Depth Charts June 14th Bombers vs Eskimos

Jpan85

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Didn't help his case with his pre season play... 

Ya he was so.... pedestrian.   not horrible but not great..

Functional?  game manager type qb if he finds his groove but dont think we have that luxury at the moment.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Ah I forgot that Boateng can never be considered a good football player because he fell down the draft board and we weren't the ones to pick him...  got it.

I guess we'll see if he's a placeholder or not tomorrow - but he sure looked good last year.

Weve passed on tons of good football players in the draft, those who fell and other wise. Where he was picked, or who by has no impact on the fact he just isnt that good of a DE. He was well below average last year.  

1 hour ago, nate007 said:

That's what I was implying. He's listed at 6'0", 250 lbs. He may be able to rush the passer, but when he's giving up 70 pounds to a tackle, I'd run it at him a few times and see how he holds up.

250 is pretty average size for a cfl DE. Weve seen much smaller guys, gavin walls and joe montford play masterfully on the end. He was much much smaller then 250 at the combine. He was 233, could he have put on 17 lbs of lean mass from then to now, possibly. Could he have from the combine to last year in edm? not lean mass no. He isnt a track athlete, but he doesnt play terribly fast either. Hes under sized and out matched athletically. He isnt polished by college DE standards, he is a young guy with a motor and the right passport. 

If trent corney didnt have NI status, his athletic ability would easily have him in the cfl. Bc wanted to sign loffler as an IMP before he qualified for NI status. Simonise was highly thought of by the bengals. Petermanns athletic ability would also have him in a camp up here even with out his pass port. If boateng didnt have NI status he never would have gotten as far as a mini camp invite as TCF, and still wouldnt.  

Maybe he turns him self into a good pro end. It could happen, other guys have seized opportunity of the pass port and done it before. Wade miller, matt sheridan, and jamie stoddard for example. But as of his play ending last year, that hasnt been him.  

Edited by wbbfan

18 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

250 is pretty average size for a cfl DE. Weve seen much smaller guys, gavin walls and joe montford play masterfully on the end. He was much much smaller then 250 at the combine. He was 233, could he have put on 17 lbs of lean mass from then to now, possibly. Could he have from the combine to last year in edm? not lean mass no. He isnt a track athlete, but he doesnt play terribly fast either. Hes under sized and out matched athletically. He isnt polished by college DE standards, he is a young guy with a motor and the right passport. 

If trent corney didnt have NI status, his athletic ability would easily have him in the cfl. Bc wanted to sign loffler as an IMP before he qualified for NI status. Simonise was highly thought of by the bengals. Petermanns athletic ability would also have him in a camp up here even with out his pass port. If boateng didnt have NI status he never would have gotten as far as a mini camp invite as TCF, and still wouldnt.  

Maybe he turns him self into a good pro end. It could happen, other guys have seized opportunity of the pass port and done it before. Wade miller, matt sheridan, and jamie stoddard for example. But as of his play ending last year, that hasnt been him.  

Weight is okay but you have to admit Boateng is very short for a D.E. at 6'-0".

I think you're mixing up Loffler with Waggoner?  Loffler is 100% pure Canuck.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Weight is okay but you have to admit Boateng is very short for a D.E. at 6'-0".

I think you're mixing up Loffler with Waggoner?  Loffler is 100% pure Canuck.

ehh id take weight and frame over height. Height is great for playing passing lanes. Reach is great in general. wing span and low center of gravity is better then height specifically. You dont see a ton of shade over 6 foot rush ends though.

I think youre right actually. Loffler pre ncaa injury and coming up to the cis, would have had good nfl interest though. 

I suspect that we will see a good old-fashioned shootout tomorrow night between Streveler and Mike Reilly.  Huck it, chuck it football from the finest QB in the game and the newest.

I expect a slow start from Streveler until he figures out Darvin Adams can catch the ball as long as you put it remotely close to him.  Then it's Streveler, Adams, Harris all night.  Chris Streveler puts up 400 yards, 3 TDs, and 2 picks.  Adams hits 200 yards, Harris runs for 120 and catches 60, with 3 TDs.

Mike Reilly is forced to put it in the air after their run game proves ineffective against the improved Bomber front seven.  Those 15 yard runs he loves to pull off aren't working and Gable is going nowhere.  But he's able to find Derel Walker, Duke Williams, and Vidal Hazelton all night... worrying Bomber fans who are getting flashbacks to the last playoff game at IGF.  Reilly throws for 350, 4 TD and 1 pick.

Streveler drives the field in the last minute and scores, scrambling 25 yards on a broken play for the touchdown. 

52-45 Bombers.

7 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I suspect that we will see a good old-fashioned shootout tomorrow night between Streveler and Mike Reilly.  Huck it, chuck it football from the finest QB in the game and the newest.

I expect a slow start from Streveler until he figures out Darvin Adams can catch the ball as long as you put it remotely close to him.  Then it's Streveler, Adams, Harris all night.  Chris Streveler puts up 400 yards, 3 TDs, and 2 picks.  Adams hits 200 yards, Harris runs for 120 and catches 60, with 3 TDs. 

52-45 Bombers.

I like your optimism, but remember...Shreveler is a rookie.   Even Doug Flutie was less than 50 percent completion percentage in his 1st year in the CFL.

37 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

I like your optimism, but remember...Shreveler is a rookie.   Even Doug Flutie was less than 50 percent completion percentage in his 1st year in the CFL.

And yet others excelled in their first year. streveler isnt flutie. or really similar even. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I'm sorry but he's already better than Corney...  not sure what you're talking about 

8 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

🤣 no. he isnt as good as corney was in year 1. 

No seriously, what are you basing this analysis on?  I only like Boateng because I thought he was a write off but then he was really noticeable in the games I watched...

I really like Corney so I'm interested to find out what the difference is...