MOS on Nichols

BigBlue

If the calf injury is still plaguing Nichols, but he is going to start, he will be pretty much rooted to the ground- no rollouts or QB draws. The O-line is going to have to protect him as well as they have this season. No Nichols, no trip to Calgary next week.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yep.... Being worn by a lineman..... Unless DA seriously packed er on.... 

Mildly surprised that Nichols is being as ginger as he is early on. I really thought he'd be flying on Day 1 to prove a point. Might be more hurt than I suspected... 

Maybe he's just wearing several extra layers because of the cold?  Don't ruin this for me.  :)

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Yep.... Being worn by a lineman..... Unless DA seriously packed er on.... 

Mildly surprised that Nichols is being as ginger as he is early on. I really thought he'd be flying on Day 1 to prove a point. Might be more hurt than I suspected... 

Practice in general is going to be pretty light given the circumstances.  They’ll be doing more work inside both physically and mentally.  Real high chance to get injured in cold, save it up for Sunday.

54 minutes ago, tracker said:

If the calf injury is still plaguing Nichols, but he is going to start, he will be pretty much rooted to the ground- no rollouts or QB draws. The O-line is going to have to protect him as well as they have this season. No Nichols, no trip to Calgary next week.

He's got to be able to shift his weight onto his front (left) foot (the injured one). If he can't do that relatively pain-free then he won't be shifting his weight forward and he'll be throwing off his back foot. That's not good. He doesn't have the arm strength for that kind of throw. He'll just be serving up lame ducks.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

Harris and Flanders you're up. Good thing those two have pretty much killed the Esks this season already. 

7 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Harris and Flanders you're up. Good thing those two have pretty much killed the Esks this season already. 

yup.  my only concern is that they scheme to take them out of the equation.. I have a feeling Denmark is going to have a good game, ditto Givens.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Let them scheme all they like, I have confidence in both players to straight up beat their opponents. 

oh me too, Harris and Flanders are special players no doubt.  Schmoe's defense is no slouch though either. 

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'd like to see them attack the ends with the run. Stay away from the middle and make Willis think.

thats a good call too.. that edge though is going to be a bastard if the field is slick.  wouldn't it be grand if we somehow reverse the footwear fubar of year's past?  Edmonton slipping and sliding around while our guys cut on a dime lol.  

trying to go horizontal to vertical and vice versa can be such a bugger in slick conditions. exhibit a, Messam in calgary.

Zero update from Mike O'Shea on Matt Nichols' health. Very mum on the subject, but says he looks good. Andrew Harris says Nichols Didier today than yesterday, which wasn't much. #Bombers

I think we can assume that 'Didier' means 'did more'?

Or maybe we added a new guy to the roster as a secret weapon.  Now the Eskimos have to game plan for Nichols Didier!

Edited by BomberBall

35 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

Zero update from Mike O'Shea on Matt Nichols' health. Very mum on the subject, but says he looks good. Andrew Harris says Nichols Didier today than yesterday, which wasn't much. #Bombers

Or maybe we added a new guy to the roster as a secret weapon.  Now the Eskimos have to game plan for Nichols Didier!

Didier = Did giddier.

Nichols spent most of the practise doing the same things as yesterday, but today he couldn't stop giggling.

Sunday afternoon they are going to prop his body up behind Goossen and hope for the best (ie, play him until he's stretched off).

When most guys come back from injury "at 100%", they're really about 80%.  Realistically, my guess is Nichols' body will be 40-50% on Sunday.  He's lining up at practise so at least his head can be 100% when it comes to the playbook.

22 hours ago, BomberBall said:

I think he meant covfefe.  Nichols is covfefe, which is great news for us all!!