Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

3 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Yes I’m aware, but I wonder if he’ll honour his deal. Very strange to re sign three other quarterbacks the day the season ends unless they’re completely content on those four being in Montreal next season. I certainly wouldn’t be. The QB play left a lot to be desired. 

He's already said he would honour it. 

https://www.tsn.ca/manziel-says-xfl-and-aaf-don-t-pique-his-interest-right-now-1.1199278

Edited by Jacquie

4 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Yes I’m aware, but I wonder if he’ll honour his deal. Very strange to re sign three other quarterbacks the day the season ends unless they’re completely content on those four being in Montreal next season. I certainly wouldn’t be. The QB play left a lot to be desired. 

They can sign 20 QBs if they want as there is no cost for cutting them:). 

I think that Harris will play long enough to get the rushing crown and then have an extended ride on his stationary bike. 

I expect Nichols to start and play for a half.  During that time, the playcalling should be conservative with heavy emphasis on getting the ball out of his hands quickly.

Dressler might not make the plane ride.

Other than that, I expect everyone else to play normally, unless they have an injury that needs the week off to heal or protect.

2 hours ago, MC said:

I think that Harris will play long enough to get the rushing crown and then have an extended ride on his stationary bike. 

I expect Nichols to start and play for a half.  During that time, the playcalling should be conservative with heavy emphasis on getting the ball out of his hands quickly.

Other than that, I expect everyone else to play normally, unless they have an injury that needs the week off to heal or protect.

For Harris that should only be one play, two at the most.  He only needs 8 yards for the lead...

2 hours ago, MC said:

How many Yards does he need?

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Feds usually don't put up $ for this stuff and Justin and Co don't have the $.

Well, IGF was partially built with federal money. As far as Trudeau goes, that guy is a tax grabbing machine and will do whatever he has to in order to bribe or buy votes. I do hope that Halifax can be successful. Historic event if the CFL could get a team there. 

9 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

Well, IGF was partially built with federal money. As far as Trudeau goes, that guy is a tax grabbing machine and will do whatever he has to in order to bribe or buy votes. I do hope that Halifax can be successful. Historic event if the CFL could get a team there. 

15 million that went essentially to the new gym on campus and stuff like that. Agree on JT vote buying but even if you got 25 million from the feds, getting the NS gvt to put up say $100 million or so is a lot.

14 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

15 million that went essentially to the new gym on campus and stuff like that. Agree on JT vote buying but even if you got 25 million from the feds, getting the NS gvt to put up say $100 million or so is a lot.

100 million is a lot of money for any province, including the smallish Nova Scotia provincial budget. The city council decision is a step forward, with huge challenges ahead. If successful with a franchise and new stadium, 8 cities could boast fine facilities. I’d like to wish them luck. 

Edited by Rod Black