Two Riders Charged With Assault

voodoochylde

I just watched the media scrum with Brendan Taman. The Rider "Code of Conduct" was brought up by a reporter. Taman was asked if it is still valid & he said yes it is. He had no comment when asked if it applies to Smith & Anderson. Taman said they can keep playing both guys until their court case is heard likely some time next year if they want. He didn't even mention if  he is considering suspending them so I think I know where this will be going. They'll play no matter any Code of Conduct.

Now we'll see if this code which is supposedly likened to the bible within the Riders organization really means anything.  If not, then winning a Grey Cup is more important to the Riders organization than any bogus set of high moral community standards & conduct rules written on a worthless piece of paper. They play & the Riders are two faced.

That being said, what did you want the Rider players to do Iso?  Just stand there and be pummeled by angry Somalis with baseball bats?  The Somalis control a lot of the cocaine trade in that area with the Bakken Oil fields being close by, I wonder if there is more to this story.  I have a hard time believing that this was just a random attack for no reason whatsoever.

Some folks on RF suggested they may have adopted the initiation methods of the NS gang in Regina ... beat the **** out of a Rider and you're in. Maybe not a bad theory.

Without being there or having any info other than total hearsay

:rolleyes:

well reports were that there was a fight between a bunch of riders and gang members and one guy went to hospital and only two riders got charged and by all accounts the gang memebrs started it. So what do you think could have happened to end up with only 2 riders being charged other than them being singled out as taking "defending themselves" too far?

Or......

Riders swagger in like they own the place, gang tells them they in fact do not own the place, chirp, chirp, shove, punch. Anderson and Smith feel the need to put on a show on some poor sod.

I highly doubt the Crown would want to lay charges, especially very serious ones like aggravated assault, on Rider players unless there is a high likelihood of conviction, certainly a higher standard than they'd apply to the alleged gang members involved.  They don't want or need media.  Something happened, and they need to have a pretty good idea that there was intent to cause serious physical harm to someone (often use of a weapon) to proceed with aggravated assault charges.  Safe to say they didn't grab the guy by the belt loops like the last Rider brought before the courts.

There is also a rumor going around that some montreal players might be facing charges as a result of this fight as well.

Pretty sure the source of that rumour is a certain Riderfans.com poster who is rather short on credibilty.

According to a CBC report:

The Regina Police Service said there are no additional suspects in the case, which has been the talk of coffee row in the city of 200,000.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2013/09/13/sk-third-person-charged-in-nightclub-incident-1309.html

There is also a rumor going around that some montreal players might be facing charges as a result of this fight as well.

Pretty sure the source of that rumour is a certain Riderfans.com poster who is rather short on credibilty.

According to a CBC report:

The Regina Police Service said there are no additional suspects in the case, which has been the talk of coffee row in the city of 200,000.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2013/09/13/sk-third-person-charged-in-nightclub-incident-1309.html

Ah didn't know about the RPS release.

Yeah you are right on the source of the rumor. Some of the stuff he leaks pans out, so I figured I would clearly state it was just a rumor.