Covid-19

JCon

18 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

America is so broken right now.

I like travelling the in the States but have no desire to do so for the foreseeable future.

I was saying to someone from North Dakota just yesterday, that the world was opening up and getting back to work.

He considered that to be an idiotic statement, because "American businesses never closed, but people don't want to work.  The virus has been blown out of proportion and people are sitting at home living off their stimulus cheques."  Unquote.

Eighty-five babies under the age of 1 have tested positive for the coronavirus in Nueces County, Texas, according to a local public health official.

“These babies have not even had their first birthday yet. Please help us to stop the spread of this disease,” Annette Rodriguez, director of public health for Corpus Christi, which is located in Nueces County, said at a Friday coronavirus press briefing. Rodriguez did not elaborate on the conditions of the babies at the briefing.

The Texas Tribune reports that Nueces County’s surge may at least partially be due to tourist activity. Local officials say visitors and tourists to the popular beachfront location were the main drivers of the initial outbreak, the Tribune reports.

https://time.com/5868678/corpus-christi-babies-coronavirus/

I sure am glad that we're keeping the border closed.

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Apparently there are night spots on Corydon which have been utterly ignoring all COVID restrictions, and one has been fined twice already to little effect. We seem to have our share of covidiots.

After course we do. After all - there’s so much comfort in the conspiracy theories. 

6 hours ago, bustamente said:

The new AG will have their hands full rounding up all these criminals, and they wont be able to say "Trump forced me to lie and act the way I did", they are all complicit in this death charade

Sooooo.....you're daying that "I was just following orders" is not a viable defence?

17 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Looked like a trumped up chart to me..

Given all the reports that staff can't tell him the truth without him throwing a tantrum i believe that they have to give him phony charts which he believes to be true cause he ain't gonna read it anyway nor have the ability to interpret it anyway. 

When you insist on being the smartest guy in the room and rage about anything that contradicts what you want to believe this is what happens.

On 2020-06-26 at 7:55 PM, GCJenks said:

Normally when I see a licence plate from out of country I’m kind of excited “I wonder what brought them here???” Today I saw and Arkansas plate and wanted to berate him with “Go the F Home!!!”

On a similar vein I saw the new Bombers plate and I thought "That's not royal blue! Where's the gold trim?"

Fandom fail.

18 minutes ago, iHeart said:

The high case counts are reflective of an outbreak of cases in several Hutterite colonies. In addition, there are some international travel-related cases and one transport driver.

One of the individuals announced as a positive COVID-19 case was a passenger on Asiana flight OZ 0704 from Manila, Philippines to Seoul, South Korea on July 7, Air Canada AC 0064 Seoul to Vancouver on July 8 (rows 26 to 32) and Air Canada AC 0296 Vancouver to Winnipeg on July 8 (rows 21 to 27).

36 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The high case counts are reflective of an outbreak of cases in several Hutterite colonies. In addition, there are some international travel-related cases and one transport driver.

One of the individuals announced as a positive COVID-19 case was a passenger on Asiana flight OZ 0704 from Manila, Philippines to Seoul, South Korea on July 7, Air Canada AC 0064 Seoul to Vancouver on July 8 (rows 26 to 32) and Air Canada AC 0296 Vancouver to Winnipeg on July 8 (rows 21 to 27).

And the all the Hutterite cases stem from travel to Alberta. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

There is no direct link between that large funeral and the cases in Manitoba.  

Funeral no but....

I believe - and Mark H will confirm or deny - that the guy who brought the infection back went to help looking for the girls and got the covid from people who later went to the funeral.

Six of one half dozen of the other.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

There is no direct link between that large funeral and the cases in Manitoba.  

So why are we calling corydon bar goers covidiots but not using that term of derision with the Hutterite colony outbreak?  It’s clear that the colonies did not follow the rules and set us back...

to be clear, I despise the term covidiots but I’m just wondering about this religious exemption...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

So why are we calling corydon bar goers covidiots but not using that term of derision with the Hutterite colony outbreak?  It’s clear that the colonies did not follow the rules and set us back...

to be clear, I despise the term covidiots but I’m just wondering about this religious exemption...

I think it is important to distinguish between those who live in close quarters and are not deliberately exposing themselves to the risk of infection and those who do. The second group deserve the name "Covidiots".

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

I think it is important to distinguish between those who live in close quarters and are not deliberately exposing themselves to the risk of infection and those who do. The second group deserve the name "Covidiots".

Yeah a communal place like a hutterite colony is always going to be easy for the virus to spread. 

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Because it isn’t true.  It was 2 - 3 people who didn’t follow the rules, not an entire group.  Most Hutterite communities in MB have followed all the public health guidelines.  Also, no one identified any visible minorities on Corydon.