Game Day: Edmonton @ Winnipeg (Pre-Season) June 1, 2018

Rich

Long off season is over and we finally get to see some Blue Bomber football tonight.

Game time is 7:30PM and the weather looks to be clearing up by then, partly cloudy and 18 C.

Chat room is open for those who want to enjoy the game with a group of virtual friends.

Here are the depth charts:

DeiCPV8V4AAfCX9.jpg

DeiKbRkX0AAsZKf.jpg

56 minutes ago, iHeart said:

also note the game will NOT be televised because, TSN chose Manziel (at least that's what I think)

If I'm not mistaken, the preseason TV schedule was made before the Ti-Cats signed him.

Some storylines for the blue & gold ahead of tonight's preseason tilt: https://www.cfl.ca/2018/06/01/3-storylines-watch-winnipegs-pre-season-opener/

Edited by blue_gold_84
link added

11 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while with the Jets. No Flanders?

Flanders isn't dressing for this game (along with LaFrance, Wild, Hardrick, Leggett, Alexander, Gaitor, and notable rookies; DT Brandin Bryant, DBs Marcus Sayles, RECs Tyrone Pierre)

Image result for stupid sexy flanders

13 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Is Gendron-Dumouchel not in camp?

No they never signed him.  I read somewhere that he is going back to school and the team plans to sign him next year.  But I can't find it now.  Would be nice to have him here... 6'9" 310 pounds.  Big man.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

No they never signed him.  I read somewhere that he is going back to school and the team plans to sign him next year.  But I can't find it now.  Would be nice to have him here... 6'9" 310 pounds.  Big man.

Correct.  All teams knew prior to the draft, that his intent was to go back to school.  From Kyle Walters:

He’s going to go back to Montreal for his last year because he wants to finish his degree. It’s more like a futures pick. 

Edited by bigg jay
Inserted Walter's quote

5 burning questions:

1. Nichols is the undisputed key to all of our success and Grey Cup hopes this year, and has largely been healthy during his tenure. But Darian Durant's retirement has left a big hole in our depth. Who (if anyone) steps up to give us confidence that we have a capable back-up that can carry us if needed after all of these years of poor QB development?

2. Has Adam Bighill single-handedly transformed last year's at times porous defence into a championship caliber squad, or will he suffer from NFL malaise and overhype? Can one player make that big a difference?

3. With the offensive weapons we acquired on top of last year's assets, which high profile incumbent, new signing, or prized draft pick does not make the cut?

4. With all of the free agent signings, little time has been spent talking about the losses, and of those losses, the quietest and yet possibly biggest loss (figuratively and certainly based on actual size) was Travis Bond on the o-line. He was the "nasty" that transformed that whole line into one of the league's best. Who replaces him, and how does the whole line suffer without his presence?

5. Injuries: Leggett and LaFrance have not hit the field yet, just how bad are their injuries, and do they survive past other cuts if they are looking like long-term injuries?

Chungh...Goosen and Hardrick provide a good dose of nasty..Chungh probably was/is the nastiest even when Bond was here...pretty sure O-line is a non issue here

And dependent when Spooner ever gets game reps..He probably will be the nastiness of the bunch...he plays with a real edge to him

20 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

1. Nichols is the undisputed key to all of our success and Grey Cup hopes this year, and has largely been healthy during his tenure.

Got an angry text from Noeller yesterday as he was driving through Saskatchewan listening to the local radio there and I believe the direct quote that got him worked up was "Nichols, nice guy but I wouldn't want him running my offense"

So there we have it, Nichols has fooled us all, he's really just a shitty qb and we aren't going anywhere with that bum. Maybe we can pry Bridge out of Saskatchewan so we at least have a chance.