Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wanna-b-fanboy

2019-20 Grey Cup Champs Off-season discussion.

Recommended Posts

Just now, Floyd said:

Crazy that our NI backups are probably better than the starters Walters inherited...

couture-Eli-gray, petermann, Jones, Augustine, miles

 

Lol...when I read this I actually thought about it and yes this is probably true  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

In his article on Saturday, Hamilton speculated that Walters might not want to be here. A minor point in his 29 Things article. I think this means Walters signs a lifetime deal.

That’s the great thing about the Canadian Mafia. Its solid top to bottom, and it starts with Don Wade Miller, who won’t even consider letting Walters go after what he has accomplished. It would be a PR disaster for one, and we have the money to pay him. He’s got a good gig here. This is his baby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE CLUB SIGNS PLAYERS TO FUTURES CONTRACTS

STAFF

 
 
SHARE 

WINNIPEG, MB., December 3, 2019 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed the following players to futures contracts beginning in 2020:

American receiver Devin Lucien (6-2, 200, Arizona)
American receiver ArDarius Stewart (6-0, 205, Alabama)
American running back James Williams (6-0, 205, Washington State)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These three guys, these are some real solid Ringmaiden finds.

It wouldn't surprise me if 1 or 2 get a chance to sign in the spring in the NFL and we release them before camp.

Edited by Geebrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

See the source image

This is how Streveler did it. Thru the Time Tunnel. He left in 1968 & arrived in 2018. 

Fake time tunnel, that's nothing but fancy CGI magic, here's the real deal.

timetunnel012-640x398.jpg?v=1561652860

Evidence that it really worked.

timetunnel6.jpg

Please pay no attention to the Hush Puppies the soldier is wearing, they were obviously accepted as a bribe from his captive to allow his escape.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Booch said:

I would hope we can extend Jefferson..Bryant..Hardrick..Rose..Sayles..Nevis..Woli and one of Neuf and Couture prior to official free agency...or right at beginning if/when they wanted to just see what market was....a scenario I likely see happening...that would be a successful off-season in regards to our own guys.....the others if any can be re-upped is gravy, but we may already have in house guys thee to step in, or are looking at a specific free-agent from elsewhere

As for QB...we need to lock up Strev and whoever the vet is (Matt..Zack) either or will do us just fine while Strev develops.

A pretty doable and realistic free-agency if you ask me

Read this morning that Strev has zero interest in even testing free agency. Amazing what a winning culture does.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

Read this morning that Strev has zero interest in even testing free agency. Amazing what a winning culture does.....

What kind of contract should the club offer?   $250 + a lot of bonuses?    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Fake time tunnel, that's nothing but fancy CGI magic, here's the real deal.

timetunnel012-640x398.jpg?v=1561652860

Evidence that it really worked.

timetunnel6.jpg

Please pay no attention to the Hush Puppies the soldier is wearing, they were obviously accepted as a bribe from his captive to allow his escape.

 

 

 

 

 

Hush Puppies.....LOL....guys on here will most likely think they're quiet dogs , throwlong....They were really comfy though back in the day....Made by Greb...a Wpg. shoe company by the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Floyd said:

Blue #Bombers CEO Wade Miller says the football club is on pace to set a sales record for the most #GreyCup merchandise sold. "I have no doubt we will surpass Saskatchewan’s record set in 2013." #ForTheW 

I haven't bought any yet either. I have been dropping serious Xmas hints and if that doesn't work or I want more then to the store with a big bag. Last week exposed a serious lacking with only 3 shirts to wear for the work week, A championship shirt would be very appropriate for next year's grey cup week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What kind of contract should the club offer?   $250 + a lot of bonuses?    

I would say based on all things considered, and this being his second deal..a 200k base should and would be fair and a max for him, but built in play time incentives certainly...like a figure for starts, if he has taken away the starting gig at some point in the season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Booch said:

I would say based on all things considered, and this being his second deal..a 200k base should and would be fair and a max for him, but built in play time incentives certainly...like a figure for starts, if he has taken away the starting gig at some point in the season

I think rushing yards has to be a performance bonus, in addition to games played, passing, starts, etc.

 

Edited by Geebrr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Geebrr said:

I think rushing yards has to be a performance bonus, in addition to games played, passing, starts, etc.

 

You don't want to add to many clauses into an incentive part of a contract...you'de much rather have a incentive you can track as a hig amount vs a low amount to forcast possible SMS scenariois and where you could be at later in the year....too many unknowns in one where you have Yards gained..td's etc..etc...

If he has deal where he gets 5k a start say...you can account for a possible 90k against the bottom line and around trade deadline day, and if it is realized..or not...at least you know the minimum amount of SMS you "may" have to work with at that point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Geebrr said:

THE CLUB SIGNS PLAYERS TO FUTURES CONTRACTS

STAFF

SHARE 

WINNIPEG, MB., December 3, 2019 – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed the following players to futures contracts beginning in 2020:

American receiver Devin Lucien (6-2, 200, Arizona)
American receiver ArDarius Stewart (6-0, 205, Alabama)
American running back James Williams (6-0, 205, Washington State)

Looks like Stewart has used up his NFL chances... could be a nice find 

Gone are the days of April forum posts complaining about us not signing any REC prospects... ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...