Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

I find it interesting.   Here we are several hours after the start, and none of the Bomber free agents have signed elsewhere as yet.    Yes there are rumours, and yes some likely will, but I suspect that the money isn't much greater than what they may have been offered here.   Either that or they are trying to get the Bombers to match what they are being offered because perhaps it's not so bad here.

1 minute ago, Jaxon said:

I find it interesting.   Here we are several hours after the start, and none of the Bomber free agents have signed elsewhere as yet.    Yes there are rumours, and yes some likely will, but I suspect that the money isn't much greater than what they may have been offered here.   Either that or they are trying to get the Bombers to match what they are being offered because perhaps it's not so bad here.

How many Bomber FAs did the Bombers try to re-sign though?

Westerman, for sure but who else? Heath?

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

How many Bomber FAs did the Bombers try to re-sign though?

Westerman, for sure but who else? Heath?

I don't have inside info, but I'm sure they would have put an offer in front of Bond, Heath, Normand, Thomas and Westerman.    Clearly not enough to get it done, but I don't believe they would have said "off you go" without some kind of offer.   They may have said "we don't see you in our future" to Denmark, JFG, Hurl, and Knox,   although they may have made a specialty team offer to Hurl with a significant pay cut.

14 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

Westerman is going to kick himself in November of 2018  if he doesn't re-sign here.

14 minutes ago, Jaxon said:

I don't have inside info, but I'm sure they would have put an offer in front of Bond, Heath, Normand, Thomas and Westerman.    Clearly not enough to get it done, but I don't believe they would have said "off you go" without some kind of offer.   They may have said "we don't see you in our future" to Denmark, JFG, Hurl, and Knox,   although they may have made a specialty team offer to Hurl with a significant pay cut.

It was reported on Twitter today (I believe Jeff Hamilton, but don't quote me..) that the Bombers offered Westerman "a very healthy offer" and he turned them down...

I don't begrudge players looking to get the most money they can, but at the same time, sometimes it's better to just not expect too much and take the good deal in the good situation. Otherwise you could end up like Dennis over in gapperland where your big contract gets ripped up when you don't earn it. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

News that will make a lot of people here very happy and even make their FA day....

John Hodge is reporting that Hurl will not be back with the Bombers next year.

It seems like only yesterday that Coach would sing Hurl’s praises like he was a cross between Rain Man and **** Butkus...a MLB with such vision and understanding of our system that he doesn’t need to rack up those gaudy stats (tackles) in order to hold a position of glory on the field. Now he’s not coming back? I guess the experiment failed.

Just now, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

It seems like only yesterday that Coach would sing Hurl’s praises like he was a cross between Rain Man and **** Butkus...a MLB with such vision and understanding of our system that he doesn’t need to rack up those gaudy stats (tackles) in order to hold a position of glory on the field. Now he’s not coming back? I guess the experiment failed.

Make that Dirk Butkus

12 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

Yup i remember that bulls**t. I swear oshea treats the fan base like were a bunch of 4 year olds. A blind deaf mute  could tell Hurl was in over his head and was nothing more than a speedbump in the middle.

8 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yup i remember that bulls**t. I swear oshea treats the fan base like were a bunch of 4 year olds. A blind deaf mute  could tell Hurl was in over his head and was nothing more than a speedbump in the middle.

Or maybe he treats his players with respect?  Seems like really good players want to be here.

Just now, WBBFanWest said:

He's gone.  He's not a Bomber anymore.  You got what you wanted.  No need to act like a ****** towards someone who played his guts out for us.  Again, talking like that about a guy after he's left is a **** move.  Period

Its a Rider Move