Blue Bomber Free Agent List

sweep the leg

Yeah its not sounding like Reed or Woods will end up here...  Dean only if he's a value-signing... at least from that presser

Wild-JSK-Leggett is not bad at all...  sure need some legit depth though - still holding out hope for Konar

Four of our key starters haven't finished a season for a while...  Wild, Dressler, Adams and Neufeld...  risky.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/02/09/gm-kyle-walters-approaching-free-agency/

Am I crazy or does it sound like Walters isn't planning on pursuing a MACK backer, opting to run with what we have already? 

WhenI listen to it, I'm hearing that Hurl is not in the mix for the MACK.  Walters is saying that Wild and Santos-Knox are both capable of playing that position and that they think that with the people they have already signed, they have a good group.  Of course, if someone should become available that would be an upgrade and come at the right price, I've no doubt that Walters pulls the trigger.  I think Hurl hits free agency and if there are no takers, he might be back at a special teamer level contract.

Edited by WBBFanWest

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2018/02/09/gm-kyle-walters-approaching-free-agency/

Am I crazy or does it sound like Walters isn't planning on pursuing a MACK backer, opting to run with what we have already? 

It's sounds that way. But maybe he doesn't want to give away any hint on what their plan is in free-agency. 

If Santos-Knox is the plan for MAC. I don't mind Bass back to rotate on both WIL and MAC position. It's a cheaper option. 

Edited by M.O.A.B.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Yeah its not sounding like Reed or Woods will end up here...  Dean only if he's a value-signing... at least from that presser

Wild-JSK-Leggett is not bad at all...  sure need some legit depth though - still holding out hope for Konar

Four of our key starters haven't finished a season for a while...  Wild, Dressler, Adams and Neufeld...  risky.

Great points.

Konar would be good depth as well as ratio flexibility.  Our best Canadian (Harris) got a lot of wear & tear last year.  They need to have options in the event he needs a few games off. 

33 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Great points.

Konar would be good depth as well as ratio flexibility.  Our best Canadian (Harris) got a lot of wear & tear last year.  They need to have options in the event he needs a few games off. 

It's one thing for the Bombers to want him. 

It's another thing for him to want the Bombers. 

It's necessary for those two things to meet. (ie. Bowman)

41 minutes ago, M.O.A.B. said:

It's one thing for the Bombers to want him. 

It's another thing for him to want the Bombers. 

It's necessary for those two things to meet. (ie. Bowman)

Are you saying that for free agency to work a team and a player must be interested in each others services and then agree on a contract....????  Whoa.

tumblr_m0hnlqwgTp1qd1vts.gif

3 hours ago, Floyd said:

Santos-Knox was great last year, but he was our WLB.  Wild is also a WLB that has never played a full season including just 5 last year, and the year before that he forgot how to tackle. I'd much rather sign a proven stud MLB like Dean or Reed as opposed to re-arranging our current LB's and hoping for the best. I'd actually be onboard with signing one of those guys and releasing Wild. Leggett/Dean or Reed/Santos-Knox would be amazing.

3 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

Santos-Knox played MLB in college. I'm wondering if the Bombers have thoughts for him there. Wild is versatile and can play any LB position if need be.

Santos Knox tried out at MACK last year and didn't cut it outta camp. He and Knox were both pegged as hopeful MACK candidates last year and, by all accounts, were given every opportunity to take the job. Unfortunately everyone sucked, apparently, and Hurl was the most capable. 

20 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Santos Knox tried out at MACK last year and didn't cut it outta camp. He and Knox were both pegged as hopeful MACK candidates last year and, by all accounts, were given every opportunity to take the job. Unfortunately everyone sucked, apparently, and Hurl was the most capable. 

It was also the emergence of Poop on the DL. Starting Hurl allowed another American up front. 

36 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Santos Knox tried out at MACK last year and didn't cut it outta camp. He and Knox were both pegged as hopeful MACK candidates last year and, by all accounts, were given every opportunity to take the job. Unfortunately everyone sucked, apparently, and Hurl was the most capable

Frightening.

1 hour ago, bb1 said:

Yeah Santos- Knox is great , but because of injuries and weak MLB we have to look at an upgrade here. Rolling with Wild and Legget is a big time gamble. And another year with Hurl at MLB is a recipe to really get Hall fired.? I'm sure Walters has something cookin...?

Sure didnt sound like it at his presser. I hope he was being coy.

33 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Sure didnt sound like it at his presser. I hope he was being coy.

Was kind of worried when he said it was the whole defence's fault... and we have like 3 all-stars on the boundary side and Westerman/Leggett once removed from all-star status...

If we blow up this D and somehow Hall and Hurl are left standing... ummm...

If finally healthy Evan Gill woukd be better than thomas andcsteele..and cheaper 

JSK came to camp late last year..so had no time to grab the MLB spot..but was good enough to stick around..then make his way into starting line-up 

He played all the positions in college and excelled at all..id have no issues with him in the middle.. has the skill set to play it..and body wise is  similar to Singletons so for you people enamoured with position based on body type he should do just fine.

Hopefully we can land Dean..ibthink he would make biggest impact for us and a unit with him..Santos Knox and Leggett with Wild rotating in would be a nice group.

That being said I am looking forward to seeing J.Jones in camp..could be a real sleeper