Around the League: 2018 Season

Rich

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

This, although I have always respected Trestman as a coach and think he was good for the league for the time he was here, he never developed a QB.  Yes he put Calvillo in position to bring home those Grey Cups in the twilight of his career and help resurrect Ricky Ray after being injured and having a big mess of 2016.  But he didn't invest enough development time in any of AC's backups and showed no patience with Franklin.

Good coach, but not quite the QB wizard people think.

I think he actually is a qb wizard as a qb coach. But not as a HC. 

1 minute ago, NorthernSkunk said:

Saskatchewan Roughriders

@sskroughriders

Let’s keep Mosaic GREEN for our home playoff game! Get your tickets before the fans wearing blue or red can get ‘em!

LMAO......the riders are worried too many Bomber fans are going to Regina to kick their azz.....

I’m sure literally any team would post something like this. What a stupid comment. 

4 hours ago, Dr Zaius said:

If I'm Kavis I'm on the phone with Trestmans agent right now.

If there's anyone that can turn Manziel into a star it's Trestman

If that buffoon even has a job in this league after all this garbage, the CFL Board of Governors should force the sale of the Als.  I'm dead serious.

Andrew Wettenhall is a **** disgrace for allowing Reed to have that job.  The CFL Board of Governors must do its job and vote him out of there.  Then they must demand he sell the Als to a more competent owner.

1 minute ago, USABomberfan said:

If that buffoon even has a job in this league after all this garbage, the CFL Board of Governors should force the sale of the Als.  I'm dead serious.

Andrew Wettenhall is a **** disgrace for allowing Reed to have that job.  The CFL Board of Governors must do its job and vote him out of there.  Then they must demand he sell the Als to a more competent owner.

Should they also find a buyer for Wettenhall as well? 

1 minute ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Should they also find a buyer for Wettenhall as well? 

I don't think they have to, I seen articles in the MG saying parties have inquired about buying the franchise before.  It should be done though cuz if he keeps owning that team, he's going to cause it to fold.

Just now, TBURGESS said:

Saskatchewan RoughridersVerified account @sskroughriders -

SIGNED: •International quarterback, Drew Tate

Collaros done for the year?

I'd say it's not looking good for Collaros if Jones has to lure a retired QB to the team. Makes me wonder if his career is coming to an end, too. That's a serious concussion history.

16 minutes ago, TheBandit said:

I’m sure literally any team would post something like this. What a stupid comment. 

Aww, muffin.

3 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

What ? The bandit is really a riders fan......shoot, my mistake ...... but oh my he/she is gonna be even more sour around here in a few weeks.

So you thought that he was a Bomber fan and you said what you said anyway?  Only a Rider fan would think to use that insult.  Your green slip is showing.

11 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

That was a Freudian slip by a guy flying a false flag.  

I have been a Bombers fan since the early seventies,  my father when he was alive started cheering for them in the sixties.  

12 minutes ago, WBBFanWest said:

So you thought that he was a Bomber fan and you said what you said anyway?  Only a Rider fan would think to use that insult.  Your green slip is showing.

He sounded very bitter,  I assumed he was bitter cause I thought he was one of them really old bomber fans who have trouble with this new social media stuff (hence his "stupid" comment)..... so I thought he was bitter from the long Bomber grey cup drought and made my comment.  

55 minutes ago, NorthernSkunk said:

I have been a Bombers fan since the early seventies,  my father when he was alive started cheering for them in the sixties.  

He sounded very bitter,  I assumed he was bitter cause I thought he was one of them really old bomber fans who have trouble with this new social media stuff (hence his "stupid" comment)..... so I thought he was bitter from the long Bomber grey cup drought and made my comment.  

Superior grasp of the evidence. 

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I do wonder about Trestman and Reilly though.... Trestman excelled with Calvillo and Ray, two guys who didn't run around and improvise a lot and were able to be more methodical. So much of Reilly has been chucking it deep on broken plays or just going deep in general. Does he have the ability to play a different way? 

I just find that Trestman is getting pretty over rated because he's won some Grey Cups with already great quarterbacks. Hell the Argos with Ray weren't even that good a team, just got a big win in the big game. 

How many of those broken plays were due to protection break downs? We don’t know that but can assume a good number of them were.