Covid-19

JCon

Chuck Woolery Changes Stance On COVID-19 'Lies' After Son Tests Positive

In a previous post retweeted by President Trump, the former game show host accused the CDC of lying about the coronavirus. Chuck Woolery had a change of heart this week about COVID-19 after his own son tested positive for the coronavirus.

On Monday, the former game show host claimed all the news about the coronavirus were “lies” simply meant to keep the economy from recovering before November. The tweet was retweeted more than 36,000 times, including one time by President Donald Trump.

CBS reporter Catherine Herridge asked the president why he would promote something that suggested his own medical officials were lying.

“I didn’t make a comment,” Trump responded, according to The Hill. “I reposted a tweet that a lot of people feel. But all I am doing is making a comment. I’m just putting somebody’s voice out there. There are many voices. There are many people that think we shouldn’t do this kind of testing, because all we do, it’s a trap.”

By Tuesday afternoon, Woolery reversed his opinion about the threat of the virus after his own son tested positive for the disease. Woolery has since deleted his Twitter account and has not provided any medical updates on his son, according to Snopes.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/chuck-woolery-covid-19-trump_n_5f10a208c5b619afc3ff1ab8?ri18n=true

(Karma is a *****, right chuck?)

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I didn’t make a comment,” Trump responded, according to The Hill. “I reposted a tweet that a lot of people feel. But all I am doing is making a comment. I’m just putting somebody’s voice out there. There are many voices. There are many people that think we shouldn’t do this kind of testing, because all we do, it’s a trap.”

This ******* clown...

25 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Karma is a *****, right chuck?)

Chuck, being the original host of Wheel of Fortune, must now face the repercussions of spinning the wheel and coming out very, very wrong. I can’t imagine what lesson he’s had to learn seeing his son go through this. Will he try to change other’s wrong opinions? I doubt it. Once ingrained...

8 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Everyday we see reason's that the border needs to stay closed till a new leader is elected and covidiot American's change their actions

Its gonna take a boatload of Florient to clean the smell in the White House after Trump gets evicted- in chains, I hope.

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I am sorry to the colony that had this setback ( @Mark H. hoping it's not Netley!) but somewhat reassuring that it's "contained" to a single area, at least for the good of the general public. 

It is not Netley.  But we are once again closed to visitors until things settle down.  Without divulging too much info - I will just say that travel to Alberta is probably a bad idea. 

Just now, Mark H. said:

It is not Netley.  But we are once again closed to visitors until things settle down.  Without divulging too much info - I will just say that travel to Alberta is a bad idea 

I SWEAR TO GOODNESS I'M HEALTHY AND PLEASE LET ME COME HOME IN SEPTEMBER

28 minutes ago, Sard said:

Per the Manitoba Health update:

Today’s cases are a male and female in their 60s, a male and female in their 30s and a female in her 20s. All the cases are on a Hutterite colony in the Interlake-Eastern health region.

The entire colony is in the process of getting tested and quarantining as needed. 

4 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

I just heard a story of a three year old child on life support due to Covid 19 - that 20% can be pretty darn serious.

That is very tragic.  But it is not the 20% that is serious, its the 20% that even show symptoms... the serious cases in canada are more around 0.01%

Every death that occurs is tragic...  my friend's buddy just died of covid at 57 - relatively healthy guy, another friend of a friend died of cancer because he couldn't get treatment during covid, record overdoses in BC are also tragic and several elders in northern communities have passed away while lockdown prevented their family from seeing them.

I definitely hope the colony situation is not serious.

16 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

TBD - depends on the contact tracing results.  The person who originally had the virus has recovered.  They were extremely sick for 2 - 3 days, approx. 10 days altogether. 

That's good - covid 'should' be less dangerous in the summer so hopefully that science is correct