As a competing fan. You can see greatness coming

3rd & 1

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Hogtied... Please. He's had weapons on his defense for a while now (try going back to 2016) and while the addition of Bighill has been absolutely massive, Hall's system is still questionable at times and his ability to make adjustments also leaves something to be desired at times. He's a pretty decent to good DC whose system thrives when it has the right personnel. But so does any other system, so that's a moot point.

And no, Winnipeg wasn't ready to toss O'Shea. His first two seasons were rough but that was to be expected and anyone expecting a quick fix from the smouldering rubble left behind was kidding themselves. And that loyalty to Willy nonsense is just... well, nonsense.

When any team struggles it's more often than not due to a lack of talent, especially a lack of talent at key positions. Any flatbilly should be able to appreciate that.

I would disagree with you on O’Shea’s situation with the club. After going 7-11 in 2014 and then 5-13 in 2015.

Willy got his big contract  

O’Shea needed 2016 to be a good year. It started out bad. Willy couldn’t run the offence. The loses started right off the bat. The discussion all across the league was at what point or how many loses will it be when O’Shea is let go. 

When Mike went to Matt Nichols and he ran the offence right away and showed he could win and was the better QB. Mike stuck with him and had a great season at 11-7. 

Honestly if Coach O’Shea would have continued below .500 in 2016 you have to admit his job would have been toast. 

When the head coach comes out and states he’s going to start helping Richie Hall with the Defence and the fans are all calling for Halls job. It’s pretty tough to work under those conditions. Having a good defence but a hole here or there. We both know that an kill you. The Bombers were lucky that their Canadian MLB went to FA and Hill became available. That guy is like 3 LBs in one. 

3 minutes ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Why would you say that? Did you not watch the Riders go into Edmonton and take the game right to the wire? Or when they went into Hamilton and beat them very convincingly. 

Now that Collaros is back they should do just fine. Bridge is a back up QB. 

what 17to85 said for starters...Sask has regressed based on pre-season opinion alone.

Now they have jettisoned their best offensive player...sure they took Edmonton to the wire...but Edm isn't that good and their record flatters them..Christ T.O beat them and then they barely eeked out a win against them in the second game...you guys would have lost to them as well if Trestman challenged that obvious PI call on your pick 6.

Also Ottawa schooled you guys...yet they barely beat Mtl..so what does that say about the Riders?? 

And seriouslly??...you think Collaros is a saviour and top tier??...eegads...one modestly average game against a suspect Edm defense wouldn't give me feelings of fuzzyness....Check back after the weekend and how he performed against CGY....if he even lasts the whole game

No problem. Let’s check back. Everyone has their own opinion. It’s all in how ones mind perceives things.  

Ypur going back to the beginning of the season when Ottawa solidly beat SK in Ottawa.

Then you go on to say that the EE are not a very good team..... What does that make Winnipeg? As the EE rode into the Bombers Stadium and went home with a victory  

See.... it’s just perception and opinions. It all depends on whether your buying or selling. 

Some teams start a little slower but come on strong. While other teams start faster and choke out at the end of the season  2017 was a good example of that for several teams  

yeah barely...in a weird stop and go game...with a QB at the helm who was exposed to the canadian game for 3 weeks..and only one week as a guy prepping to be a starter..so yeah...Edm is a smoke and mirror team...and yeah stand by the notion they are not as good as their record

17 hours ago, 3RD AND 1 said:

Man I don’t understand some people. Insecurity causes anger.

Why do you come throwing daggers like that. It’s a friggen football game which is strictly entertainment. it’s suppose to be fun. You sound like blue and gold are your gang colours. Listen up Im here to talk football  nothing else . I’m not here being nicety nice as you put it. Im impressed with the Bombers so far this year. But like anything else  it can change  

Why is it so hard for people to stay on topic. 

I am the latest American "hoser" (I wear that term with pride on this forum ... ha ha) to convert from the NFL to the CFL (and become a Bombers fan) and I am confused by your post.  

What is going on here? (ha ha) Can a Bomber fan explain it to me.....in terms an American would understand?  If you were south of the border it would be like having a Whiner fan compliment the Raiders.  Or a Deadskins fans complimenting the Cowboys.  (ha ha)  Have I entered a parallel universe of niceness or logged into the wrong forum?  (ha ha)

3 hours ago, DougR said:

I am the latest American "hoser" (I wear that term with pride on this forum ... ha ha) to convert from the NFL to the CFL (and become a Bombers fan) and I am confused by your post.  

What is going on here? (ha ha) Can a Bomber fan explain it to me.....in terms an American would understand?  If you were south of the border it would be like having a Whiner fan compliment the Raiders.  Or a Deadskins fans complimenting the Cowboys.  (ha ha)  Have I entered a parallel universe of niceness or logged into the wrong forum?  (ha ha)

You cannot officially be a hoser until you have employed the technique or at least know what it means.

1 hour ago, DougR said:

Yes, it's a dirty rider fan who seems to understand the current standings of the league and has decided to tell people that. Though he seems sincere, never trust a rider fan.

Heh guys, a Rider fan came on here and complimented us. So leave it at that. I think as long as we have Kyle Walters running the show we should be alright. 

This thread is a nice break from what I have to listen to here in SK (Rod Peterson 620 radio Regina). Yesterday he was saying how the Riders are ahead of the Bombers at this stage of their rebuild 2 1/2 years into the Jones era.  (I'm not sure what our record was 2 1/2 years into O Shea's time then, but I wouldn't be bragging if I were him). Then he went on to insult the Eskimos saying "how many cups have you won since Jones left"? He constantly brags that the Riders should have got to the Cup last year (but leaves out the fact they were 4th in west and beat Hamilton with a drugged up RB). 

All that to say that I welcome a comment from a Rider fan who is in touch with reality.

1 hour ago, DougR said:

The Riders were a **** team for ages, like complete tire fire, but they had a small die hard fan base, then when thing started to improve for the team the national media started a great big circle jerk about how super duper awesome Rider fans were (and the fans at the time were). This led to everyone and their dog jumping on the bandwagon pretending to be a life long die hard Rider fan because it was a way to validate their shitty choice of living in Saskatchewan. Nothing more annoying than bandwagon jumpers pretending to be huge fans. I have respect for the actual die hard Rider fans, but the people who hopped on the bandwagon when it was cool have made the fans of that team absolutely insufferable. The fact that TSN is fully on board with the Rider circle jerk is even more nauseating. Go read the pre-season prognostications, tons of people completely writing off the Bombers despite their record over the past few seasons while expecting big things from the Riders who have been and continue to be a **** team over the same span. 

They are awful people and not even real CFL fans. Most of the posters on this site are not only Bomber fans but CFL fans in general, Rider fans are just trash that deserves to be treated as such. 

2 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

(Rod Peterson 620 radio Regina). Yesterday he was saying how the Riders are ahead of the Bombers at this stage of their rebuild 2 1/2 years into the Jones era.  (I'm not sure what our record was 2 1/2 years into O Shea's time then, but I wouldn't be bragging if I were him).

2 and a half years into the Walters/O'Shea era yes the record wasn't great, but it was after a 1-4 start in the 3rd year that they went on a 7 game win streak I believe and have never looked back. Here is the difference, yes the Bombers started out awfully, but they were starting with nothing and worked slowly building up their NI depth, which is what has allowed them to turn into the team they are today. In his 2 and a half years in Saskatchewan Jones has obliterated that teams Canadian depth and wasted draft picks like it's going out of style. It's a complete fabrication to pretend that the Riders are in a better position now than the Bombers were at the same point in the rebuilds because Walters was actually building with an eye to long term sustainability, Jones is throwing **** at the wall hoping something sticks. He's treating that team the way Mike Kelly treated the Bombers, the difference is that the Bombers were smart enough to only give Kelly one year to **** things up. Mike Kelly managed to get a few wins, but he was in no way setting the team up for any success long term. 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

agreed...the fanbase there is not in touch with reality and march to the beat of the idiot Pederson and his drivel

When you consider that "fan" is an abbreviation for "fanatic", it gives a better perspective. A fanatic is one who will not change his mind or the subject no matter what evidence there is to the contrary.

On 2018-08-13 at 9:37 AM, 17to85 said:

The riders still suck and you should feel bad cheering for them.

On 2018-08-13 at 10:52 AM, 17to85 said:

You're a rider fan, you're trash and I don't understand the need some of you have to come and spew this BS phony nicey nice crap. You're all cockroaches, no one likes you, go away. 

23 hours ago, 17to85 said:

No it's the realization that the Riders have been a tire fire this whole time and is running away from the **** show that's going on on the rider forums by trying to ingratiate himself here. No dice, you believed in the Jones **** show, you live with the fall out on your own forum. 

Dude.. You are a tool. 

Another Fan from the league starts a thread about how good of a team he thinks we have and that its showing itself to be a rising star and as much as it hurts him to say he thinks they are one of the better (best) teams in the league. You don't know if he ever bought into the Jones shows. 

For rider fans you bash your should stop and look in the mirror and see you are the bomber equivalent here.  Maybe take a break for the forum for a bit.  He didn't say one thing negative about our team or even bring up anything about his team and you go ******* mental on him

Thanks for derailing a perfectly fine thread.

Idiot.  

1 hour ago, Mike said:

"Canada's Team"

That was easily the most cringe-worthy move the Riders tried to push onto the rest of Canada. They had no idea that everyone was laughing at them. I'm glad that nonsense lasted 2 years then disappeared when they finally realized how ridiculous it was. 

No one in Toronto even knows what Saskatchewan is for god's sake.