Game Day Thread- Week Eighteen, GAME 16: Saskatchewan @ Winnipeg Blue Bombers October 13th, 2018

IT"S GAME DAY!!!! Time for some retribution! 

DIE YOU SUCK GREENIES, DIE YOU SUCK!!!

ssk-vs-wpg.jpg

GAME 16 | SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS (10-5) at WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS (8-7)

THE 4-1-1

Kickoff: 1 p.m. Saturday; Investors Group Field
TV: TSN, ESPN+
Radio: CJOB
The forecast: Periods of rain or snow. High plus 4C.
Vegas line: The Bombers are favoured by 3.5 points.
Streaks: Saskatchewan: 3W; Winnipeg: 3W
Home/Road: The Bombers are 4-3 at home; the Riders are 5-2 on the road.
Series: The Bombers lead the all-time series (since 1936) 134-104-4.
Recent history: The Riders have won both meetings against the clubs this season, having captured the Labour Day Classic 31-23 in Regina and the Banjo Bowl 32-27 a week later here in Winnipeg.

(With Thanks to Ed Tait)

Depth-VS-SASKATCHEWAN-1-1600x1107.jpg

DpUWwoQWwAEOWlQ.jpg:large

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

11 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Hopefully this is the game that Matty breaks that elusive 300 yards passing,  and the Bombers put a very very serious scare into the rider blowhards. 

I'd like to see that but considering the weather, it's gonna come down to the run game and the trenches....... Luckily, we've got the upper hand in that department.

38 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Blustery weather dictates that this game will be fought in the trenches. Our O line is better than Riders but Mason and Thigpen need to be contained. Special teams and kick returns could be big. It's going to come down to fewest turnovers.

I agree with the weather conditions I believe it will be won or lost in the trenches. I think our OL is better then the riders however their DL is better than ours - so I see this as a wash. It will be whoever makes the fewest mistakes that will come out on top and in cases like this I have some trepidation around MN. He tends to panic too easily.

I see this game as a battle between two good teams that have gelled and are playing some good ball. It's going to be a battle of wills and who cracks first. Here's hoping MOS's faith in his offensive, defensive, and special teams coordinators is well placed. If the coaches and players are all on the same page, and at this point in the season they have to be, then we can win this. We don't need anything spectacular, like last game. All we need is for everyone to be responsible, play within themselves and for each other, and to play as a team in all three phases of the game. Go Blue!

Helmet.jpg