Prediction time

Im prediciting the bombers win 12 games. The same amount as calgary and edmontron. (calgary gets the bye, wpg plays in edm in the semi) 

No cross over. To wins the east, hammy hosts ottawa in the semi. Ssk fights till late for the cross over but misses. Bc and mtl fight in the battle of the basement. 

Wpg, Streveler has bumps and shows flashes. nichols comes back and we keep streveler in some specific package stuff. But he becomes the heir.

Calgary begins falling off the pedestal. They struggle at RB, and blm gets nicked up. 

Edm lives and dies with reilly. The ol isnt as good as hyped but good enough.

Bc the end of the buono era is more of a whimper then a roar. Hervey cleans house including jennings in the off season. 

ssk, Bridge is the starter by LD/BJB, but isnt ready to be the no1 you win with. 

To continues to ride the health of SJ and ray. But have a good year over all. Wilder runs all over the league. 

Ham also has a new starting qb by LD, johnny football. And we get an off season of will he go or wont he go. 

Ott sputters and flutters but eeks out enough wins. Leaving them looking at blowing it up in the off season as well.

mtl shows flashes on D, but doesnt have the guns to run with any one. Willy shows some flashes again, only to be chased by injuries.  

For awards, Ray gets MOP for his final year. riles is the candidate in the west. June jones is coach of the year. Johnny football is rookie of the year. Bighill is DPOTY.

Edited by wbbfan

WEST (before Matt Nichols' injury, was tempted to have 4 teams tied at 11-7 on top of the division, and pick names out of a hat to rank them)

Edmonton 12-6 (a healthy Mike Reilly for the whole year and  the possibility of a home Grey Cup gives them top spot)

Calgary 12-6 (lots of personnel changes, but it hinges on the health of Bo Levi Mitchell's shoulder)

Saskatchewan 10-8 (worse than Winnipeg except for the record, and that has to do with Nichols' injury. Still, hate him or hate him, Chris Jones finds a way to get results with his teams, and I may be the only one who thinks Collaros is not washed up - we shall see. After all, I said last year that BC's Jennings would be league MVP - oops.)

Winnipeg 9-9 (with a pure rookie at QB, they start 1-4 and then it takes Nichols a few games to shake the rust off, so they end up at .500 but peak heading into the playoffs, and land the best-case scenario of a crossover spot. The Bombers are better than last year thanks to the addiction of Bighill, but it actually means fewer wins - in the regular season, at least)

BC 8-10 (not a bad team, but can't compete with the horses in the West, where 8 of their 10 losses come from)

EAST (another year, another crossover, and for most of the year the worst team in the West challenges the best team in the East for a better record)

Toronto 10-8 (Marc Trestman continues his CFL magic with the ageless Ricky Ray, and James Wilder Jr. has a massive year with the NFL as his motivation)

Hamilton 8-10 (the wild card this year that could finish anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the division, but I sense a QB controversy early will keep them below .500)

Ottawa 7-11 (Trevor Harris continues to put up big numbers and look flashy, but it doesn't translate into wins)

Montreal 5-13 (lots of big money signings, but no chemistry and no legit QB means last overall again)

DIVISION SEMI-FINALS

Calgary over Saskatchewan

Winnipeg over Hamilton

DIVISION FINALS

Edmonton over Calgary

Winnipeg over Toronto

GREY CUP

Head and heart still wrestling over this one - what the hell, Nichols returns to his original stomping grounds and hoists the Cup. Winnipeggers pull an Ovechkin and frolic in the fountains of Winnipeg. Which in reality looks more like a 10,000 person beer-bottle-spraying shower celebration at Portage and Main in minus 20 degree weather.

AWARDS

James Wilder Jr. (TOR) over Mike Reilly (EDM) for MVP

Alex Singleton (CAL) over Brad Sinopoli (OTT) for best Canadian (Andrew Harris is actually the 2nd best Canadian this year, but west vs.east, you know)

Adam Bighill (WPG) over Shawn Lemon (TOR) for defensive MOP

Some big guy from Toronto over some big guy from Calgary for best O-lineman

Felix Menard-Briere (OTT) over some newbie from BC or Saskatchewan for best rookie

Chris Rainey (BC) over Liram Hajrullahu (TOR) for best special teams player

Justin Medlock wins the scoring title

WEST

1. Winnipeg - 13-5
2. Edmonton - 12-6
3. BC - 9-9
4. Calgary 9-9
5 Saskatchewan 7-11

EAST

1. Toronto - 11-7
2. Hamilton - 9-9
3. Ottawa - 7-11
4. Montreal - 4-14

Winnipeg defeats Toronto in Edmonton to hoist the 106th Grey Cup. (41 - 35)

(I reserve the right to make minor adjustments to my win-loss record to ensure that it fits within the available games)

FIXED - TrueBlue4ever pointed out the new math that I was using. 

Edited by JCon

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

WEST

1. Winnipeg - 13-5
2. Edmonton - 12-6
3. BC - 10-8
4. Calgary 10-8
5 Saskatchewan 8-10

EAST

1. Toronto - 11-7
2. Hamilton - 9-9
3. Ottawa - 8-10
4. Montreal - 5-13

Winnipeg defeats Toronto in Edmonton to hoist the 106th Grey Cup. (41 - 35)

(I reserve the right to make minor adjustments to my win-loss record to ensure that it fits within the available games)

"Minor" adjustments would be good. You have 86 wins and 76 losses overall. The only place that inequity happens is the new "loser point" NHL. ;-)

In the West: Edmonton, then a dog fight for second between Calgary and Winnipeg, then the Riders with BC bringing up the rear. In the East: Toronto, then Hamilton follwed closely by Ottawa and Montreal in a death march. BTW, I am not convinced that Bo Levi will be the player he was in 2016, so that may offset the Bombers' loss of the services of their #1 quarterback for the first few games. The most interesting teams to watch will be the Riders imploding,  BC floundering and Montreal looking they ought to be in the Arena Football league.

25 minutes ago, tracker said:

In the West: Edmonton, then a dog fight for second between Calgary and Winnipeg, then the Riders with BC bringing up the rear. In the East: Toronto, then Hamilton follwed closely by Ottawa and Montreal in a death march. BTW, I am not convinced that Bo Levi will be the player he was in 2016, so that may offset the Bombers' loss of the services of their #1 quarterback for the first few games. The most interesting teams to watch will be the Riders imploding,  BC floundering and Montreal looking they ought to be in the Arena Football league.

this year montreal might finally go 0-18. Theyve been working towards it for a few years but now is the time. 

For bomber awards its interesting, the only guys we have on the active roster for rookies are streveler and bryant. I think cooper from the PR ends up winning Roty for us, or streveler by default. 

MODP bighill

MOL Big stan. 

Sts medlock

MOC demski

MOP darvin adams. (long shot here, but I think he could have a monster year) 

23 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

For bomber awards its interesting, the only guys we have on the active roster for rookies are streveler and bryant. I think cooper from the PR ends up winning Roty for us, or streveler by default. 

Haven't heard much about Cooper, 5"-8" 175 DB, what makes him so special?

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

MODP Fenner (also see Moe here)

MOL Goosen 

MOST Medlock

MOC Harris

Rookie Pettermann

MOP Matt Nichols

I like the pick on petermann. I feel like he will play the best of the big three, but that he will see the field the least due to being behind demski.

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I figured maybe he was a returner and that's why they kept him, his size sure isn't impressive for a DB.

his height isnt impressive for getting on rides at disney land, no doubt. But when a guy that undersized makes the cut you gotta know he makes up for it on the field. 

West

Edmonton

Calgary

Winnipeg

BC

Saskatchewan

I think Nichols being out hurts us and we end up third but the infamous team nobody wants to play in the playoffs. I think between QB, OL and lack of NI talent and depth, the Riders finish last and we all enjoy that.

East

Toronto

Hamilton

Ottawa

Montreal

1. Edmonton

2. Winnipeg - Streveler keeps us over 500 by the time Nichols gets back 

3. Calgary - feel they will fall this year 

4. BC 

5. Sask - that OL is bad 

1. Toronto 

2. Ottawa