Eskis @ Bombers: Playoffs Are Here / Raise Expectations

USABomberfan

It's finally here, postseason has arrived and the path to Ottawa starts now.  We got the Eskidolts at home and a game that may be our most challenging of the postseason unless the stamps resurge in a big hurry, or the Redblacks run the table out east and get to play in the GC in front of their home crowd.

The biggest watch I'm looking at?  Nichols and D Adams must return to action and Clarence Denmark come alive in this game.  We need the offense to come alive because Richie Hall is a dead weight failure.  If we can get our passing game going, maybe Harris and Flanders can get things going underneath.

But this game is a must win.  One and done is 100℅ unacceptable and someone will be fired if that happens.  Citizens of Winnipeg, it is your civic duty to be in IGF at 3 PM Sunday.

17 minutes ago, USABomberfan said:

It's finally here, postseason has arrived and the path to Ottawa starts now.  We got the Eskidolts at home and a game that may be our most challenging of the postseason unless the stamps resurge in a big hurry, or the Redblacks run the table out east and get to play in the GC in front of their home crowd.

The biggest watch I'm looking at?  Nichols and D Adams must return to action and Clarence Denmark come alive in this game.  We need the offense to come alive because Richie Hall is a dead weight failure.  If we can get our passing game going, maybe Harris and Flanders can get things going underneath.

But this game is a must win.  One and done is 100℅ unacceptable and someone will be fired if that happens.  Citizens of Winnipeg, it is your civic duty to be in IGF at 3 PM Sunday.

captain.jpg~c200

17 minutes ago, MC said:

The only must-add for this game is Nichols. 

Did I miss something, or is Adams not out until next year?  

I guess I had figured the thread that was going was saying he was out the remainder of the season ... but had a possibility of returning some time in the playoffs.  Maybe that changed and he's going to be out indefinitely now.  Really hope we don't have another Cory Watson on our hands with these injuries.

I don't think they said anything, other than he was out and week to week.  If it was a separated shoulder, it's possible he could be back.... but that could mean this week, or a couple weeks from now.  If he's out on the field at practice, let the rumour mill start churning!

57 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

stupid fax machines.

I'm not sure how many people remember the story of Graeme Bell/Brendan Taman and how a faulty fax machine supposedly resulted in him becoming an Eskimo rather than re-upping with the Bombers....I've mentioned it to him before (we have a mutual friend) and he rolled his eyes so hard I thought they were going to come out of his head. He's good people, that guy...

36 minutes ago, trueBlue83 said:

I don't think they said anything, other than he was out and week to week.  If it was a separated shoulder, it's possible he could be back.... but that could mean this week, or a couple weeks from now.  If he's out on the field at practice, let the rumour mill start churning!

it's just curious that they've never come out and said "out for the year".....I don't think we'll see him this week, but I'd be curious about the end of the month, if we make it that far...

Just now, Noeller said:

I'm not sure how many people remember the story of Graeme Bell/Brendan Taman and how a faulty fax machine supposedly resulted in him becoming an Eskimo rather than re-upping with the Bombers....I've mentioned it to him before (we have a mutual friend) and he rolled his eyes so hard I thought they were going to come out of his head. He's good people, that guy...

I'm thinking it was that story that triggered the fax machine comment from me, lol. I remember it being one of our FA's and Edmonton..

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

just looking at the printer size setting on my computer.... I see a lot of options, Letter, Envelope, Postcard.... no napkin though!??