Game Day: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Pre-Season) June 1, 2018

Rich

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Got an angry text from Noeller yesterday as he was driving through Saskatchewan listening to the local radio there and I believe the direct quote that got him worked up was "Nichols, nice guy but I wouldn't want him running my offense"

So there we have it, Nichols has fooled us all, he's really just a shitty qb and we aren't going anywhere with that bum. Maybe we can pry Bridge out of Saskatchewan so we at least have a chance. 

The same people who said they would have rather had Glenn last season.

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Got an angry text from Noeller yesterday as he was driving through Saskatchewan listening to the local radio there and I believe the direct quote that got him worked up was "Nichols, nice guy but I wouldn't want him running my offense"

So there we have it, Nichols has fooled us all, he's really just a shitty qb and we aren't going anywhere with that bum. Maybe we can pry Bridge out of Saskatchewan so we at least have a chance. 

I got the skepticism last offseason when he'd only done it once, but he followed 2016 up with an even better season. It's ridiculous that anybody is still questioning how good he is.

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I believe the term is "game manager", according to all the tall foreheads at TSN.

just seeing that Drew Tate signed with an NCAA club to coach..... didn't even realize that Ottawa released him.   I wonder if Walters reached out after Durant "retired" to see if there was interest??  As much as I never really cared for Tate personally,  I would have taken that experience on our sideline.  I'd argue that if he stayed healthy, he may even have the capability to outplay Nichols!

30 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Nichols is 21-9 the past two seasons as a starter. Meanwhile Chris Jones is 15-21 in the same time. I think somebody should tell Riderfans and their media.

yeah a .700 winning percentage over 2 years is a pretty good indicator of if a guy is legit or not if you ask me

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah a .700 winning percentage over 2 years is a pretty good indicator of if a guy is legit or not if you ask me

Andrew Harris has also masked Nichols weaknesses pretty well!   That's a team winning percentage.  With the weapons at the Bombers disposal this year in the receiving corps, we will know for sure if Nichols takes that next step.   If he remains weak with the deep ball, calling him elite in my mind is simply incorrect.

5 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Andrew Harris has also masked Nichols weaknesses pretty well!   That's a team winning percentage.  With the weapons at the Bombers disposal this year in the receiving corps, we will know for sure if Nichols takes that next step.   If he remains weak with the deep ball, calling him elite in my mind is simply incorrect.

Andrew Harris didn't cover the weaknesses of Drew Wiley, Dan LeFevour or Dom Davis. Nichols deserves more respect from the media.

legit and elite are 2 different things...and a jittery QB who lacked pocket awareness and skill wouldn't have got the ball to the masking agents. Call the percentage what you want but at the end of the day a QB's winning percentage is still his....but football being a team game your only as good as your 3 facets for sure, but most experts will tell you a team goes as does it's QB, and with Nichols at the helm, this team has won at a .700 winning percentage.

ALSO.....if we had guys masking his skills...would we not have won basically as well when Davis and Lefevour took over when he was hurt???

1 hour ago, sweep the leg said:

I got the skepticism last offseason when he'd only done it once, but he followed 2016 up with an even better season. It's ridiculous that anybody is still questioning how good he is.

Yeah exactly. Last year sure you can say "show me" but when you look at what he's done last year and the year before the only qbs you can really make an argument about being better than Nichols are Reilly and Mitchell. I guess Ray has his history, but come on, everything Nichols has done since taking over rightly has him in the upper teir of quarterbacks. He's avoiding mistakes, putting up yards and most importantly his team has 100% faith in the guy. That means as much as anything and it will take a qb a long way.

47 minutes ago, Booch said:

ALSO.....if we had guys masking his skills...would we not have won basically as well when Davis and Lefevour took over when he was hurt???

Did they not win the last game on the season in Calgary with LeFevour at QB??

I don't mind Nichols, I think he's a good QB... I just don't buy into the Elite, or top QB in the league status that some put him at.  I hope he takes another step forward this season and gets to that Elite level... I think everyone would love to see that!

10 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

Did they not win the last game on the season in Calgary with LeFevour at QB??

I don't mind Nichols, I think he's a good QB... I just don't buy into the Elite, or top QB in the league status that some put him at.  I hope he takes another step forward this season and gets to that Elite level... I think everyone would love to see that!

against Andrew Buckley and I can't even remember the guys name... Trust me I was there watching that game Lefevour didn't do **** to win that game, he was just less shitty than the Calgary backup qbs. 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah i guess 21-9 as a starter and a near MOP season last year just isnt enough for the unwashed masses in shitsville. The anti Nichols campaign is trumpeted by their leader, the useless sack of monkey s*** himself, Rod Pedersen. He routinely spouts off to anyone who will listen that Nichols is a bum. But ask him about Collaros, a QB thats been shell-shocked and utter garbage for 2+ years and its "Grey Cup here we come!!".

16 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Pretty windy out there... Going to be a tricky night for the QB’s.

nice howling wind. got to be up around 40 kph.

Not the best way to see what our new qbs' can do,

although they probably have howling winds in S Dakota.

Edited by Mark F