LDC/Banjo Bowl

Floyd

12 minutes ago, White Out said:

The record of labour day speaks for itself. Compare the Riders overall win loss to the ldc win loss. It's a simple question of why the Riders in history have blown as an organization yet still on ldc more often than not embarrass the Bombers. 

Bombers are gonna be getting their tails kicked real good again this weekend. This is something you can count on, even when they have a decent team, which this year they do not.

Is Dress playing?...I always like it when Dress is playing, he gives us that little extra against the green guys...I'm hoping for big extra but he's a small guy....I know he'd like to return home with the 2pts....especially against those yokels, then add 2 more the following week in the plunk,plunk,plunk...Is there a football god listening...…………..……………...hopefully

Things are typically not as bad as they appear to be when things appear bad and things are not as good as they appear to be when they appear to be good.  Winnipeg's defense played lights out for 2 and a half quarters in Calgary.  But after so many 2 and outs by the bombers offense eventually Calgary is going to get some things figured out. The defense starts to think they need to win the game for the team with a turnover and end up cheating ect.   Had the bombers offense done anything outside of the Streveler trick play to Lankford they probably would have done something that is rarely done which is win a game in Calgary. Personally, this one is more on the offense than the defense to me. The defense even came up with a key short yardage turnover late in the game to give the offense a chance. But of course, it only led to a field goal.

Saskatchewan is playing good football but by no means are they the Calgary Stampeders. Winnipeg will likely split the home and home series with the Riders and then have a bye-week before hosting Montreal. At that point the team will be 7-6 and very much still in contention for a home playoff game.

9 minutes ago, ddanger said:

I also think a split is coming....perhaps during the upcoming bye week we could see a coaching change on defense.

A split would keep things status quo as that equates to a 500 season.....which lots of people seem to be happy accomplishing. Which means nobody gets fired anywhere.

If one team was to take both games right now. With the way both teams are trending. I don’t believe it would be the Bombers. I believe SK may have a better chance. 

What I truly feel is going to happen is a split. 

Edited by 3RD AND 1
Didn’t want any hassle

9 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Collaros ain't BLM and our D held us in until very late against the Stamps despite the offense leaving them high and dry all game long after the first handful of series. Avoid turning the ball over and they should beat Saskatchewan without much issue. 

I fully expect Sask's D to score 2 TD's on us in Regina.  Unless something mystical happens in Nichols sleep where he figures out how to handle a blitz he's going to have a hell of a time, I mean look what they did to BLM.  I'm not sure our offense will even match Sask's D in TD's.

5 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I fully expect Sask's D to score 2 TD's on us in Regina.  Unless something mystical happens in Nichols sleep where he figures out how to handle a blitz he's going to have a hell of a time, I mean look what they did to BLM.  I'm not sure our offense will even match Sask's D in TD's.

215px-Debbie_Downer.PNG

I am choosing to believe that they will pull their heads out of their asses. 

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Collaros ain't BLM and our D held us in until very late against the Stamps despite the offense leaving them high and dry all game long after the first handful of series. Avoid turning the ball over and they should beat Saskatchewan without much issue. 

What's your definition of very late?  3 minutes into second half?  They made adjustments, you made none.  It was over the second they scored.  Not saying the Bombers couldn't beat the Riders, because they sure could. Without much issue is about as much of a pipe dream as I heard in a while.  Look at the Riders stats against the run, which is all you have.  Not a good match up

Matt starts...if he doesn't perform OSH gives him the hook at the right time.....then BIG CHRIS is called in.....an the riders don't know how to adjust to Big Chris and it gives us enough to win the game........

Or Matt and everyone supports each other and pulls out a win. 

Either or I am hoping for.

9 minutes ago, Ripper said:

What's your definition of very late?  3 minutes into second half?

What? The game was still a one-score game with 9 minutes left in the 4th (15-22) and with 2 minutes left in the 4th (18-25)... certainly giving up +500 yards isn't ideal, but up until that point the D had pretty much solely kept the Bombers in that game. I'm not saying our D is good by any stretch, but they did a kept the Stamps off the scoreboard for close to 50 minutes of the game. If the offense responds when it is 15-22 with a major, or even just a sustained drive - maybe they get the breaks they needed.

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

....then BIG CHRIS is called in.....an the riders don't know how to adjust to Big Chris

Please don't try to make this nickname a thing... just... don't.

I heard Matty  saying it  on the tv during the game.....when they would go short yardage An bring Chris in Matt would go running off the field with his arms up yelling " BIG CHRIS...BIG CHRIS" ..... then Chris would do his thing, I just thought it was cool. 

Edited by NorthernSkunk

10 hours ago, Eternal optimist said:

What? The game was still a one-score game with 9 minutes left in the 4th (15-22) and with 2 minutes left in the 4th (18-25)... certainly giving up +500 yards isn't ideal, but up until that point the D had pretty much solely kept the Bombers in that game. I'm not saying our D is good by any stretch, but they did a kept the Stamps off the scoreboard for close to 50 minutes of the game. If the offense responds when it is 15-22 with a major, or even just a sustained drive - maybe they get the breaks they needed.

I should re phrase that a bit.  I felt at that time when they marched 80 yards or what ever it was on two plays and scored, that the defense had their spirit broken. It was a one score game you are right but Nichols was doing **** all, and Calgary kept moving the ball when they had it so it wasn't hard to see what direction the game was trending after that early td.  

13 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Collaros will pick them apart.

2 hours ago, bryan35 said:

Collaros will pick them apart.

Disagree. Collaros is no Bo Levi even though he has some very good receivers to work with. I expect that most of the Bomber troubles will come from the Rider D-line and linebackers. Rider defensive backfield is suspect but I do not think that Nichols is good enough at this point to take advantage of that. I suspect a grinding low-scoring game with at least one QB carried off the field.

was just talking to a customer out in Regina... they very much doubt their offence over there too.  Doubts Collaros can put together a string of games.   Said 'well you might be getting just the cure unless our front 7 can get pressure!'.   They aren't super confident in their squad either.