Two Riders Charged With Assault

voodoochylde

Defending yourself from an armed gang doesnt usually lead to aggravated assault charges.  Seems fishy to me.  One might presume the cops submitted the case for crown opinion.  Crown often has a "charge everyone and sort out the BS later" mentality unfortunately so who knows.

They are very hesitant with public figures though, especially when they (the Crown) will face a backlash.  It's not like the States where the prosecutors want all the attention they can get because they need to get elected.  I wouldn't doubt that the crown in Regina have dodged pressing charges against Riders in the past.

Very true.  Depends on the Crown and the environment of the office I suppose.  In Manitoba there seems to be a lot of dysfunction.  I had an issue with a very over-zealous cop (when I was the one assaulted by colours-wearing gangsters) and because I submitted a complaint to LERA (that was heading towards a hearing), the Crown laid charges against me.  They even went so far as to offer to drop the charges in exchange for me dropping my LERA complaint which is dispicable really.  Even when they know they will drop the charges, there can be a desire to cost a person legal fees just to be ****-ish.

I even had the crown drop charges in another case against two of three guys who attacked me with weapons because they deemed it a "consensual fight" because I fought back to defend myself.  Figure that one.

Not good for the Riders though.

I had to laugh when I went on RF and saw that a couple posters thought aggravated assault meant assault you were provoked into.

LOL

Like Regina cops are going to go out of there way to trump up an assault charge against two Riders and let supposed gang members off the hook.

its a fishbowl out there all right for players and silly, dumb fans.

You sign dickbags like Anderson and this is what you get. SSK , the whole org., deserves every bit of negativity they get.

Like Regina cops are going to go out of there way to trump up an assault charge against two Riders and let supposed gang members off the hook.

Exactly.  Just doesn't make sense.

Cops probably spent three weeks trying to figure out how to water down the charge or add a token charge to one of the victim's buddies to make look like a run of the mill bar fight but Dwight and Taj did a hospital job on the guy - cops hands were tied.

In fairness to Smith/DA, I've heard from a number of people I'd trust about stuff like this that it's not as bad as it seems.

Without starting too much of a rumor, I heard a number of Riders (more than just Smith and Anderson) were attacked by a group of gang members (including one guy with a bat) outside a club and there was a huge brawl which the Rider players essentially "won" and this one "victim" took a pretty serious beating.

If thats the case they got exactly what they deserved.

In fairness to Smith/DA, I've heard from a number of people I'd trust about stuff like this that it's not as bad as it seems.

Without starting too much of a rumor, I heard a number of Riders (more than just Smith and Anderson) were attacked by a group of gang members (including one guy with a bat) outside a club and there was a huge brawl which the Rider players essentially "won" and this one "victim" took a pretty serious beating.

They = ???

They = ???

Sorry, the ''victim(s)?''. 

I just watched the media scrum with Brendan Taman. The Rider "Code of Conduct" was brought up by a reporter. Taman was asked if it is still valid & he said yes it is. He had no comment when asked if it applies to Smith & Anderson. Taman said they can keep playing both guys until their court case is heard likely some time next year if they want. He didn't even mention if  he is considering suspending them so I think I know where this will be going. They'll play no matter any Code of Conduct.

Now we'll see if this code which is supposedly likened to the bible within the Riders organization really means anything.  If not, then winning a Grey Cup is more important to the Riders organization than any bogus set of high moral community standards & conduct rules written on a worthless piece of paper. They play & the Riders are two faced.

I just watched the media scrum with Brendan Taman. The Rider "Code of Conduct" was brought up by a reporter. Taman was asked if it is still valid & he said yes it is. He had no comment when asked if it applies to Smith & Anderson. Taman said they can keep playing both guys until their court case is heard likely some time next year if they want. He didn't even mention if  he is considering suspending them so I think I know where this will be going. They'll play no matter any Code of Conduct.

Now we'll see if this code which is supposedly likened to the bible within the Riders organization really means anything.  If not, then winning a Grey Cup is more important to the Riders organization than any bogus set of high moral community standards & conduct rules written on a worthless piece of paper. They play & the Riders are two faced.

That being said, what did you want the Rider players to do Iso?  Just stand there and be pummeled by angry Somalis with baseball bats?  The Somalis control a lot of the cocaine trade in that area with the Bakken Oil fields being close by, I wonder if there is more to this story.  I have a hard time believing that this was just a random attack for no reason whatsoever.

They wer

That being said, what did you want the Rider players to do Iso?  Just stand there and be pummeled by angry Somalis with baseball bats?  The Somalis control a lot of the cocaine trade in that area with the Bakken Oil fields being close by, I wonder if there is more to this story.  I have a hard time believing that this was just a random attack for no reason whatsoever.

Why would the cops charge a victim?? If they were defending themselves then why just those 2?? We'll see what the Riders do. Interesting it's always the same Usual Suspects that get in trouble. Dwight Anderson. Every team he's played on there's been problems.

They wer

Why would the cops charge a victim?? If they were defending themselves then why just those 2?? We'll see what the Riders do. Interesting it's always the same Usual Suspects that get in trouble. Dwight Anderson. Every team he's played  on there's been problems.

Without being there or having any info other than total hearsay this is what I would have to guess happened.

Riders get jumped by these guys. They defend themselves and the gang gives up, probably scatter. After the fight is over Smith and Anderson tune up a guy that is no longer any kind of threat and they don’t need to defend themselves anymore. He goes to the hospital and since they are getting charged, I’m sure some neutral people witness this and more than one person tells the police what happened. If it was just the fight itself I’m sure they’d all be getting charged so I’m sure it was a little extra curricular stuff that singled those two out.