Ads on this site

sweep the leg

Have looked into this a bit ... 

Google has implemented a new feature called auto ads, where it basically uses AI/ML to try and better serve ads and placement.   I had turned it on a while back, but with restrictions.  I found this email from yesterday:

A few weeks ago we introduced you to a new, more customizable and powerful Auto ads. We tried to match your previous settings as closely as possible, and sent you a notification on your AdSense homepage about the settings you needed to review. Because you didn't make any changes to your settings, we applied our default settings for you.

As someone who works in software, this is something that really pisses me off.  You never unilaterally make changes to how a customers account works.   Most people never read those emails, and I almost never log into the account to see notifications.

These have been turned off.   Let me know if you are still seeing them.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Have looked into this a bit ... 

Google has implemented a new feature called auto ads, where it basically uses AI/ML to try and better serve ads and placement.   I had turned it on a while back, but with restrictions.  I found this email from yesterday:

As someone who works in software, this is something that really pisses me off.  You never unilaterally make changes to how a customers account works.   Most people never read those emails, and I almost never log into the account to see notifications.

These have been turned off.   Let me know if you are still seeing them.

Yes, they're gone. Thank you.

Don’t run the site to make money.  I’m happy to break even.     The ads do pay for hosting, software costs, prizes for Pick ‘Ems and Lock of the Week, and we’ve donated a pair of season tickets to allow those less fortunate to see Bomber games every year running the site.  

So if they are detracting from the enjoyment of the site, I’m generally against them.  

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Don’t run the site to make money.  I’m happy to break even.     The ads do pay for hosting, software costs, prizes for Pick ‘Ems and Lock of the Week, and we’ve donated a pair of season tickets to allow those less fortunate to see Bomber games every year running the site.  

So if they are detracting from the enjoyment of the site, I’m generally against them.  

Thanks Rich. I don’t know what else could be added..

By the way, was your name always ‘Rich’? 😄

Edited by Mr Dee