Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

28 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Do you really think O'Shea is even remotely close to giving up on Nichols? 

I still say our best/most likely scenario would be for Nichols to start 2019 with Streveler backing up...then going into 2020 we offer Streveler starters $ (assuming he continues to progress) and hopefully keep Nichols around as a backup.

6 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

I still say our best/most likely scenario would be for Nichols to start 2019 with Streveler backing up...then going into 2020 we offer Streveler starters $ (assuming he continues to progress) and hopefully keep Nichols around as a backup.

What has Streveler done to make Nichols replaceable?  The kid has looked good with limited reps but the proof is in how does he look after teams have a decent amount of film in him.

Certainly you want to keep him around and he is worthy of being excited and optimistic but he’s likely a ways a way from replacing a legit starter in Nichols.

Edited by mfranc

1 hour ago, mfranc said:

What has Streveler done to make Nichols replaceable?  The kid has looked good with limited reps but the proof is in how does he look after teams have a decent amount of film in him.

It's advisable to read a post before commenting on it. I said "assuming he continues to progress". 

Streveler will still be young in 2020, while Nichols will be 33. 33 isn't old for a QB nessasarily, but again, Nichols is no BLM or Reilly.

Headline - Cameron Judge Benefits From Sam Hurl’s Tutelage

Cameron Judge:

“I ask him or get some pointers from him while we’re watching film. He has been really helpful for me this year.”

Gaining more playing time in 2018, @CameronJudge has a strong LB mentor in @SamHurl.

Sam Hurl..”Do you see what I did there? Well, don’t do that” Or

“Do you see what I did there?   “That’s exactly the right technique, but you have to do it a hell of a lot faster”              

“Do you see what I did there?   ”That’s called the chase mode. Always be prepared to follow that ball carrier closely”

3 hours ago, mfranc said:

Certainly you want to keep him around and he is worthy of being excited and optimistic but he’s likely a ways a way from replacing a legit starter in Nichols.

Kind of a pointless thing to say as that can be said about any QB...Any player really...and yes if he continues to develop and learn and work on things there is no reason he can't push to be the starter in a year or two...his skill set and his intelligence is what have many in the league very impressed and give reason to think he could be very successfull...every top QB in the league starts somewhere, and the ones with the noodle arms...no ability to read a defense and think qickly and run like they have snowshoes on..well they don't get much hype

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Kind of a pointless thing to say as that can be said about any QB...Any player really...and yes if he continues to develop and learn and work on things there is no reason he can't push to be the starter in a year or two...his skill set and his intelligence is what have many in the league very impressed and give reason to think he could be very successfull...every top QB in the league starts somewhere, and the ones with the noodle arms...no ability to read a defense and think qickly and run like they have snowshoes on..well they don't get much hype

With the exception of Zac Collaros post 2015 of course.