Tiger Cats @ Larks

Zontar

surprising that bede has not had a punt blocked yet.

Although teams seem in general to be staying away from trying to block punts. at least I don't recall seeing many this season.

edit ....just remembered the Bombers blocked one for a touchdown

Edited by Mark F

48 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He showed glimpses of what he could do but Matt Dunnigan was bang on. As a QB you fully learn the Defense first before even thinking Offense. It showed on his first throw how right Matt Dunnigan was.

I thought JM2 would be better too. Same style of QB as Vernon Adams so Khari would not need to tweak MTL schemes. Clearly it was a gross error to think Manziel could succeed after just a few days of practice. Even Adams, with 4 years in the CFL, couldn't do much behind that O-line. But that MTL team is just plain bad - from the coaching on down. Kavis Reed is being revealed as a joke, again. I feel sorry for the fans in Montreal. This is bad for whole league.

15 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Wonder if Henoc is happy with his choice....

I'm sure he's quite happy when he cashes his game cheques.

But interestingly enough.  I predict another Henoc Muamba release in the off season.  Once again he signs a multi year contract but will only see 1 year of it.  Another perfect example of taking the money over the right fit.

Looks good on him though. 

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

The attempts by TSN to pump Manziel’s tires were simply pathetic. Watch the game recap (on cfl.ca), they actually sound desperate. 

I don't know about that,   after the first quarter they called it what it is that he was thrown in to early and made a lot of mistakes.    Dunigan at half time looked nearly like he was going to scream at Climie for suggesting that it was a good idea at him playing.   

Even Rod Black was making jokes about how bad the game went in the 2nd half.  

What we are seeing in Montreal is a nauseating replay of the Gliberguys regime during those dark days in Ottawa. Incompetent owners hiring incompetent people on a whim or by personal like and that is filtering down all the way to the field. There is no easy or quick fix for this and the well has been poisoned for any GM or coach who comes next.

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

What we are seeing in Montreal is a nauseating replay of the Gliberguys regime during those dark days in Ottawa. Incompetent owners hiring incompetent people on a whim or by personal like and that is filtering down all the way to the field. There is no easy or quick fix for this and the well has been poisoned for any GM or coach who comes next.

This is why I said once that Andrew Wettenhall is as bad as Bernie Glieberman and should be voted off the CFL Board of Governors and forced to sell MTL.

Theories abound on J. Manziel’s failed CFL debut. One thing that is irrefutable—The Cdn game is very different, 12th man, field size, motion etc., and J. Football simply hasn’t progressed far enough down the steep learning curve to draw any finite conclusions on his upside.

these comments about Johnny football makes strevelers debut in the CFL even more exciting right (?)...

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don't know about that,   after the first quarter they called it what it is that he was thrown in to early and made a lot of mistakes.    Dunigan at half time looked nearly like he was going to scream at Climie for suggesting that it was a good idea at him playing.   

Even Rod Black was making jokes about how bad the game went in the 2nd half.  

Watch the highlights. 

2 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Theories abound on J. Manziel’s failed CFL debut. One thing that is irrefutable—The Cdn game is very different, 12th man, field size, motion etc., and J. Football simply hasn’t progressed far enough down the steep learning curve to draw any finite conclusions on his upside.

these comments about Johnny football makes Streveler's debut in the CFL even more exciting right (?)...

The issue that many big-name athletes who have excelled at the amateur level have is that they assume that they know it all and thus are reluctant to accept coaching, and that has to be true for Manziel moving "down" to the CFL from the NFL. That would explain why he was criticized in Hamilton for being late to and missing team meetings,  but bodes poorly for his future here unless he undertakes a major attitude adjustment.

14 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

He showed glimpses of what he could do but Matt Dunnigan was bang on. As a QB you fully learn the Defense first before even thinking Offense. It showed on his first throw how right Matt Dunnigan was.

Dunnigan is right, Manziel needs to spend at least a year or two standing on the sidelines paying attention and watching intently. Rushing him into action after a week of practice is a lose-lose proposition that will bring consequences for all. I'm appalled people expect any different result.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Dunnigan is right, Manziel needs to spend at least a year or two standing on the sidelines paying attention and watching intently. Rushing him into action after a week of practice is a lose-lose proposition that will bring consequences for all. I'm appalled people expect any different result.

Yet Streveler just popped up on the scene and did very well.  TSN needs better scouts. 

6 hours ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Yet Streveler just popped up on the scene and did very well.  TSN needs better scouts. 

If Streveler was forced to play the entire season with the current lineup, I would predict a 4 win season, beating up only on the weak sisters. Expectations of grand success are overly optimistic, once teams game planned for him they''d confine him and shut him down. Athletic ability can only carry a QB so far after that success is based on ability to execute the O scheme as planned, which takes time to internalize.

38 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Saw an interesting article, Als sold an additional 2000+ tickets for Friday's game, plus have sold lots of Johnny Merch.

Yeah TSN had said they sold them out.  Unfortunately for Als fans, they bought Wettenhall and Reed's scam completely.