Game Day Thread- Week Eighteen, GAME 16: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers October 13th, 2018

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

A QB gets blame. Why not credit

I give credit to Nichols for limiting the mistakes he was making in the 4 game skid. He's making smarter decisions in the pocket for sure. But in regards to the Sask game he had one completed pass for positive yards in the entire first quarter that amounted for almost half his total in the game. In the next two quarters he put up a grand total of 84 yards. For a team looking to make a run at the playoffs that should be at least somewhat worrying, no?

4 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

I give credit to Nichols for limiting the mistakes he was making in the 4 game skid. He's making smarter decisions in the pocket for sure. But in regards to the Sask game he had one completed pass for positive yards in the entire first quarter that amounted for almost half his total in the game. In the next two quarters he put up a grand total of 84 yards. For a team looking to make a run at the playoffs that should be at least somewhat worrying, no?

I'm not sure you can hang that all on Nichols. I'd be looking Lapo's way as well.

9 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

Nope. Not in the context of that game. 

Lapo does this thing where if the offence doesn't need to move theball he won't let it cause he'll call the most bullshit safe game plan you've ever seen. 

Saturdays game was a classic case of show up, score 2 touchdowns then the Bombers all but leave the stadium on offence cause they don't need to be there anymore. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Lapo does this thing where if the offence doesn't need to move theball he won't let it cause he'll call the most bullshit safe game plan you've ever seen. 

Saturdays game was a classic case of show up, score 2 touchdowns then the Bombers all but leave the stadium on offence cause they don't need to be there anymore. 

They were pretty aggressive when they were up by fourteen nothing conservative about the calls he made with Streveler in. 31-0 was very conservative but you can’t blame them then.

Nichols isn’t going to win us games on his own.  He isn’t that kind of quarterback and truly few are.

He will be involved in 3-4 big plays a game and if the majority of those go our way we have a great chance to win.  If they go the other way we probably lose.

We have a defense and special teams built to make big plays as well, turn the ball over.  That makes up for what we lack behind centre.  We have the best starting field position in the league for 3 years running.  If Nichols can manage 3 first downs every drive and the odd big play we easily score enough points to win every game.

9 hours ago, Deiter Fan said:

The TEAM wins 31-0 and you come out the other end worrying about Nichols' individual stats???  Credit must be given to the efficiency the Bombers used to dispose of the Riders, all 3 phases played very well, not a lot of mistakes were made.  Next game is next game and different circumstances will be at play but if Nichols and crew perform with the same efficiency they will most likely win, no matter who the opponent.

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What I really like about this year's game plan is they rarely abandon the run-game, that can make the O look very conservative but for the most part it pays dividends.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

What I really like about this year's game plan is they rarely abandon the run-game, that can make the O look very conservative but for the most part it pays dividends.

I agree with your assessment. I would have like to see them put more points on the board in the second half but on the other hand they were able to sit some folks and play some backups. That will pay dividends down the road if/when we run into more injuries. And I like the fact they stayed with the ground game throughout the second half. Going to get colder out and that is when your ground attack pays dividends.

19 hours ago, Tracker said:

Why should anyone give a rat's butt about how Nichols did or did not strut? Like it or not, the fate of the 2018 Bombers is tied to Nichols and this argument is like debating how many angels could dance on the head of a pin. So long as he wins, he can do pirouettes in a tutu at midfield.

I think that would in fact result in a penalty so no. 

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

Anyone ever seen Dieter fan and Northern Skunk in the same room together? 

No. But I was thinking they are protecting their fragile egos by having a built in excuse and scape goat prompting an “I’m so smart” response, should the Bombers lose at anytime in post season.

Id think the admins could tell if they are related. 

And by golly, that last sign off with “Cheers”, rings a bell somehow. 

Edited by Rod Black

1 hour ago, Fan Boy said:

I think that would in fact result in a penalty so no. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

not anymore.  Diversity is strength.

Props are allowed in celebrations now too, so probably not a penalty.

On 2018-10-15 at 3:15 PM, Deiter Fan said:

I suppose if it was just this one game I would agree but this has been typical of his play all year...even going back to the end of last year.

A guy that feels the need to strut like that after completing one pass tells me he isn't all that confident in himself.

I'm glad we got the win but I have real concerns  about Nichols and I don't think the kind of numbers he's putting up will lead us to the promised land.

Sigmund Freud ladies and gentlemen..

Watched the game too and Have to congratulate the Bombers on putting on such a clinic against the Riders. Such an enjoyable game to watch.

the goose egg seems to be karma from the last game when a handful of Rider players ran up to your stands and taunted your fans.

With all the injuries Stamps have been facing, I’m feeling better with our odds against them this week