WF - Bombers @ Riders

JCon

14 minutes ago, Stickem said:

NEVER...never underestimate your opponent.....We have to file this win AGAINST cAL

Pulled muscles in your back can be a real bugger....You think that you can do what you usually do...you baby the area...but when you ask the back to perform a little out of the ordinary...sometimes just a bit ...it can double you over...Fajardo is in a binder... IF they're not putting us all on they are in a deep pile of doo doo

An oblique injury is not just some Robaxacet away from feeling decent type back strain.

The pain radiates all over your core.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

injury like that too gets in your head..and you get leary and almost subconsciously not able to really let it go for fear of re-injure and this is gonna lead to interception heaven..so please please let him play... 

Yup, which is why I was chuckling at TSN going ape **** over Kamars return. Dont get me wrong, it's great he was able to recover and come back...but 1st game back in those conditions with the injury he suffered. He wasnt going to do sweet **** all. Guaranteed he was cognizant of every step he took while running.

Just now, Fan Boy said:

I thought it was obliques ie abdomen but the same applies. Everything involving throwing or running is going to be affected by oblique problem. If Fajardo has oblique problem I can't see him being effective at all. Even his little spin wouldn't work as well. 

It is a core injury, it is just a huge muscle group.

27 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

From RF.com :

Ya you are correct that I had forgot that in the Banjo bowl he played pretty well. I had to go rewatch the highlightes. Bunch of idiots our oline was on the fumble let Willie walk in untouched up the gut....thats a terrible idea. Willie did have a big whiff though on CF's TD run, but not the only player to miss CF this season. Im a huge Jefferson fan but he was fairly quiet this season as a whole outside of a few games.

MOST OUTSTANDING DEFENSIVE PLAYER

Most-Outstanding-Defensive-Player-800x45

In his first season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Willie Jefferson set a career-high 12 sacks, added 24 tackles and an interception, forced six fumbles and recovered two, registered five tackles for a loss and set a CFL record with 16 pass knockdowns. Jefferson led the Bombers defence to league-highs in opponent rushing yards, turnovers forced and pass knockdowns.

I will say this, 12 sacks - especially with one on the final seven games - isn't exactly world beating. His tackle totals are low too.

His pass knockdowns are what stick out this season.

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

This is my ultimate revenge game as a fan. Who else remembers the 1972 Western Final? Who the teams were? Where they finished in the standings? The horrible way the Bombers lost that game? For us old timers with lonnnnnnnnng memories, just  how glorious will it be if we beat the Riders in their home park? In front of their fans? And how good will it feel for us to break their hearts???

The teams are the same but the standings reversed. They're hosting instead of us. Pressure is on them to win in front of their own fans in their House in front of a big crowd.  I've waited 47 years for this game. Please Bombers, wash the stench of that loss in 1972 away finally. FINALLY!!!

Looking at the roster for 1972 I definitely remember the names like Mini Mack  and Big Bill Frank and Don Jonas too but I can't remember individual games. I tip my hat to your holding the bitterness for all that time. I predict you will have release this weekend. You can laugh this Sunday like I am sure we here all did last Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Fan Boy said:

Looking at the roster for 1972 I definitely remember the names like Mini Mack  and Big Bill Frank and Don Jonas too but I can't remember individual games. I tip my hat to your holding the bitterness for all that time. I predict you will have release this weekend. You can laugh this Sunday like I am sure we here all did last Sunday. 

I have hated the Riders with every fibre of my being everyday, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 12 months a year, 52 weeks & 365 days a year ever since that loss. Any day is a great day when the Riders lose. 

23 minutes ago, White Out said:

Holy **** 

It's Wednesday. I am in a glass case of emotion. 

No kidding. A bunch of buddies are getting together to watch it, ive already told them I wont be there. I wasn't able to watch last weeks game so you gotta go with what works. Don't wanna jinx it. Lol.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have hated the Riders with every fibre of my being everyday, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 12 months a year, 52 weeks & 365 days a year ever since that loss. Any day is a great day when the Riders lose. 

I hope the riders don't see this and put it on their bulletin board lol.

1 minute ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

No kidding. A bunch of buddies are getting together to watch it, ive already told them I wont be there. I wasn't able to watch last weeks game so you gotta go with what works. Don't wanna jinx it. Lol.

I always found listening to an important Bomber game that meant so much to me on radio hard to take back in the days of blackouts or games not being televised. I'd have to turn the game off I was so nervous & then come back later praying we were winning. I find it far less stressful to watch a game on television or in person. 

36 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Reed retired in like 1975 and it takes until now for him to get a street named after him? Oh wait, most Riderfans think CFL history begins in 2007.

They waited for that street to have working indoor plumbing.  They called in 1975 and took them 44 years to show up.

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'm sure the first thing they all do is come here to start their day. I also don't think they give a rat's ass what we think. 

I found this funny... Ed Tait told me on the 'other forum' that it was part of his job to check that forum daily ( I believe it was daily but not 100%)... who knows, maybe he comes here too...

when anybody talks about an Ed Tait piece I always respond with a single word... propaganda... lol...