Week 4 Hamilton @ Saskatchewan

johnzo

Both teams mostly standling pat from last week. Bridge starts and Carter is at CB for the Roughriders.

John White draws onto the 46 for the Hamilton and Saskatchewan swaps out backup import OL Jarvis Harrison for import backup OL Takoby Cofield.

Hamilton will have at least 7 OL on the game roster.

Screenshot_from_2018-07-04_10-54-02.png

DhRfLHXVMAAXS6C.jpg:large

Edited by johnzo

Ya know i am probably the only poster on MBB that thought Jones was a good coach but not sold on his abilities as a GM. Now with this Carter fiasco i am wondering if his one Grey cup went to his head. The guy has lost it over Carter...🙄😉

4 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Ya know i am probably the only poster on MBB that thought Jones was a good coach but not sold on his abilities as a GM. Now with this Carter fiasco i am wondering if his one Grey cup went to his head. The guy has lost it over Carter...🙄😉

Trouble is that the GM likes gimmicks....and the HC just goes along with it.

Yeah have a gut feeling this is going to be an ugly game ...again for Sask and will look very out classed. 

I think this is the game too where we see Carter really implode on filed..and or on the sidelines and it will make for great T.V

It's very realistic and probable that they will be a 1-7 team after 8 games...at best 2-6....In the CFL with no QB...no O-line = No Chance

This roster is basically the same crap Jones employed last week. If it couldn't beat Montreal, it can't beat Hamilton.

52-10 Hamilton. This one's going to be a dumpster fire.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Too bad both these teams couldn't lose this game. Despise them both for different reasons.

Be a good game to see Johnny M.

Hope both offenses falter and Johnny M comes in and throws game winning TD against Carter.

10-3 final for the standings.

It's also distinctly possible that Hamilton destroys us so badly that they give Masoli a rest and bring in Manziel towards the end.

Edited by AtlanticRiderFan

8 minutes ago, AtlanticRiderFan said:

It's also distinctly possible that Hamilton destroys us so badly that they give Masoli a rest and bring in Manziel towards the end.

That's what I'm hoping to see that's for sure. I hated the Bomber game on Friday but the game on Saturday helped me through the weekend lol!

I wanna see Masoli go the distance in a blowout, keep Johnny Football watching from the bench. 

Wanna hear ESPN talk about how Manziel couldn't get playing time in Hamilton because he wasn't the best QB on the TiCats roster.

So I guess Zack Evans is their backup OL...?  Or are they burning a DI on the OL

Is that Jordan Reaves at DE???  I thought he was cut

Messam must be wondering why he signed in Sask...

Maybe Jones wants to get fired and just get paid out

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Anybody else baffled that Jones still dresses 9 DL but has 4.5 DBs on the roster with two safeties? I mean come an injury to a DB, you're doing what using MOB or Edem as a DB? Oh and Jordan Reaves on the roster is a sign that you NI depth is like a unicorn.

Apparently, and this isn't a joke, their kick returner Jones is the backup DB, listed as a backup slot on the roster.

Hamilton at Saskatchewan:  CFL - Game Notes

The Riders come into this matchup with Hamilton with a 3-game winning streak over them and with wins in 4 of the last 5 games played in Regina. Their sweep over Hamilton in 2017 was built on a 6-2 edge in Turnovers and having built a 17-point lead in each contest. Brandon Bridge's only 2017 QB start was against the Ti-Cats in September.

-👁‍🗨 They’ll need more than 6 turnovers to win this one

Jeremiah Masoli 300+: Comes into this week with 8 consecutive 300-yard passing games, can pass Mike Reilly (2015-16) and Anthony Calvillo (2012) and move into a tie with record holders Sam Etcheverry (1956) and Kent Austin (1991) who each masde it to 9 games in a row of 300+ passing yards. Masoli has thrown just 4 interceptions in his 291 pass attempts during his 8-game run and his 70.5% completion % is well above Etcheverry's and Austin's in their streaks. 👁‍🗨 I see a record tie coming up...

At 348.3 yards per game thus far, Masoli is on pace for a 6,270-yard season - well above the Hamilton club record of 5,367 yards set by Henry Burris in 2012. The 6k passing mark has only ever been reached 5 times in all of CFL history and not since 2004 (Calvillo, 6,041 yards).

Hamilton at 2-1: The Ti-Cats were last at 2-1 to start a season back in 2009 - they had a streak of 8 consecutive seasons across 2010 to 2017 in which they were NOT above .500 through their first three games.

- Hamilton 2nd halves: The last two games, the Tiger-Cats have allowed just 7 points in each 2nd half and have a 29-14 edge.

- Saskatchewan Defence / Two-&-Outs: The Riders forced Montreal into 13 Two-&-Outs last week - that is the most by any CFL team in almost 5 years dating back to Winnipeg's 14 Two-&-Outs on Sep 27/13 vs BC. The total of 21 outs in the MTL-SSK game last week was just 3 short of the most since the CFL began to track them in 2007 (CFL record 24, 2 times).

- Saskatchewan slow starts: A Rider loss this week would mean a fourth consecutive season at 1-3 or less after 4 games. Since 2015, they have been much stronger in the second half of the year. In the first 9 games over that period they are a combined 7-23 .233, and yet have raised that to a 12-15 .444 mark over the second half of those three seasons (2015-17).

- 4 Interceptions: The Riders tossed 4 interceptions last week - the most by a Saskatchewan team since Aug 20/16 (5 Ints vs HAM). - 13: Namaan Roosevelt was targeted 13 times last week, one short of his career-high of 14. He extended his reception streak to 38. - Messam: Suited up for the Riders but did not get a single carry for the first time since September 21, 2014 (a run of 59 games). - Brett Lauther: Made all 3 FGAs last week to run his streak to 8 (since missing his first attempt of the year). Leads CFL with 8 FGs. - Charleston Hughes: Added his 103rd Career Sack last week and leads the CFL with 4. He is two short of a tie for #10 all-time.

- Larry Dean: Leads the Ti-Cats with 17 tackles thus far, good for #4 in the CFL through Week #3. He is #4 with 22 Defensive Plays.

- Christion Jones 3K: To Week #3 leads the entire CFL in Combined Yards with 531 and on pace for a 3000+ yard season. Only one other Rider has ever had more than 3,000 yards in a single season - Corey Holmes in 2005 with a club record 3,455 yards. JOnes rtanks #3 in the CFL in both punt return average (14.5) and kickoff return average (24.3).

- 5 Receivers only: Last week, the Ti-Cats threw to only 5 different players - the lowest total since 2007 (data available to then).

- Top 6 CFL Receivers: The Ti-Cats focus on so few receivers in 2018 means that they have 3 of the Top 6 and 5 of the CFL's Top 14 leaders. Hamilton's running backs have been targeted only 6 times all season with just 3 receptions.

- Shaq Evans: Despite having only 12 targets, Evans leads the Riders with 133 receiving yards. He is 2-of-4 on deep 20+ yard passes. - Brandon Banks: Posted a CFL-high 16 target last week, the most by any CFL player since S.J. Green had 18 in Week #3 last year.

- Banks II: Over his last 13 starts, Banks has averaged 92.8 yards per game - equivalent to 1,670 yard pace for a full season.

- 12 in a row: Lirim Hajrullahu's made FG streak is now up to 12 in a row, just 3 short of his career-long run of 15 straight (2016).

- Few Close Games: Of the 14 Riders-Ti-Cats meetings since 2011, just two have been decided by 4 points or less.

- Slow starts: A Rider loss this week would mean a fourth consecutive season at 1-3 or less after 4 games.

- Red Zone: Hamilton has cashed in on 6-of-8 Red Zone chances while the Riders have gone 2-of-4 inside the 20-yard line.

Edited by Mr Dee