Matt Nichols Discredited Too Much? Passing Yards Are Meaningless

Matt needs to have his 300 yard game in the WSF.... an then his 400+ yard game in the grey cup.  If he wants to prove he can have a game like that while playing a regular season game... I would be okay with that as well.  It would just be nice to know he can pull one off.

18 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Matt needs to have his 300 yard game in the WSF.... an then his 400+ yard game in the grey cup.  If he wants to prove he can have a game like that while playing a regular season game... I would be okay with that as well.  It would just be nice to know he can pull one off.

LOL all Matt Nichols has to do is keep winning football games, protect the football and make the most of our red zone trips. I doubt he gives a **** about these arbitrary numbers. 

13 hours ago, do or die said:

For Matt's sake....hope he does not throw for 400...against the Argos...

I agree. This is little more than a scrimmage. If Nichols plays more than a quarter maybe a half, there is something wrong.

12 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Nonsense.

He does not ‘need’ to do that just to appease the fans. Besides, we’re not built that way. It’s possible, with our weapons, to hit that mark more often, but there certainly is no urgency.

Im still trying to figure out where those yard sticks were moved to for Strev and Arbuckle this last week.

I gotta say, while I truly believe we're going to beat Toronto on Friday, I also remember the 2001 GC game *shiver* and I'm not going to sit here and say that any game is a sure thing...... (But I also believe we have a much better overall team make-up, and MOS doesn't let anyone get above their raisin'...)

Just now, gcn11 said:

I think what a lot of people don't get is that if Nichols is passing for 350+ yards is probably because they shut Harris down and we are behind by multiple scores. His low yardage is somewhat by design. It's not terribly exciting to watch but we score a ton of points with our well balanced offence.

3 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

LOL all Matt Nichols has to do is keep winning football games, protect the football and make the most of our red zone trips. I doubt he gives a **** about these arbitrary numbers. 

I'll start using more lol's or smiley faces at the end of some of my posts. Lol.

5 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

People don't ask for much here. A win isn't a win until Nichols throws for 300 or even 400 yards. I'd love to see Streveler throw for 400.  Hell, I'd love to see him complete 4 passes in a row. If we win the GC & Nichols throws for 180 yards do you advocate that we give the championship to other team then because Nichols didn't earn it?

42 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

People don't ask for much here. A win isn't a win until Nichols throws for 300 or even 400 yards. I'd love to see Streveler throw for 400.  Hell, I'd love to see him complete 4 passes in a row. If we win the GC & Nichols throws for 180 yards do you advocate that we give the championship to other team then because Nichols didn't earn it?

I could actually just see people starting the MacGuire bandwagon up if he comes in in garbage time and throws a deep ball or something.

35 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

It would just be nice to see him do it a couple of times .... so that when we are down a couple of scores late in a game it would give us a glimmer of hope that matt had some throwing yards left in his game.

It would be really sweet if he could hit Demski over the middle for like an 82 yard touchdown. And I mean would it be too much for him to hit Matthews and Lucky deep? Come on, we brought these guys in to stretch the defense, do it already!

1 hour ago, NorthernSkunk said:

It would just be nice to see him do it a couple of times .... so that when we are down a couple of scores late in a game it would give us a glimmer of hope that matt had some throwing yards left in his game.

Damn, that's it. You convinced me. If we win the GC & Nichols throws for less than 300 yards, I'm going to nominate you start a petition to give the Grey Cup to the other team because Nichols soiled it for every Bomber fan out there. How could we support a man who lollygagged it for the win all season? (Well, really a loss). Killed it for all the fans in Winnipeg & everywhere else? We didn't earn it & the Bombers won't deserve it.

2 hours ago, JCon said:

Bombers won't be playing in the WSF this year. 

The season ends with a home-and-away series with the Stampeders followed by a Week 21 bye. If Winnipeg gets first place, the final game of the regular season will be October 25 and the West Final will be their next game, 23 days later on November 17... potentially also against the Stampeders.

I think I've figured out who the Nichols witch hunt leader is.  Marshall Ferguson of CFL.ca and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a certain poster here.  Man, what a fake list of QB accuracy ratings he has.

I hope he gets asked to go on the TSN game panel so Burris and Dunnigan can rip him apart for it.