. 

14 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

TBF i think everyone was under assumption 2 shots and no more at the beginning.

I wasn't against the restrictions, vaccine passports & masking. However, with vaccines available now & the fact that Covid 19 is weakening with every new variant I'd be against all that now. We have to get on with life. Canada's Chief Public Officer of Health Theresa Tam saying we need to mask again will never happen. Restrictions are certainly out as well. 

I bit of mixing going on in this thread as mentioned.

Antibiotics fight bacteria, not viruses.

As for antibiotics in cows, from my understanding (and I'm not an expert here, so feel free to correct me here) they are used in cases when animals are in close quarters to prevent spread of disease, and there is some evidence that they also help cattle grow faster / bigger.   Some of the issues with this, as Tracker mentioned, this is giving antibiotics as a prophylactic, meaning before an infection.   When done like this, bacteria will mutate faster and gain immunity over the antibiotic which can also affect how resistant the antibiotics are for humans.

14 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I wasn't against the restrictions, vaccine passports & masking. However, with vaccines available now & the fact that Covid 19 is weakening with every new variant I'd be against all that now. We have to get on with life. Canada's Chief Public Officer of Health Theresa Tam saying we need to mask again will never happen. Restrictions are certainly out as well. 

Pandemics and their mutations are notoriously difficult to predict. Keep your options open.

A&W's advertises their beef is raised without artificial hormones and steroids. I've yet to see them advertise their beef is anti-biotic free. Animals get sick and cattle isn't cheap to raise, I would have a very hard time believing their beef is 100% anti-biotic free, that would be exceedingly expensive I would think. Chickens, on the other hand... pretty cheap to raise comparatively, and they get from farm to factory much faster... sick ones can be 'set aside' instead of being treated stark as that sounds

I should add just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not out there... but it is news to me