Injuries After Hamilton

Noeller

Leggett was also getting up pretty slowly after lots of his tackles. If it was his arm last week, it looked like he tweaked his leg in the third quarter was stretching out a lot at the bench. Miller's looked the worst, could really not walk on it, hoping it's not a dislocated ankle. Nicholls seemed to play through the injury fairly effectively for the rest of the first half, still had good zip on the ball. The interception was totally on Langford stoping his route (maybe lost track of the ball?). Suspect Flanders was a hamstring, he hurt it pretty much on the out pass where Nicholls missed him, was limping and clutching the back of his leg the rest of the game.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

My biggest fear if Nicholls is out for a few games is that Davis won't get an adequate chance and folks will clamour for Lefevour. We likely are set in second place with even 1 more win. 2 would guarantee it I believe. We need to know what we have in Davis at some point. Lefevour has been no less than amazing at short yardage but I cringe when he stays in for an extra play after the first down. He does not have the arm strength. 

1 hour ago, AKAChip said:

My biggest fear if Nicholls is out for a few games is that Davis won't get an adequate chance and folks will clamour for Lefevour. We likely are set in second place with even 1 more win. 2 would guarantee it I believe. We need to know what we have in Davis at some point. Lefevour has been no less than amazing at short yardage but I cringe when he stays in for an extra play after the first down. He does not have the arm strength. 

I don't know about Davis' alleged lack of arm strength. He made a couple of deep tosses which had pretty good trajectory and velocity that weren't too far off.

3 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

I doubt it

Nope, we take our lumps at the qb position & go from there. I don't want us to give up starters or draft picks for a rental player who is the highest paid qb in the CFL. & wouldn't re-sign here in the off season. The Bombers decided to go with an inexperienced backup in Davis so we live with him. You could promote LeFevour to #1 & try him. But Collaros in a trade, no way. 

I did something like that to my nail a couple of times. It hurts like heck but does not affect grip and can probably be anesthetized without too much ado. I expect that Nichols will be on deck next weekend., but that nail is going to throb like you wouldn't believe.

Best thing would be to take it off and sterilize the nail bed really well. Let the nail grow back in it's own good time. If all that's wrong is the nail then yes, they can shoot up the finger and he should be okay. Might lose a bit of touch of the throws though. Every player handles pain differently.

54 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And how did they not call/OShea challenge that one for RTP.  Kanneh clubbed him in the side of the head then Tracy speared him look at where his head is.  Helmet to face mask.  Could have overturned the fumble.

Nichols was basically road-graded on that play, Tracey may have initially hit him in the chest with his helmet but he carried up over his face-mask and ended with helmet to helmet contact.

3 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

And how did they not call/OShea challenge that one for RTP.  Kanneh clubbed him in the side of the head then Tracy speared him look at where his head is.  Helmet to face mask.  Could have overturned the fumble.

Could not understand that.  Did anyone ask him that question after the game?