When do we fire Richie Hall?

BigBlue

When do we show Hall the door?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. When do we show Hall the door?

• Immediately and decisively; before Grey cup week
    • Immediately after the Grey cup; thoughtfully
    • Before Christmas - - let's not torture the man
    • In January before the free agent deadline in February; let's make sure we can find somebody better first
    • Later in the spring when we are sure we have found somebody who will accept the job
    • No, let's re up him to another 3 year contract with a big bonus
    • Other: no swearwords please

50 minutes ago, Booch said:

I never really liked the constant rotation to be honest...takes away too much for players getting in a groove and a feel for the game. Like Kyle said...have your best 12-13 guys and go with them...and I agree.

Perhaps this message has been parlayed to Oshea/Hall (if he is back) that moving forward thats what we are going to do...that being said onus is on Walters and scouting staff to provide said 12-13 best players to do the playing as starters

I agree to this with the exception of the D-line.. I think a rotation there is kind of crucial for our success. Don't know if the guys we currently have, have the stamina to be every down guys and be successful.  I do agree that getting into a groove and rhythm is paramount as well but risk/reward comes into play at some point..

Dline yeah you will have and need some rotation...But Jeffcoat...Poop..Opo..Nevis and Westerman are all A-1 starter types so it's not really an issue

but at times we had 3..4 guys coming in and out at a time...and it was constant...and generally in the linebacking/dback area and it I think can cause more issues than help with trying to match up a certain way.

I don't know if it was just a gut instinct thing or a scouting determination that player X was better at this task or faired well against a certain player, or if certain guys played well in direct coverage and others were better in read and react zone play...who knows...Tho I don't think we employed much read/react zone coverage as we seemed to have our guys play safe in their zones and converge to ball once play was executed and it usually resulted in the receiver always appearing to be not covered and getting positive yardage, but kept drives alive and ate up the yardage.

Now was it a trust thing in the players?...a belief by coaching they didn't have the talent to play this style?, or a defensive philosophy that was employed? I bet we as a team played the least man or press coverage in the league the last few years and well we seen the results of this. Which technically is somewhat encouraging because these are easy fixes and minor adjustments to a game plan can make this all disappear...now are we going to change the way we think defensively?...from sounds of what Oshea is saying and what Walter's alluded to today it sounds like we are

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Dline yeah you will have and need some rotation...But Jeffcoat...Poop..Opo..Nevis and Westerman are all A-1 starter types so it's not really an issue

but at times we had 3..4 guys coming in and out at a time...and it was constant...and generally in the linebacking/dback area and it I think can cause more issues than help with trying to match up a certain way.

I don't know if it was just a gut instinct thing or a scouting determination that player X was better at this task or faired well against a certain player, or if certain guys played well in direct coverage and others were better in read and react zone play...who knows...Tho I don't think we employed much read/react zone coverage as we seemed to have our guys play safe in their zones and converge to ball once play was executed and it usually resulted in the receiver always appearing to be not covered and getting positive yardage, but kept drives alive and ate up the yardage.

Now was it a trust thing in the players?...a belief by coaching they didn't have the talent to play this style?, or a defensive philosophy that was employed? I bet we as a team played the least man or press coverage in the league the last few years and well we seen the results of this. Which technically is somewhat encouraging because these are easy fixes and minor adjustments to a game plan can make this all disappear...now are we going to change the way we think defensively?...from sounds of what Oshea is saying and what Walter's alluded to today it sounds like we are

Too much analytics, perhaps? 

2 hours ago, Booch said:

ya I do agree with the wholesale swaps going on were probably detrimental more so then beneficial to the defense in general and would like to see a more "set" roster with the LBs and DBs with the exception of the 6th DB for obvious passing downs..

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

It's on the Leagues website that's good enough from most reasonable folks.

the league webpage, with 2 guys who have no clue whats happening in winnipeg.. (they were from Hamilton I believe, lol) 

but hey, keep on spinnin' those wheels.

On 11/16/2017 at 4:47 PM, pigseye said:

Spinning what? MOS was a game or two away of being given an apple and a road map. Nichols basically saved his and everybody else's job. The only reason for the recent success is Nichols at qb. The rest of the team is no better than when he took over 4 years ago and I'm not counting Medlock because he costs us a DI and we shouldn't have to rely on 7 field goals a game to squeak out wins.

OMG! You're so negative and you just come here to be mean!

On 11/16/2017 at 6:40 PM, SPuDS said:

nowhere was it ever even remotely hinted at that O'shea would be shown the door.. ever.  Miller and Walters have been 100% behind O'shea this entire time..

don't make up dumb stories to try and bolster your incorrect theories..  2 negatives in this case don't make a positive..

Have you ever had an original thoughtor have you spent your entire life regurgitating BS?

8 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Sure, I guess it technically does. It's still a piss poor way to substantiate a claim, though. Media members' opinions of something should never be passed off as proof of anything, much less a fact. For all we know, it was Paul Wiecek saying it.

What's ridiculous is how you complain about others cherry picking but then do the exact same thing. There's more to that write-up on O'Shea than what you quoted. But you believe whatever you want. That doesn't make it accurate or you right.

u8BFJ.gif

4 hours ago, SPuDS said:

ya I do agree with the wholesale swaps going on were probably detrimental more so then beneficial to the defense in general and blah blah blah

Shut_Up1.gif

2 hours ago, Floyd said:

Man I hope not...  osh needs to get past this dream of a cdn MLB or draft a guy like singleton/pay big $$ for muamba...

What dream is that? They did move Bass from the outside to the middle last year, they were hoping someone stepped up and took the job this year, no one did so it was Hurl who got it, also helped along by the plans to go NI at DT being scrapped due to Poop being too good to not play. 

I don't think there is any desire to have a Canadian MLB here, just a case of the Americans not stepping up and taking the position. That's on Kyle Walters for failing to recruit anyone good enough. 

On 11/17/2017 at 9:06 PM, J5V said:

Have you ever had an original thoughtor have you spent your entire life regurgitating BS?

uh, excuse me?  It was never even remotely considered from what I've seen and heard.  There was one speculative article out of Hamilton about it... by 2 guys not even slightly in the loop for the bombers.. So explain to me how saying that, is me regurgitating BS?  someone piss in your cornflakes on this particular day or..?

On 11/18/2017 at 11:18 AM, 17to85 said:

What dream is that? They did move Bass from the outside to the middle last year, they were hoping someone stepped up and took the job this year, no one did so it was Hurl who got it, also helped along by the plans to go NI at DT being scrapped due to Poop being too good to not play. 

I don't think there is any desire to have a Canadian MLB here, just a case of the Americans not stepping up and taking the position. That's on Kyle Walters for failing to recruit anyone good enough. 

Agree......we went the bulk of the year with Hurl (lacking certain physical attributes) and K. Knox......one of the least instinctive players, I have seen for a while.    Big mess.

Walters has to wear that.