Covid-19

JCon

Israeli Data Show School Openings Were a Disaster

Of 1,400 Israelis diagnosed with COVID-19 last month, 657 (47 percent) were infected in schools. Now 2,026 students, teachers, and staff have it, and 28,147 are quarantined.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/israeli-data-show-school-openings-were-a-disaster-that-wiped-out-lockdown-gains?ref=home

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-coronavirus-where-is-the-us-on-the-curve/

This is a very good article about what is actually happening in the states instead of Trump-distorted sound bites or covid hysteria...

For the most part, the US has covid under control...  80% of the states have flattened or eradicated 'the curve'...  yet all we here is how Florida hospitals are about to be 'overwhelmed'

5 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

YET.

We will get a vaccine for one strain of covid... but it will keep mutating and evolving - it either magically goes away - via randomness or herd immunity - or it doesn't and we remain prisoners of ourselves or we treat it as 'another flu' next year

In Manitoba, this winter 1900 confirmed cases of the flu... 403 people were hospitalized with the flu, 40 in ICU and 29 died... for Covid, 7 died out of 330 confirmed cases of covid (with almost no hospitalizations)

Why do we ignore Manitoba statistics but we all focus on Florida because its a total gong show... not much about this makes sense.

7 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry, can't tell me this isn't a man made virus. It's almost too perfect. 

But its not too perfect... and trust me, I'm a conspiracy guy.

The problem is our reporting.  Its all over the place but we are comparing data like they are all from the same source...

The 'spike from reopening too soon' in Texas and Florida...?  They weren't reporting covid cases until they were forced to because of hospitalizations

That isn't reopening too early... that's never really closing...

I'll say it again - life should be back to normal in Canada with considerations and precautions taken to protect the vulnerable.... the border should be open to residents of all states that do not have an outbreak

We should be controlling clusters - instead we are hiding in our homes...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020-coronavirus-where-is-the-us-on-the-curve/

This is a very good article about what is actually happening in the states instead of Trump-distorted sound bites or covid hysteria...

For the most part, the US has covid under control...  80% of the states have flattened or eradicated 'the curve'...  yet all we here is how Florida hospitals are about to be 'overwhelmed'

You could make the same argument about Quebec in Canada - so what? 

57 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

You could make the same argument about Quebec in Canada - so what? 

Yes and that's why we have a 'western Canada travel bubble' and a northern travel bubble...  in fact, that's my entire point - you can't generalize about different jurisdictions or compare data really

Do you think that Manitoba should be under total lockdown until Quebec gets all covid cases resolved?

9 hours ago, Floyd said:

Yes and that's why we have a 'western Canada travel bubble' and a northern travel bubble...  in fact, that's my entire point - you can't generalize about different jurisdictions or compare data really

Do you think that Manitoba should be under total lockdown until Quebec gets all covid cases resolved?

No, but let's go back to United States for a minute.  

They have almost a quarter of the deaths on the globe.  That is a shoddy record for a western democracy, no matter how many states are flattening the curve.  I think a country has to own all of their data. 

On 2020-07-10 at 11:56 AM, do or die said:

Do or Die's exclusive interview with President Trump

Do or Die:  So just how did that cognitive testing go?

President Trump:  "The doctors, now these were big men, with tremendous hands ....they all said 'Mr. President, sir... We've never seen anyone pick out a picture of a elephant, as quickly as you did in the history of testing. Truly, it's like nothing ever seen before. Verily, you are without a doubt, the most brilliant and intellectual president that ever existed - you must surely know more about virtually everything, than anyone else.  They said this with tears running down their faces. So many tears, believe me. It's because I have good genes, the best genes. Those kind of amazing unheard of genes. As far as the fake media, and crazed Democrats talking about my being stable - just watch me drink this little cup of water --- with one hand!

You forgot to say the doctors were crying. 

WTF is going on in this thread?

Just a quick glance at the latest posts... the flu is worse than Covid-19 and this coronavirus was man- made....?

Please stop with misinformation guys... those were all fox news talking points back in March. 

Wear a mask, don't touch you face, wash hands and practice physical distancing.

My favourite story is when the flu threatened to over run the Hospitals in Texas, those were the days.....the flu is worse than Covid-19.... get out of here.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sorry, can't tell me this isn't a man made virus. It's almost too perfect. 

Too perfect...? What does that even mean? In what way is this strain of coronavirus perfect, much less too perfect?

Feel free to present even a shred of credible evidence with scientific data showing COVID-19 is artificially made.