When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

Sort of a misleading headline

MOS tries to be diplomatic about takeaways and stuff.  Yeah, the D, combined with the O and Special Teams is good enough to win some games and host a playoff spot.  It will never ever win a cup with that D.  Period.  So if Hall IS back next season, and the D is as bad, MOS has to go with Hall.

There is some good in what HALL'S defense does and Oshea is somewhat correct in what he is saying.  YOu can have the best of both worlds (takeaways/pressure and yardage)

We blamed Hall last year about why the d-line sucked butt, and said it was his scheme, but I would go so far as to say we had probably one of the top..top 3 at the least defensive lines this year and that was with one holdover true starter (Westerman)...so  that tells me it was personnel and not scheme .

This year Linebacker is the apparent issue and I thnk by default Hurl was thrust there and it wasn't the plan, and we suffered as we anticipated several holdovers to step in, and they didn't and we didn't really recruit adequately there and it bit us..Tho the Jones we have on the PR intrigues me a lot for next year and am certain he will be in camp.

I'd go hard after the best established play maker available in free agency, and if Hall is back they should be brainstorming all winter in what they want to implement and fill the role with the right guys. 

We need to allow or d-backs to cover in man and not depend on the soft zones, and if they can't do the job find ones who can..We know Randle and Heath can play this style, Alexander looks like he could as well. Walker shows signs and will chalk up his age and learning on the fly to his busts.

That being said it should be a short leash and if the same ol same ol keeps occuring we cut ties and bring in new blood

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

I think 17 just hasn't forgiven Lapo for his last 2 stints here because there really isn't much this time around to conclude he hasn't improved as an OC (maybe too many field goals). This team wasn't exactly loaded with offensive talent, maybe three guys you had to key on, Harris, Adams and Dressler and Harris was the only one who stayed healthy all year. If they can load up more offensive weapons next season and we are still settling for field goals, then I would have to agree with him that Lapo hasn't changed his spots.

No it’s the same guy.  Lapo doesn’t develop players.  We’ll have to put together a fantastic group of veteran players to optimize the offense with him and develop any consistency.  

Sometimes Lapo is a guy who needs to get out of his own and his players way.  Edmonton has no answer for the run in the first half of that game and he went completely away from it.  Let your players dominate and drop the game plan right out of the booth sometimes.

3 hours ago, Stickem said:

This sounds like '''get prepared for more of the same in 18' crap....Hurl and Hall have to be replaced...IF O'Shea sees that as the way to success and finally get a Cup here then I have lost total confidence in the man....Out of the gate slow next year and he'll be out of the Peg pretty quick.

Damn. I was hoping that O'Shea would get hit by a revelation and see the real problem with the team.  O'Shea has lashed himself to Hall and both will share the same fate, but that will probably be too late for next season. I was looking for a reason to believe that O'Shea had the right stuff to take the Bombers to the Grey Cup and now I am of the opinion that he is not the head coach we had hoped for. 

Clarifications

• An earlier version of this story said that both Paul LaPolice and Richie Hall will return next season. The story has been amended to clarify that Paul LaPolice had signed a contract extension during the current season and Richie Hall also remains under contract for 2018, but Mike O'Shea didn't entirely rule out a change in the defensive co-ordinator position.

19 minutes ago, James said:

If Hall and Hurl are back next year im not sure how long ill be able to stomach it for

Well, Hurl is a FA, and I'd say Walters would be insane to re-sign him when there are upgrades just about everywhere.  I mean, if our scouts can't go out and find upgrades for Hurl ... YIKES!!!

I took a listen to MOS's press conference to hear exactly what he said, and he seemed completely indecisive about Hall's fate.  Which ... on the one hand I'd say is good news that he wasn't jumping up in down in excitement saying he was going to bring him back, but at the same time he  obviously was in no eagerness to cut him loose.  I gathered his dilemma is ... he likes all those turnovers and wants them to keep up, but at the same time he hates the giving up yards part and in that sense does want a stingier unit.  I'm taking that as he's wanting this defense to get away from all that zone at the very least.  Knowing him, he's going to take that little bit of time he talked about and deliberate before announcing that Hall is gone or back.

17 hours ago, USABomberfan said:

Well, Hurl is a FA, and I'd say Walters would be insane to re-sign him when there are upgrades just about everywhere.  I mean, if our scouts can't go out and find upgrades for Hurl ... YIKES!!!

I took a listen to MOS's press conference to hear exactly what he said, and he seemed completely indecisive about Hall's fate.  Which ... on the one hand I'd say is good news that he wasn't jumping up in down in excitement saying he was going to bring him back, but at the same time he  obviously was in no eagerness to cut him loose.  I gathered his dilemma is ... he likes all those turnovers and wants them to keep up, but at the same time he hates the giving up yards part and in that sense does want a stingier unit.  I'm taking that as he's wanting this defense to get away from all that zone at the very least.  Knowing him, he's going to take that little bit of time he talked about and deliberate before announcing that Hall is gone or back.

Hey Hurl is a good solid special teams player, I'd take him back on this team no questions asked. 

Just rather he not start. 

21 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

No it’s the same guy.  Lapo doesn’t develop players.  We’ll have to put together a fantastic group of veteran players to optimize the offense with him and develop any consistency.  

Sometimes Lapo is a guy who needs to get out of his own and his players way.  Edmonton has no answer for the run in the first half of that game and he went completely away from it.  Let your players dominate and drop the game plan right out of the booth sometimes.

Can't argue with that, I was screaming my head off in suite 23 to run the f@#king ball.

9 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Tough to understand where this comes from when our OC, DC, and STC have all been replaced under O'Shea.

Let's be honest, his job was on the line. It's a different situation now that he has put together back to back winning seasons, the question is does he have the vision to take the team all the way now.